What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I kind of returned to PC Minecraft. The main reason why I returned was to try to work something out towards making Minecraft videos. Each time I tried, though, I keep getting these high encoding warnings and slow performance. Besides that, I started a new Minecraft world to try to take advantage of the newer features of the latest Minecraft.

Besides that, I am still playing GTR2, looking for the next sort of GTR2 mod to play around with and skin.

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD for the PC. In the Thunder Plains, doing the lightning dodge minigame before the Dark Aeons start showing up. Need to do 200 dodges in a row to get the top prize available...have managed 25.

I have been playing The House of the Dead series. Playing the arcade version of the first game on my PC using an emulator and 2 & 3 on the Wii. Haven't played the fourth game yet. Fortunately, it's available on PSN.

Picked up 4 old-ish games yesterday, 2 of which I hadn't played before.

Got Bayonetta and Saints Row 3 on PS3, and Bioshock Infinite and Fallout New Vegas on XB360 (for XB1 BC).

First time playing both Bayonetta and Bioshock Infinite and they are both amazing games.

About 4 hours into Bayonetta and its possibly the best fighting game (or whatever the exact genre this game is in) and makes me want to go play more of Platinum's stuff (might actually go pick up NIER Automata now because of it). The fighting is really great and has some really intense boss battles, and theres usually a bunch of mini bosses in each level before you fight a major boss at the end. Story is quite good so far as well. I also quite like how you get new weapons by picking up music discs and selling them. Already got a shotgun, a sword and some other weapon I've yet to try out.

Not played a whole lot of Bioshock (only about 30 minutes so far) but it looks pretty good for what I've played of it.

Both SR3 and Fallout NV I've played before and are just as good as I remember them being, but haven't played too much of them yet.

Last edited:
I recently gave War Thunder another shot having played it some time ago and not being all that impressed.
I feel i may have committed a grave error in doing so because now it seems to not only consume most of my spare time but my very being also. It's the only game i play and i've actually been having dreams about about it too.

I'm only playing one game right now : project cars

I used to play other games but I since became more of a racing gamer all my other games I stopped playing , besides , project cars is amazing IMO , took a while to get into but very good

I have been playing Autmobilista and MUGEN lately.

Automobilista strikes me as an upgraded rFactor 1. Even without a handful of licensed cars or legendary race tracks, this is still an extremely solid game to play. I became vastly entertained at the variety of Formula 1 type cars spanning different eras of F1 racing. I was even inclined to do the 1970s Interlagos circuit in a Formula Retro machine. It was actually very cool! I kind of felt like I was Niki Lauda or somebody racing that course.

Now to MUGEN. Watching SaltyBet on Twitch made me want to rediscover MUGEN. I have archives of characters and stages for MUGEN. And really, I have classic MUGEN, a hi-res MUGEN, and the MUGEN 1.1 beta. The latter is what I am working with in designing characters exclusively for the beta. I have never created a stage or a character. Though long ago, I planned on making my own characters for a fighting game project. I am even challenging myself to design MUGEN characters out of vector art. My vector art skills are severely limited, so I have been practicing lately using Inkscape. I seem more about making prototype characters before deciding to make my own original characters.

unknown.png

Flat-Out (2004).

speed2_2017-04-08_20-22-17-534.png

Need For Speed Underground 2 (2004).

upload_2017-4-14_16-36-23.png

And Gran Turismo 2 (1999), on an emulator of course.​

Going back and forth between MLB The Show 17 and Mass Effect Andromeda with some Crusader Kings II thrown in there to break it up.

Downloaded the Bioshock collection on PS4 for a fair price. Haven't played any of the 3 games yet.

Been getting back into Overwatch again on PS4. Still playing online on Forza Horizon 3 with very occasional jumps back to Forza Motorsport 6.

Almost 70 hours deep into Persona 5... It's so damn good. Zelda and Nier were great, but I think this'll be my personal GOTY.

I finished Arkham Asylum, making it my fifth platinum game (in almost as many months, since my first one was at the tail-end of December). I've since started up Arkham City, and have the majority of trophies in that too, though I'm not sure I'll actually platinum it. Still, a lot of fun.

