What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,005 comments
Motorsport Manager with Fire 22 mod. 13,000 hours "played" but most of that was just me keeping the game running and alt tabbing on my old ****** lap top because it took so long to load up.

Just finished my 5th season as TP of Williams. I had an engine partner deal with Mercedes for 4 of those seasons, and went with a BMW works deal in the 5th when it became available. Liam Lawson and Oscar Piastri are my main drivers with Oliver Bearman as a reserve, both have won a WDC and the WCC in the past 2 seasons. Oscar is a machine but Liam joined a cult and is now their leader, so his performance has dropped significantly. So I think it's time to fire his ass and put Bearman in. I love this game.

As a newish PC player, I'm happy to have discovered Horizon Zero Dawn on 2023, as I completely skipped the PS4 era (I did own PS consoles up to that point). I finished the main story at about 40 hours of play, and I still have to tackle the Frozen Wilds expansion. While not original/revolutionary gameplaywise it was quite satisfactory overall and I will get The Forbidden West, although not on release, because I've also learned to wait for discounts and fully patched games.

It’s fantastic. If the base game is a 9, Phantom Liberty is a 10.
Oh wow, sounds great.

Seriously thinking of picking it up once I've wrapped up the main game.

Glad Cities Skylines 2 got delayed as Cyberpunk has taken me by surprise and I can't put it down, glad to hear good things of the expansion as I will definitely want more once I'm done.

I made my debut in "Cities: Skylines" recently. As a SimCity veteran, I used some of those skills to slowly learn Cities: Skylines. I worked on one city to go after "Little Hamlet" status, but I may make a new city instead. I kind of don't want my city to drive on the left-hand side. I haven't figured out how to change that if possible. I will replace my current work if I find a way around that.

I know a lot of people are playing "Cities: Skylines 2" right now, but I need the experience and don't want to get caught up dealing with the buggy nature of that game from reviews I've seen and heard.

[UPDATE] I'm fine- you could click on "Left-Hand Drive" to choose whether your city drives on the left side. I didn't toggle it, so I'm good. In fact, I even went from just over 1K Citizens to over 5.5K citizens in my city.

Last edited:
I reached the last day on the Death Road to Canada, so got to push a bit more, at least.
Made it to the finish.

Attachments

• drcstats.jpg
    drcstats.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 8
Playing again the demo of re4 remake, more fun than i remembered.
Lots of little things to uncover, ways to deal with things, well for someone who doesn't know it already by heart like me.
I did play the original back on ps but only once and not thru to the end i think.
I wonder, if in the full game, the bell rings and all action stops after surviving a little while like in the demo?
Bit of a shame, but it makes it replayable.

That spot where you can climb up to a window of one of the old houses/barns from outside, i guess you need to stun an enemy nesr under it to be able to climb it?

I like slower style like re2 remake too, but it's a fun change of pace for sure.

Will get it when at a lower price, too many games.
Tempted to get re village really, i wonder if worth the full edition for the dlc, its rated low, and short.

Gonna skip 3 until its very low priced.

I finally got around to playing NFS Heat. It was kind of underwhelming, but good mindless fun in parts.

I've also been playing The Suika game. I now officially hate fruit.

Decided to give Hogwarts a go. It's a very interesting game. Wasn't sure what to expect with the spell battles and all but it's quite fun. The pace is a bit slow with all the conversations but I'm enjoying it so far.

Taking a break from BG3’s Act 3 to play some Alan Wake 2.
So far, it seems like Remedy’s best work yet. The art, visuals, and sound are top notch. The story keeps you interested to keep going and the overall experience feels quite tense. There isn’t much action as some other survival horror games, but somehow it doesn’t feel like it’s a big issue, at least to me.

Control never really clicked for me and felt more style over substance. Quantum Break felt like it had some good ideas but the writing was just poor. Alan Wake 2 kind of follows the same trend where it does take that same style over substance approach, but somehow it feels better than the previous efforts. We’ll see where it ends up, but even if the destination will be mediocre the ride may still be worth the price of admission.

Finished the main story of Spider-Man 2.

Now back to either Baldur’s Gate 3 or Cyberpunk. Probably the latter as I was quite a bit further along in my on-hold playthroughs, plus I picked up the Phantom Liberty DLC with some PS Stars rewards.

Those 2 should keep me going until Christmas, then I can start hitting the enormous backload as there isn’t anything big for me on the horizon.

-Trying to finish Ghost of Tsushima and it's DLC and starting Spider-Man Remastered (yeah I'm way too late).

Playing again the demo of re4 remake, more fun than i remembered.
Lots of little things to uncover, ways to deal with things, well for someone who doesn't know it already by heart like me.
I did play the original back on ps but only once and not thru to the end i think.
I wonder, if in the full game, the bell rings and all action stops after surviving a little while like in the demo?
Yes. You can even make the action ends faster by shooting the bell yourself :lol:

The game itself is really fun. I think I played the story around 4 times before lending it to my friend. When he's finished I'm going to start Separate Ways DLC.

Last edited:
I have been playing a Pokémon story with 5 mates.

6 of us all started a game of Pokémon Platinum at the same time and we have been playing through the game and stopping at the Gym battles. After each gym, we Save our games and then host a tournament on Pokémon Showdown with our teams post each gym. We are currently working towards Gym 5 and have been having a blast.

