What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Mostly Overwatch.

Well, no, that's a bit of an understatement. I play Overwatch exclusively. :lol: Granted, that doesn't say all that much - I can't devote that much time to playing video games at the Moment. Once I'm done with exams and assignments, I'd like to finish Doom. Doom is to single player games what Overwatch is to multiplayer games, for me: Simple enough, conceptually, but highly polished.

Haven't been into shooters that much in ages.

It's probably going to take a while for me to actually get the time to sit down for another Witcher 3 playthrough (that includes the DLCs :lol:).

Hoping to start actually playing NBA 2K16 (which I had to uninstall Broforce, Need For Speed & Just Cause 3 in order to play) today when it finally installs completely. Also been playing a bit of APB Reloaded on XB1, slowly levelling up both characters, and have also been playing quite a bit of Black Ops 3, just finished the campaign of it a few days ago and am loving the MP. After finding a good controller setup here on GTP I've also been playing a lot more PCARS.

Been playing a bit of FM6 and am impatiently waiting for the Ford GT LM to be gifted to me so I can recreate the Ford GT LM Spec II from Gran Turismo on it. Tried Goat Simulator on XB1 but that was funny for all of 5 minutes and will never play that again. Am also waiting for The Crew to be free on XBL next week and can't wait to revisit that.

I decided to give Win 10 games a try so I bought Killer Instinct Supreme Edition. I was fortunate enough to play and enjoy the two original Killer Instinct games back when they were popular, so finally having this game is an absolute nostalgia orgasm.

What can I say about this game? That this is a fine example of how developers should make video games. Grab everything that made the original so great, keep it intact, improve upon it without changing the essence of it. And add better graphics and more content too. BAM! Perfect game.

See, PD?

Saint Seiya: Soldiers Soul.

:D !!!!

YES!!! I think I will buy it again for PC. I don't use my PS4 anymore. And you better be playing with the original Mexican dub, because we all know that's the best one!

YES!!! I think I will buy it again for PC. I don't use my PS4 anymore. And you better be playing with the original Mexican dub, because we all know that's the best one!

Of course I'm playing it with the Mexican Spanish dub. It makes the game so intense!!!! :drool: Best game I've purchased in years 👍

So I've managed to finish the campaign for Watch_Dogs. What a bland, dreary story. I don't even know why I even tried to play through it. Guess I wanted to give it a chance, in spite of how disappointing it was when it launched and the controversy surrounding it. But this game is inherently bad, no matter which way you look at it. I can only imagine how Watch_Dogs 2 will turn out. And judging from the E3 footage, it looks to be the same exact experience. Something I'm really not looking forward to. But at least the Marcus character in the sequel looks to be much better than Aiden Pearce, whom is boring and lifeless. I understand that the story is about vengeance, but this guy just doesn't have any personality. Even after the ending he hasn't changed one bit. He got his answers sure, but he is still lifeless as always.

Called it quits on MGSV, moved back to playing The Witcher 3.

Also, started playing Read Only Memories. If you like point-and-click adventure games and/or aesthetic, you'll probably dig it:

Picked up Fallout 4, Uncharted 4 and Sleeping Dogs (all PS4) recently. Been playing loads of Uncharted and Fallout but have yet to play Sleeping Dog properly, mostly because I've done the entire story before. Also picked up GT6 but haven't played it yet.

Started playing Europa Universalis IV after buying it during the Steam Summer Sale at 75% off. Utterly brilliant game, that. Running it with all the DLC and the Extended Timeline Mod.

Staggeringly complex, though, and yet motivating. Really gonna take a bit of time to fully understand what to do and how to do it :lol: Got a friend of mine to get the game as well. We started off a short multiplayer session today, helping each other to get to grips with, well, everything. Definitely worth the 13 bucks I threw at it 👍

I guess I've gotten back to rFactor and GTR2. Namely, GTR2. I learned recently how to set up AI races. I would just like to put on a certain AI race just to say I did so and just to maybe one day set up a series.

BeamNG Drive: A little late to the party, but damn is it fun to destroy those cars. The scenarios are very entertaining too 👍
GTR2: After possessing the broken game discs for just about 9 years, I'm finally back in the action. Looks like F1 2013 is now tied in 2nd place with AC on my "most-enjoyably-fun-driving-with-a-wheel" game list :P
CoD4 (PC): Bought it just because of the Summer Sale :dopey: The custom/modded servers are very fun though.

