What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,005 comments
Interestingly, I start Signalis last week (because I suspect it may leave Game Pass soon).

However, I still don't have a formed opinion on it, because I also started playing Forza and didn't get back to Signalis since.

I didn't even start Signalis, I am instead playing...

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Daytona USA on my PS3. It is excellent.

I'm going to be playing Destiny as and when it finishes downloading 12 updates.

So I finished The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog, it was surprisingly OK for an April Fools joke but that's about it. I only played Sonic games up to the first Adventure but even I spotted references I remembered and it had a very Sonic feel to it, I especially liked the fact that the minigames were played on a Sega Dream Gear that had my character's name scribbled on it in Sharpie ink.

I decided to check out Arcade Paradise next (Signalis will have to wait, I suppose) and I get that it's supposed to be dull at the start, but... It's dull. I guess it's a sim in the Car Mechanic Sim style and it does have more character than that, at least but I don't know how long I'll put up with it!

I tried Forza Motorsports and found it terrible, so I'm back to Starfield, which is way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I honestly like it more than any of the Fallout games I've played, although TES still beats it out for me.

After my 6th playthrough of the Seperate Ways DLC for RE4R I have now started Cyberpunk 2077.

So far I can say the game looks amazing on PS5, still very early in the game though, hoping that waiting for this to be patched/fixed all these years was worth the wait.

Lies of P is very competently made, but I ended up dropping out. I wasn't really in the mood for such intense game after Resident Evil 4 Remake so thoroughly drained me.

Instead I've been playing Hitman 3, its new quasi-roguelike Freelancer mode particularly. Having no saves and only single attempt at a mission means stakes are a lot higher, and there are much more careful planning and improvisations involved. It's a rush when a careful plan or wonky improv session ends up working in my favor, and hilarious when desperate last ditch plan predictably ends up blowing up in my face. It's really refreshing take on the base game, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Playing a little bit of Lego City Undercover too. I watched someone 100%-ing one of the Lego games on Youtube, and I suddenly remembered I had this game. Decided to try out, and it's just the kind of lighthearted laid-back game that I've been looking for. I dig its soundtrack too. The game seems slightly wonky on my Series X though - FYI if anyone ends up having an issue where a game freezes in black screen after a cutscene, adjusting console home screen resolution to 720p fixes it for some reason.

Forza Motorsport, enjoying the game on SX, venturing online and managing to mostly finish in the top 3 with a few wins. I'm liking the GTS copy mode, it's working really well and this game will continue to evolve in the cunning months/years.

And, DR2.0. Frantically trying to finish the last set of Colin McRae challenges with the Focus, Fabia WRC and 6R4 before the new game comes out. I've played all of it on Medium difficulty and some of it is super hard! But I love it, the way it forces you to really learn the stage and car combo to push to my absolute limit to win. Such a thrilling feeling. I feel like I've not played this game enough, spent too much time with the WRC games. If I get this done before the end of the month I will be moving onto the RX mode. Great time to be a racing game fan, I'm trying keep my expectations intact but the more I see footage of EASports WRC the excited I get, the thing that gets me the most is the sound, seemingly CM might excel themselves.

Forza Motorsport, enjoying the game on SX, venturing online and managing to mostly finish in the top 3 with a few wins. I'm liking the GTS copy mode, it's working really well and this game will continue to evolve in the cunning months/years.

And, DR2.0. Frantically trying to finish the last set of Colin McRae challenges with the Focus, Fabia WRC and 6R4 before the new game comes out. I've played all of it on Medium difficulty and some of it is super hard! But I love it, the way it forces you to really learn the stage and car combo to push to my absolute limit to win. Such a thrilling feeling. I feel like I've not played this game enough, spent too much time with the WRC games. If I get this done before the end of the month I will be moving onto the RX mode. Great time to be a racing game fan, I'm trying keep my expectations intact but the more I see footage of EASports WRC the excited I get, the thing that gets me the most is the sound, seemingly CM might excel themselves.
"in the cunning months..."? 🤔
How cunning are we talking???
these assholes i stf2g hope u like friend GIF

Finally finished the main story of Jedi Survivor. Had to turn the difficulty down towards the end. I like that the postgame leaves you free to continue exploring from that point, rather than warping you back to a point before the final boss.

Spider-man 2 is preinstalled and ready to go for Friday. Need to check the launch time, whether it’s a half-day off work or the full sickie.

After my 6th playthrough of the Seperate Ways DLC for RE4R I have now started Cyberpunk 2077.

So far I can say the game looks amazing on PS5, still very early in the game though, hoping that waiting for this to be patched/fixed all these years was worth the wait.

I’m on my second playthrough. First one was 3 years ago.
I liked it alright the first time around - I’m obsessing over it now.
2.0 and Phantom Liberty are phenomenal.

My current GOTY.

I’m on my second playthrough. First one was 3 years ago.
I liked it alright the first time around - I’m obsessing over it now.
2.0 and Phantom Liberty are phenomenal.

My current GOTY.
I've only played a couple hours so far but love what I am seeing so far.

Decided to go explore night city between missions and wow. What a game world they have built! Looking forward to exploring it more and actually learn to play the game, level up etc.

I'm playing EA FC 24 and actually quite like it so far. I wasn't going to bother, but my wife had a Vanilla Gift Card she didn't know what to do with so it just won out over Ride 5. I have a proper love/hate affair with FIFA. I love football, particularly the lower leagues (wouldn't have a clue who was on any Ballon D'or shortlist) and have poured months of my life into football games and management games over many years. With FIFA I've always tended to love the squad editing, transfers, building my own squads, then get to the actual gameplay and it's like "urgh, this is ****". Don't even start me on the scripting, makes me want to tear my hear out in clumps and feed it to whoever programmed that abomination. But then I discovered the sliders and suddenly could kinda enjoy FIFA 23. This one feels like quite a decent upgrade actually.

