What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,005 comments
Playing the Alan Wake Remaster to refresh my memory before the launch of the sequel. Played the original game at launch, what, 13 years ago? I only remember bits from the original, but the remaster is a good time. Pretty impressive game for the time, maybe a little underrated though.

The sequel is shaping up to be a great game in my opinion, can't wait. Remedy's previous game Control was fantastic, love what the studio does with their weird story telling and characters.
Yes, one of the latest gameplay previews was cool really, with controlling Wake in the dark New York, meeting Casey i think it is, one of the characters of Wake's novels, played visually by Sam Lake, the dev and promoter of Remedy, the face of the original Max Payne,
And voiced by the actor who voices max payne.
Love that guy's voice, and delivery, McCaffrey? I think his name.
He does the voice of the director in Control too.

Game looks insanely good too.

Yes, one of the latest gameplay previews was cool really, with controlling Wake in the dark New York, meeting Casey i think it is, one of the characters of Wake's novels, played visually by Sam Lake, the dev and promoter of Remedy, the face of the original Max Payne,
And voiced by the actor who voices max payne.
Love that guy's voice, and delivery, McCaffrey? I think his name.
He does the voice of the director in Control too.

Game looks insanely good too.
Indeed, James McCaffrey is the voice of Max Payne/Director Trench. I didn't know that he was voicing the character who Sam Lake visually portrays in Alan Wake 2. So... it's Max Payne in Alan Wake 2 basically? :lol: Very cool.

Last edited:
Indeed, James McCaffrey is the voice of Max Payne/Director Trench. I didn't know that he was voicing the character who Sam Lake visually portrays in Alan Wake 2. So... it's Max Payne in Alan Wake 2 basically? :lol: Very cool.
And Alan Wake remaster looks and plays great on ps5 at least, for an xbx360 era game.
Can't wait for their remakes of mp1 and 2 after that.
Loved McCaffrey in mp3 also.

Ride 5: I expected more but I guess the UE4 is outdated. Still a great game and motorcycles are more fun than cars but not more dangerous than cars in the virtual world.

I played and completed the regular demo to Delta-Gal. Delta-Gal is a rather old indie/independent game meant to be a spiritual successor to the "MegaMan Legends" series. It was pretty fun! I still want to play MegaMan Legends proper, but Delta-Gal was a quite nice game, even if just a demo.

I'm still on Subnautica: Below Zero, last night I decided to advance the story so I went and did a thing, then was told to go and find someone but after searching for about an hour I couldn't find them so I gave up and decided to rearrange my base because I didn't like the layout of the control and sensor rooms, I thought they were too haphazardly dangling off my large room (which itself feels half finished and kinda pointless) but I found that my choice of location limited my options because of the terrain, so now I'm thinking I'll relocate but I don't know where to. In Subnautica I stuck with the same base right up until it became impractical to explore and have to return all the way home to unload the haul of stuff I was finding, it wasn't a great time.

Barely keeping up with everything but finishing first play through of Starfield, which has been great overall.
Jumping back into Cyberpunk with patch 2.0 and eventually Phantom Liberty. Definitely a much better game than it was at launch.
Also…starting Baldur’s Gate 3. Another seemingly excellent game. Super early in, but Im liking the amount of freedom you get and seems like I may actually replay it a few times, which is almost never a thing for me.
Overall, lots of great RPG games that are out this year.

The last quarter of my gaming year looks like this:
-Another Cyberpunk 2077 run (Series X), now with the 2.0 patch and getting the Phantom Liberty expansion (time to cash those Microsoft Rewards!).
-Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Series X).
-The Crew Motorfest (Series X/PC).
-Fallout 4 (PC).
-Horizon Zero Dawn (PC).
-SW Jedi: Fallen Order, third run (!) now on PC. What can I say, it's like rewatching one of your favorite SW movies.

And Forza Motorsport, AC Mirage and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora are coming up!

Finally saw the ending of Resident Evil 4 Remake. Kind of glad to see that Island section still isn't any less of a slog. The more the things change and all that.

It was fun. Uninstalled for now because I needed to make room for Lies of P.

On ps5
Cyberpunk 2077 - 90hrs into my first play though. One of the best games I ever played so I’m stretching it out
Trek to omi - free psn samurai sword fighting game with tight controls and surprisingly good visuals and art style. The Japanese villages and scenery depicted look photo real. Underrated game, check it out

Started playing NFSMW '12 on the PS3 again a few weeks ago and ended up buying all the DLC while they’re still available.

It felt like coming home. Fairhaven is still one of my favourite open world maps when it comes to NFS and I was surprised how much of it I still remembered. Engine sounds are still one of the best in the business and unmatched in succeeding games.

Another game I’ve recently purchased is Under The Waves on the PS4. I was itching for another underwater game after having finished Abzu for the 5th time a while back and it fit the bill perfectly. Put 15+ hours into my first save so far and absolutely love it despite some performance issues.

Started SnowRunner a couple of months ago. It was a bit difficult in the beginning compared to MudRunner. I almost stopped playing it because it felt broken to me after Mudrunner. The lack of offroad/mud tires was the greatest challenge I believe, but with a few online tips I got one or two trucks that were more capable from other locations. Once I unlocked offroad tires, it felt like the game it should have been. Enjoying it so far. Year passes are also on discount until 12/10/23 on PS Store.

Seperate Ways DLC for RE4.

So far a great addition to the already great game.

It has been a great year for survival horror games so far.

Also still doing the odd hour long race in ACC british DLC tracks.

Alternating Cyberpunk 2.0 and Baldur's Gate 3. No way I get them both finished before Spidey 2. Also need to do the last few missions of Jedi Survivor.

