What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
The Last Guardian and FFXV were the games I planned to close the year out with, but after buying myself a 4K TV as an early Christmas present, I decided to replay Shadow of the Colossus before I gave my old TV to my parents and lost the ability to experience that game in 3D.

3D's generally not a must-have feature, and is often more of a hassle than it's worth... but I must say that it definitely does enhance SotC quite a bit. It's probably the closest thing to a killer app for 3D, TBH.

Now I'll be diving headlong into FFXV, and The Last Guardian will be saved until 2017.

38f0b66f-b51a-4128-8385-ee4d9f8b9666.png

Started playing Invisible Inc. on PS4 last night as part of this months free PS+ games and it is amazing. It's a great procedural generated turn-based stealth game with a great top down 3D perspective. The plot of the game is that all the world's biggest corporations have total control of the planet and are hunting you down. They attack your HQ right after the tutorial mission and you have 72 hours (this can be reduced down to 36 or put up to 120, or even play it endlessly) to gather as many resources as possible before attacking their central server. In each operation you control up to 2 agents and have 1 objective to complete before escaping the facility. Time goes by quite quickly so even with 72 hours you might not even have time to do 10 missions before you need to attack the central server, although it depends on how far away a mission is from your last as you can end up spending 12 hours just by travelling to a mission.

Every level is procedurally generated and you can greatly customize how they are generated before starting the campaign, you can choose how many rooms there are (8-20), how many guards, safes and terminals, severity of the alert system and much more. You can even customize how much cash you start with (up to 10000) and the multiplier by which you earn it.

Gameplay has a huge emphasis on stealth as 1 bullet knocks you down and everything is turn based. If one of your agents is down they have to be dragged to the teleporter before you leave or they go into MIA status where they can't be recovered. The different missions give different rewards, so sneaking into a prison facility can get you a new agent to choose from while vaults give you heaps of cash, executive terminals give you new consumables and a few more I haven't tried out yet. Vaults I'd say are the second hardest as you need a special key card to get into them but there's another that requires you to knock out an executive and stay with them while HQ hacks their neural interface (I think that's what it's called) to get information, which requires you to stay in 1 room for 5 turns while guards approach.

You also don't have a gun initially so you have to start by getting up close to guards to stun them but you can get one by sneaking into a weapons facility if one pops up, which also requires you to plan your tactics around moving around guards, observing their patrol patterns and choosing when and where to stun them. Stuns only last for 3 turns, although Banks (one of the agents) has a syringe that can keep them down for another 3. Staying on the same tile as a downed enemy also keeps them pinned so they can't recover until you move.

And once you get near the end of a level things can get really tense as the guards close in on you and you're desperately trying to get to the teleporter as soon as possible without running into enemy guards, which is made even trickier as there's a fog of war type effect where you can only see where your agents can see, or where any security cameras you've hacked are looking.

Overall, a really fun stealth game with brilliantly generated levels, tense moments, smart-ish AI and incredible gameplay mechanics. 8/10

I also picked up METRO REDUX on XB1 today which I look forward to start playing later today, and will probably write a small review about it by Christmas.

Beat Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 just recently, I wanted to start another career and use cheats, hacks and all that good stuff. However, I need to hack my save game first via pc and unfortunately my computer is out of commission for the time being and I'll have to wait until it's fixed.

Until then, I am taking a stroll down memory lane:
NFSUNC_ps2_PFTfront.jpg

I am not ashamed to say I love this game. Lately, I have had recurring tendencies to go back to this game again and have some fun. Should keep me busy until my computer is fixed.

PS4:

Rock Band 4 (drums)
Rise of The Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
FIFA 17
Project CARS

PC:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
Rollercoaster Tycoon World

Dishonored 2 and Darksiders II, both PC. Just finished Darksiders I so moving on to the next one. Surprisingly nice hack-and-slash too with some godly audio and voice acting.

I just finished The Swapper. That was a surprisingly good little puzzle platformer. I found myself quite engrossed in it. The premise is pretty interesting as well.

Learning to not suck at Crusader Kings II. Played as the King of Poland in 1066. Lost both Silesias (to the Holy Roman Empire) and whatever territory is to the west of Krakow (to Hungary).

Wasn't too much of a loss. Had my first wife assassinated for no discernable reason besides wanting to (got away with it scot-free) after she gave me a male heir. Second wife died in childbirth. Seduced my first wife's mother and the wife of the ruler of one of the territories I lost. Got syphilis off her, lost a hand after my first physician botched an experimental treatment, he got tarred and feathered.

Bloodborne. Just bought the Old Hunters DLC. I just love this game! Never have I walked through just a completely realised game- world.

I kind of have been playing NASCAR Racing 2003 Season again, but only to try to learn how to make a video. My inspiration is from stuff on here like the GTPlanet Fantasy Series, the Samsung SuperSpeedway Series, VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series, and series like that. I also got back into the game think about developing skins for cars. After making my first-ever GTR2 video earlier in 2016, I look to try to make something cool for NR2003. All I am trying to figure out is how to actually set up such AI races in NR2003. It isn't as simple as it is in GTR2 or rFactor.