GTA III Trilogy Definitive Edition. Finished GTA III for the first time ever a couple of nights ago and have just started VC. Having not played any of them for what must be at least 16 years, it is a complete nostalgia trip. They aren't perfect "remasters" by any means but I'm having a lot of fun with them.

A bit of Wildfrost and F1 Manager on the side a well.

I played a little of MegaMan X7 and MegaMan X8 from the MegaMan X Legacy Collection 2. I wanted to play through X7 a bit more because I have yet to beat any boss in that game. That all changed when I finally defeated Snipe Anteatoer last night. As a MegaMan/RockMan veteran, MegaMan X7 is more a "what were you thinking?" deal. Almost as if people would ask why Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) and Castlevania 2 departed from their previous titles. I'm kind of playing X7 in trying to help all the ones you have to rescue. It's the same way I'm doing with MegaMan X6 as well. If a rescue is killed, I restart the game. With the control scheme, it is not as intuitive to switch between weapons without going to the pause menu.

As for MegaMan X8, I finally got to meet Gravity Antonian, and I nearly beat him. I also made my further progress in Bamboo Pandamonium's stage using a combination of the Neutral Armor and Axl. The X series after MegaMan X4 have mostly been a pain. Sometimes a borderline impossible pain. However, X8 isn't as impossible to where the game is unplayable. There is still some entertainment value despite its brutal difficulty. I've had better luck reaching bosses in X7 than I am with X8. I've also defeated two bosses (Optic Sunflower and Earthrock Trilobyte) so far in this game compared to just one in X7.

Bought Wreckfest the other day, playing it with my T-GT and MT... it's quite the workout with default FFB, damn near broke my rig.

I also suck at it.

Battlefield 2042 is currently 84% off on Steam, it costed me $14. I've always wanted to try this on mouse and keyboard so I'm giving it another chance.

Arcade Paradise got better but I'm now at a stage where it's a bit too meta - I'm playing a game where you distract yourself from work by playing games, when in real life I feel like I could use my time more wisely (despite having a full time job already) yet would also like to play other games, and the actual games in Arcade Paradise aren't as good as other games I could be playing. I don't dislike it, I'm just not sure it's what I want to play right now.

So last night I took a break - I got in late from work and didn't have the energy to play anything (I would've fallen asleep on the sofa immediately) so I set my PS4 up, finally, having moved into my current place back in April. Can't put it near enough to my TV to be able to connect both an HDMI and Ethernet cable though so it's currently running "headless", streamed to my Deck, it works really well - I was able to win a race in Wipeout on it so the latency can't be that bad. Next step is to pair a controller to the Deck, plug it into the TV and play stuff on a bigger screen. I really need to start Ghost of Tsushima.

Last edited:
I really need to start Ghost of Tsushima.

But, because I can't play it on the train to work, I've started Signalis instead. Haven't played much but it's good so far, reminds me of Resident Evil, Echo and, possibly solely because of the walk animation, Fear Effect. I appreciate the extra immersion added by the occasional interactive first person view when you're examining things and while I'm usually not a fan, I think the anime character design works pretty well with the overall presentation.

Super Mario Wonder. Not feeling it yet, 2D Mario games don’t quite do it for me these days. It’s beautiful and stuff, but the levels so far feel bare and it’s all a bit dull. Give me Odyssey any day. Bought it mainly for my son who’s obsessed with all things Super Mario. He played it for about ten minutes and was quickly back playing Odyssey. But it’s getting amazing reviews so I’ll persevere and see if it gets more interesting.

Thinking to get observer redux on ps5, just wonder at what price ill be satisfied to get it.

Seems short, i wonder if it varies a little, ways thru it, on how to do puzzles, endings etc.

I hope to finish up Armored Core 6. Currently working through NG++. After I finish I am going start back on Yakuza Kiwanis 2

I've been plugging away at Split/Second. I felt my patience slipping away near the middle when AI difficulty started ramping up, but I eventually got the hang of things and managed to complete the career mode. There were plenty of frustrations, but at the end of the day, I enjoyed it a lot. Not to mention that game still looks great in motion despite it being 2010 game.

Split_Second-2023_10_23-03_22_13.png

Last edited:
Played a bit of motogp19, i like it overall ever since i long got it.
And wrc10, really solid, and good fun.

Good sale on, essentials deals, on psn.
Many low priced games on it.

I think I'll get the fall 1 and 2 bundle, 3$ for the 1st, 7$ for both.
Blade runner, 6$
Sbk22, 8$
Observation and Observer maybe. 8 and 16 bucks.
And perhaps re village, it's 20 bucks cad.

I like scifi and cyberpunk..

Last edited:
Still can't drag myself away from Cyberpunk, what a game, spent close to 20 hours now just doing side missions without touching the main story, a lot of time was put into the side missions, they are as good or better than a lot of other games main stories.

Also a bit of streets of rage 4 couch coop with my friend, highly recommended if you have a friend to play with and like a bit of button bashing.

Still cyberpunk. My playthrough of Phantom Liberty has lead to a new run through the base game. It’s a night and day difference after the 2.0 update.
I’m on track for the platinum trophy in act 3 now.

Still cyberpunk. My playthrough of Phantom Liberty has lead to a new run through the base game. It’s a night and day difference after the 2.0 update.
I’m on track for the platinum trophy in act 3 now.
How is phantom liberty?
Seen some reviews but they don't exactly focus on the DLC only but incorporate the 2.0 update in the review.

Back