Recently, I rediscovered an old game I once played on my previous PC (and then maybe my PC before my current previous one). I rediscovered Ken's Labyrinth. This is a quirky first-person shooter made by Ken Silverman, best known as being responsible for the creation of the legendary Build Engine in gaming. I rediscovered it by playing an OpenGL-SDL port of it. What astonishes me is that with this very old website of Ken Silverman, it is still maintained and updated regularly with new content. Heck, there's even something I saw that had old "Ken's Labyrinth" as a port that can be played on a Nintendo Switch! The game is not really groundbreaking, but it is a nice play if you want to try a quirky first-person shooter.

As a new PC player, I'm curious about all the tech that is coming out. That's why I downloaded the Forspoken demo when I learned today that FSR 3.0, AMD's upscaling technology that now includes frame generation, was out and supported this game.

With the default settings, my RX 6650 XT card will do about 50 fps on average, which doesn't feel unplayable at all, but then I tried many modes of FSR in combination with frame generation and wow, it is real folks. I practically doubled the fps with a very acceptable image quality, but at the cost of some input lag that is rather manageable as I activated the anti-lag option in AMD's Adrenalin software.

As for the game itself... The magic parkour and combat do feel very good, but its open world and buildings feel rather uninspired and very 2000's in design (like procedurally generated). The music is good, but the dialogue between the main character and her gauntlet quickly becomes annoying.
Considering that I'm also playing Horizon Zero Dawn, which looks and feels like the superior open world game (with excellent performance at high settings that don't require this FSR trickery), I wouldn't purchase Forspoken based on what I've played so far.

I played a good amount of SuperTuxKart last night. SuperTuxKart is a FOSS (free and open-source) cartoon kart racing game mostly popular on Linux. I played an older version of STK. I thought about developing some karts or tracks for it. I will have to play the most recent STK to see how much has changed between the older version I played and the new STK.

I kept playing Ken's Labyrinth, which I rediscovered also. Once I edited some of the textures after being scared seeing them, I made my farthest progress in the game. One level had a bunch of beehives that scared me seeing them. I usually like to edit textures or sprites so I don't get as scared seeing them. Turns out... that stage with so many beehives is a hellish nightmare. I'm glad I cleared that stage!

In the future, I might want to make my debut with DOOM 3, the Might and Magic series, and maybe even the Ultima series.

Hit a motivation blockade with Starfield, don't know why. So enjoying myself with Crime Boss: Rockay City again.

Advancing in Control game from remedy,
Near half point of base game, starting to get more interesting with more moves, abilities, enemies and finally a little different environment, with the black rock quarry, a needed change of scenery.

Offices get a little boring at some point.
Hope it continues.

Also i like the style of story etc, and love Trench videos where he talks, but many of the written additional story collectibles are a bit of going no where flavor write ups to me.

I like the strange subject but it doesn't add up to much for now still.

Also wish there was difficulty settings, i find fights a little on the easy side.
The throw ability is a bit overpowered it seems, and you can rely on that too easily.
Avoiding upgrades so it doesn't get easier, but i want added abilities though for the added tactical interest.

Also, puzzles could be a little more interesting, and frequent.
Im anxious to get the levitate ability to add interest to the level design, and navigation.

And environment could have more interactivity, uses for tactical advantage in fights.
Like breakable falling parts etc.

Last edited:
I put Starfield aside for now. I played through a bit of Forza, a dash of Cyberpunk too, but another game has me hooked it seems. That game is Revhead, it is on Xbox now and imo it is gloriously addictive.

Lately, been on abit of an MMORPG binge. Started with a brief stint of Bless Unleashed last year (Before the console version was discontinued November 30th) and currently these three games are what I have been playing:

TERA
Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter
Black Desert

Skyforge was another one but it got very repetitive and boring ontop of the presentation that gives the vibe that it's been rushed (Bad voice acting save for the guy in the tutorial, captions that don't match and speech sequences that either started over mid-conversation or just abruptly stopped).

Last edited:
Finished Subnautica: Below Zero, wasn't too thrilled by it, the fun was in the exploration and the gamble made by splitting the focus between sea and land did not pay off because the original game had more depth (literally) and this one only got you to go below 1,000 metres once and for about five minutes, meanwhile the above water stuff was tedious because it mostly meant getting lost in featureless white areas where you could only see about 20% of the time because it was otherwise almost always foggy, raining or nighttime, and the last thing you had to do was hidden in a cave that, if you're like me, you walked past several times on your way around the place. The story was meh too and I got properly stuck (also literally) at the very last minute as I tried to navigate to the final waypoint, got out of bounds completely by accident and was then hemmed in by an invisible wall that split a structure in half. The "unstuck" option just reset me back to where I already was, too, but I was able to use a console command to just walk through the invisible wall so that was fine.

I'm not sure what to play next, I tried Tin Can which seems like a fun concept but the controls aren't great on Deck as a keyboard and mouse-only first person game, it's also a bit annoying that the blue highlight when holding an object doesn't always mean you'll place the item where it should go and really it was just a bit too frustrating not knowing which devices required which components so I gave up after about an hour or asphyxiation.

Maybe Signalis next?

Played some Fall Guys with the nephews this weekend, first time in a while I’ve loaded it up. Quite impressed by all the changes. Solo events much better than being forced into teams with strangers. Nice new games. Of course the older nephew managed to get a win after about 3 tries, I haven’t managed that since it released.

Pretty much given up on GT7 at this point. Currently rotating Baldur’s Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2.0 and Jedi Survivor.

Back