Soon:
GTA San Andreas (PC): Bought it because of the Summer Sale (and mods of course). I'll eventually get to installing SA:MP as I've had a blast on it a few years ago.

Been playing The Crew a lot since it became free, but it's getting a little old thanks to the grindy nature (really, no big payoff for finishing the awful story?).

Bought inFamous 2 and Parasite Eve 2 off PSN this weekend. I liked the first inFamous, and my ex played the second for a bit years ago, so I've been curious to play it, and for $10 figured why not. PE2 was $3, and I've already got the first one, so added it to the collection even if I might not play it for a few years. :lol:

Started and finished the first Final Fantasy in a single day, then did the same with the first Legend of Zelda the following day.

Now I'm playing the oldest Megami Tensei game to get a stateside release (ignoring the first Shin Megami Tensei which was eventually localized, but is only on iOS)... That game is Revelations: The Demon Slayer for Gameboy Color, originally released in Japan as Last Bible for the original Gameboy in 1992.

I don't think I'll be getting through this one as fast as FF or TLoZ. Not because it's harder or anything, but because of how archaic and clunky it is... like a lot of GB/GBC JRPGs. And exacerbating the clunkiness of the game is the relative dearth of info available on it. But I am starting to warm up to it, especially after finally figuring out how to actually add captured monsters into my party. It's basically Dragon Quest meets SMT. Or in other words, it's basically Dragon Quest Monsters... only it was released 6 years sooner (though the stateside localization was released about half a year after DQM's).

PS4:

Rocket League
Table Top Racing: World Tour
TrackMania Turbo
Driveclub

XB1:

Forza Motorsport 6
Battlefield 4
Just Cause 3

XB360:

Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon

PS2:

Gran Turismo 3

PS1:

Gran Turismo 2

I finished The Order: 1886, and is yet another dull game. Basically gunning down everything that gets in your way. In all honesty Galahad is so similar to Aiden, they might as well be twins. And the QTEs... absolutely terrible implementation. I honestly don't mind QTEs but the way this game did it was atrocious. I mean, why exactly do I have to time a button press to kill someone from behind? From that end, that probably suggested stealth, but in actuality, there is no real stealth in this game. There are a few sections that require you to be stealthy (or else be shot in the head instantly), but it is the most rudimentary form of stealth I've ever seen. Plus, if you are in a part that doesn't require stealth, you can't even go into stealth mode. Yep, gotta gun down more people... Well, at least one gun in the game is a bit amusing to use...

But holy crap, those shotgun troops (or troops that all seem to wear tin cans as helmets)... they're worse than any enemy you'll face in Dark Souls. Right where you got down where they are, suddenly they're around the corner, and you get blasted to death. You can't even do anything once you enter bleed-out mode (in other words you fall into the ground once your HP is very low) so you have to wait until the prompt shows to drink "holy water", and this prompt takes ages to show. By the time you actually drink you're already put out of your misery.

The letterboxing as well... a pretty cheap way to make the game run (in fact, I believe the "cinematic framerate" meme originated from this exact implementation). Even though they had to for all of that eye-candy, in reality, all of those effects ruin the gameplay in a lot of ways. There were a number of gunfights I got so frustrated with because the DOF was too strong. At least in cutscenes, the effects give the game a lot of tone and amaze-factor.

Last bit I'm gonna address is the story. A bit interesting at first, but takes a huge nosedive after a certain point. And it doesn't pick up at all. At this point you're just following whatever's happening, and I don't understand half of it. Honestly I thought this was a horror/lovecraftian game (bit like Bloodborne). Not that at all. I was desperate to learn more about the world, especially the supernatural stuff like the lycans. None of that either. So many opportunities to flesh out the plot and the world...

Even though they had to for all of that eye-candy, in reality, all of those effects ruin the gameplay in a lot of ways. There were a number of gunfights I got so frustrated with because the DOF was too strong. At least in cutscenes, the effects give the game a lot of tone and amaze-factor.

DOF is kind of an annoying effect in games, since it's can't really be true-to-life... Your eyes aren't always looking at the center of the screen where your gun is pointed, and where your eyes are looking is what should be in focus.

One day when we've got VR headsets with eye tracking, we'll be in business... but until then DOF is just a gimmicky and annoying effect, like excessive bloom.

Europa Universalis IV has been draining my life completely :scared: Haven't played anything else since I got it. Played way more than I usually do, too. Even got two of my friends to play it - got them hooked as well.

That game is digital meth, basically.

Sat in front of my PC for well over 12 hours the other day. Lost track of time completely. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back