Teams can change between Gyms as we all play the game normally and start to find and train up new Pokémon each time. It's been cool to see what different people go for each time and how much strategy some players are going for. You can clearly see each time that a few people have been designing strategies to deal with certain Pokémon on other player's teams.

4 Gyms down and we have had 3 champions so far. It will be fun to see how this develops and what we get when everyone reaches the Elite Four. It's been fun because two players have never played Pokémon before, and have still had success with one winning the Gym 3 tournament! This has been a great way of all going on the same journey and having something to aim for.

Taking a break from BG3’s Act 3 to play some Alan Wake 2.
So far, it seems like Remedy’s best work yet. The art, visuals, and sound are top notch. The story keeps you interested to keep going and the overall experience feels quite tense. There isn’t much action as some other survival horror games, but somehow it doesn’t feel like it’s a big issue, at least to me.

Control never really clicked for me and felt more style over substance. Quantum Break felt like it had some good ideas but the writing was just poor. Alan Wake 2 kind of follows the same trend where it does take that same style over substance approach, but somehow it feels better than the previous efforts. We’ll see where it ends up, but even if the destination will be mediocre the ride may still be worth the price of admission.
I'm absolutely loving Alan Wake 2 about 12 hours in, it feels very well made in all areas and the story is right on par with Remedy's other work... so a little wild and confusing but in a good way lol. In terms of gameplay it isn't like the original Alan Wake all that much especially with less emphasis on combat and a focus on exploration and story. That's fine by me, actually, it feels like a cross between a X-Files episode and some sort of true crime thriller where you can't help but wonder how things are going to fall into place.

So far I prefer to play as Saga mostly because of the locations her character goes to, but also because her story is more interesting at least where I am in the game. I'll leave out details for spoiler reasons, but being able to swap between playing as two characters is a great story mechanic and feels like two different games in one.

On top of all that the game is absolutely fantastic looking (playing on PS5), shame there is no photomode. The environments are so detailed that I found myself spending a lot of time just looking at everything possible.

18b82dc593625-screenshotUrl.jpg

I finished Signalis and moved straight on to The Return of the Obra Dinn again because I realised I'd forgotten all about it, apart from having a waste of skin attempt to rob me for my Deck while I was playing it (the most embarrassing part of which was that he started the interaction with "hey what are you playing?" and I nearly said the words "The Return of the Obra Dinn" on a busy train) it's exactly as good as I remember! Only thing is I do kind of remember how I worked out some names and I guess when I get to that point again I'll probably solve it the same way.

Played the first hour of Lies of P, on Game Pass.

Feeling a tad too familiar to every other Soulsbourne:

Collect souls to rank up your character and buy weapons.
Lose souls when you die.
Go back to same location to collect souls or else you lose partial amount.
Big tough boss very early on.
Campfire to save progress and regain HP, but all enemies respawn.

I am hoping some new mechanics come into play because this is the same game, again and again, with a different skin.

Last edited:
I downloaded Jusant (Game Pass, Series S), even if my record with indie games is truly terrible. It's about climbing a huge mountain and maybe uncover some secrets, and the climbing mechanics are more complex than your average 1st person adventure game (where climbing is mostly a given).

Played the first hour of Lies of P, on Game Pass.

Feeling a tad too familiar to every other Soulsbourne:

Collect souls to rank up your character and buy weapons.
Lose souls when you die.
Go back to same location to collect souls or else you lose partial amount.
Big tough boss very early on.
Campfire to save progress and regain HP, but all enemies respawn.

I am hoping some new mechanics come into play because this is the same game, again and again, with a different skin.
Yeah, they follow a bit too closely the design, should innovate little at least.
But, i appreciate a soulslike that looks good, and runs smooth, with smooth responsive controls that you can rely on when you try do something.
-----------
Been having fun with re2r, started over trying not to deplete too soon the save ribbons on hardcore.
And re3r demo too.
These games have so smooth great natural feeling controls, aiming,

I almost got re village complete while on sale but decided to wait still, see if it gets lower priced on psn. Only 4$ more for complete ed.

It's a bigger game but seems a lot about shooting, less about prioritizing how you progress thru a big level.
Although it seems to have a bit of everything.

I got re3r for now on sale.

Last edited:
Sigh. Turns out I prefer the simplified climbing mechanics of most, if not all, 1st person adventure games. I uninstalled Jusant and my record with indies is still quite rotten. Hey you, triple AAA Dead Space remake, you are up.

As I suspected I would, I'm going about solving Obra Dinn with guesswork in the closing stages of the game - "that guy's too well-dressed to be a seaman, the other two midshipmen were younger but he's also not wearing a captain's mate's hat, he must be either the gunner or..."-type thing. I also abuse the fact that you need three correct guesses to progress by getting one or two that I know are right then guess one or two others that I have a limited number of options for until I get the "well done" screen, which is cheating.

Once or twice I have genuinely figured some out without any overt clues just by looking at who they're standing with in the provided sketches (the midshipmen, mates' stewards, the two brothers... There were some others) which makes me feel smug enough to know that I have done some good detectivising but it's too easy to cheat when you've crossed all but a couple of people in each group out!

Last edited:
Just got The Talos Principle 2 as it was £8 on Xbox Store (Turkey).

Bargain for a new game, with glowing reviews. My mental capacity is already being strained less than an hour in.

Back