I finally platinum'd GT6 on my main account, though I definitely resorted to the automatic method with some of my girlfriend's hair elastics. I stopped it at precisely the right amount... only to find out the in-game conversion is wrong, so manually ran the last 50 or so miles.

Currently playing the GT Sport beta, FH3, and Star Wars Battlefront. I tend to be pretty awful at the latter, and a good round is one where I can have a 1:1 kill/death ratio. I did manage one round where I killed 26 players and only died 9 times, but it's becoming increasingly clear that was a fluke.

Forza Horizon 3

Persona 5 (mainly)

MLB The Show 17 (Should probably download the Operation Sports Full Minors roster and get started on a franchise, trying to pick a team is hard)

I'm playing My Summer Car.

I've not played for a while, I was doing quite well but I died with perma death enabled. So I took a break for a couple of weeks and now I'm having another go. :sly:

Life is Strange, the part when Max meets the paralyzed Chloe in the alternate time almost brought up my tears :ouch::(

If you're wondering how Alt!Chloe got her terminal trauma, she is involved in an accident where the car that she drives got hit by a reckless SUV and then her car falls into a ditch

1360957271986229029.png

1360957271542190373.png

1360957271920060197.png

1360957272129849381.png

1360957272256136485.png
1360957272351687973.png
1360957272460937765.png
mf4i0ekqe9wksxq87spr.png

PC:

-Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster (finished)
-Resident Evil HD Remaster (finished)
-Resident Evil 4 HD Remaster (finished)
-Resident Evil 5 (currently playing it) I must mention how unexpectedly amazing the PC port looks.
-Resident Evil 6
-Resident Evil 7

Too bad RE2 and RE3 don't have PC ports :(

Last edited:
I have been playing Autmobilista and MUGEN lately.

Automobilista strikes me as an upgraded rFactor 1. Even without a handful of licensed cars or legendary race tracks, this is still an extremely solid game to play. I became vastly entertained at the variety of Formula 1 type cars spanning different eras of F1 racing. I was even inclined to do the 1970s Interlagos circuit in a Formula Retro machine. It was actually very cool! I kind of felt like I was Niki Lauda or somebody racing that course.

Now to MUGEN. Watching SaltyBet on Twitch made me want to rediscover MUGEN. I have archives of characters and stages for MUGEN. And really, I have classic MUGEN, a hi-res MUGEN, and the MUGEN 1.1 beta. The latter is what I am working with in designing characters exclusively for the beta. I have never created a stage or a character. Though long ago, I planned on making my own characters for a fighting game project. I am even challenging myself to design MUGEN characters out of vector art. My vector art skills are severely limited, so I have been practicing lately using Inkscape. I seem more about making prototype characters before deciding to make my own original characters.
I used to play MUGEN in high school. It was a fun and interesting Smash Bros clone.

I'm playing Risk quite a lot. It's nice with a game that has a well-defined beginning and end and that you can pause at any time.

The combination of skill and chance means that you can't be sure how the game will end, and that keeps it exciting.

Here's a picture from last night's game. Managed to conquer Europe, but it didn't go exactly to plan...

IMG_8489.JPG

PC:
I finished Arkham Aslyum (though I missed a really easy achievement at the end of the game :banghead:) and have now started Arkham City.

Picked up Resident Evil 6 last week (75% off on PS4) and have just finshed all 4 campaigns. It's better than I was expecting and has a pretty good storyline which only really makes perfect sense once all campaigns are complete (Especially Ada's).

One thing I didn't like was the driving sequences, which didn't feel like driving at all. Just seemed like gliding over whatever terrain I was on, and the only one that felt like it made sense with the handling model was the flying (VTOL Jet W/ Chris & Attack Heli W/ Ada), but the rest of the game made up for it IMO.

Also the ending to Ada's Campaign is probably my favorite moment in the entire game:

Still playing M.U.G.E.N. on my PC, still trying to make characters and stages. It's real interesting what you can create especially on the character front. There's real evidence of this if you watch YouTube videos or Twitch channels SaltyBet or Spriteclub.

Back