Got Watch Dogs 2
Now F1 2016 and Stardew Valley.
So one way or another I will be playing something

Holy hell, Stardew Valley. Started playing, 10 hours later it's some wee hour of the morning and I'm still going. It's like 8bit crack.

Brb, gotta harvest my corns. :crazy:

Learning to not suck at Crusader Kings II. Played as the King of Poland in 1066. Lost both Silesias (to the Holy Roman Empire) and whatever territory is to the west of Krakow (to Hungary).

Wasn't too much of a loss. Had my first wife assassinated for no discernable reason besides wanting to (got away with it scot-free) after she gave me a male heir. Second wife died in childbirth. Seduced my first wife's mother and the wife of the ruler of one of the territories I lost. Got syphilis off her, lost a hand after my first physician botched an experimental treatment, he got tarred and feathered.

Still learning CK II, getting better.

Redid my Poland save. This go-around, King Boleslaw II died of stress, one would assume after helping his second wife become Queen of Hungary, a war which lasted four years and having to fight two other rebellions at the same time. Played as his son from that marriage, Zelibrat. Through a series of highly unethical moves
involving having his mother and brother assassinated
, he ended up becoming Emperor Zelibrat of Carpathia. Did NOT end well. Wanted to win off some pagan lands, LOLnope got stomped by most every tribe in the area banding together.

Went into a lot of debt, just clawed my way out of it, some punk wants my King of Hungary title. He can have it. Have HIM assassinated literally just to prove a point. His successor wants to become independent. Should've fought him on it, didn't. He leaves the empire, I try to reclaim it. Punk stomps me into the dirt. Deleted the save, needing to remember to play the long-term game like I was before everything went to poo.

Plan? Marry off most of his six daughters he had to various other powers (IIRC, Holy Roman Empire/England/Denmark/Sweden) The daughter I married off to the HRE (my first legitimate child but that's a story for another time ;)), turns out she was an imbecile statwise. Whatever, got the defensive pact I wanted.

PS4:
Tropico 5
WATCH_DOGS 2
Assetto Corsa
Battlefield 4

XB1:
Forza Horizon 3
Red Dead Redemption
Burnout Paradise

PS3:
Burnout Paradise
Driver San Francisco
Gran Turismo 6

PC:
Automation
GTR2
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Need For Speed Undercover

Current CK II story:

December 23rd, 1113. (Originally December 6th, but inadvertently moved forward while compiling this)

Playing as King Kazimierz II, brother of King Boleslaw III and son of King Boleslaw II, who was my starting character.

Boleslaw II was a reasonably great King, conquering about half of the Kingdom of Pomerania (including what is now the city of Gdansk). Yeah, he was disfigured, but still a good guy. He died in combat conquering more of Pomerania in 1103. Won that war even after his death.

All his son wanted was to have his armies stand down for a while to regroup...then all of a sudden I'm fighting four wars at once. Somehow managed to negotiate my way to a white peace with them all...and then some pagans to the north want to give me trouble by trying to claim Plock...and my own cousin the King of Bohemia wants Opole. To sum up Boleslaw III's reign, it was never ending never ceasing constant war. Maybe three or four months total peace. HE dies relatively quickly after their own sister Eufemia (who in this time became Queen of Danmark) had him assassinated.

Still fighting those wars his brother got dragged into. Couldn't really fight back, considering I was barely making enough gold to break even, so surrendered both wars. Plus side, Bohemia is now independent from the Holy Roman Empire and am planning to eliminate him from the face of the Earth as soon as Kazimierz becomes of age (so in a few years).

Current threats include changing succession laws, the usual increase in council power (which they aren't getting if I can help it they already have enough power as is), and yet another cousin wanting my throne. Council power is the biggest of those, so will attend to that when I can.

Finally got to play Doom! Bought on release, but it's been sitting in my backlog.

This has got to be the most old school modern game ever. The graphics, oh my God! And that soundtrack!!!

Finally got to play Doom! Bought on release, but it's been sitting in my backlog.

This has got to be the most old school modern game ever. The graphics, oh my God! And that soundtrack!!!

I would play it more (via PC) but having it installed on my 7200RPM HDD, it takes ages to load as it boots up.. Interestingly the same thing happens with RAGE (installed on the same HDD)

Crusader Kings II, playing in Ireland aka Noob Island.

While I was busy trying to get enough land together to create the Kingdom of Ireland, this happened, which kinda complicates my long-term gameplan a little (for the record, my territory was named Mumu):
2cyoeh1.jpg

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!

150449-Dance_Dance_Revolution_Extreme_(USA)-2.png

Really enjoying it so far... need someone to teach me how to play songs on Heavy though...

It was almost one year ago I bought GTR2 on Amazon. Now, I'm back to playing it again trying to draw enough inspiration to make skins again... and possibly do another video. Seeing one Twitch streamer has inspired me a bit to come up with some fan fiction series. Everything is all consideration at this point.

Crusader Kings II, playing in Ireland aka Noob Island.

While I was busy trying to get enough land together to create the Kingdom of Ireland, this happened, which kinda complicates my long-term gameplan a little (for the record, my territory was named Mumu):
2cyoeh1.jpg
I'm playing Age of Empires II, the Conquerer's Expansion for Mac. Currently playing the Huns allied with the Chinese versus 5 Mayans on a giant Mediterranean map.

Back