What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Been playing Crash Bandicoot Warped. Beat the basic part of the game, now I am just trying to get the gems. I have to say the visuals in this game were FAR beyond my expectations, this game looks fabulous! Can't imagine how the N'Sane Trilogy looks. :drool:

My reason for playing it and the others is in preparation for it actually.

Been going back through the GT's as I usually do, most recently I "golded" all of GT4's Licences (which was laborious to say the least), and generally did a bit of my career mode, as it's the one GT I've progressed the least through, (with the exception of 1 having never officially owned it), and the only GT with less than 20% completed...

Now my attention has turned to GT3, and I intend to gold the Licences there too, which should be interesting as I haven't touched the Licences of my current save in about 10 years :eek:. I just have GT's 1-3 to gold the Licences on (did gold B on GT2, which wasn't easy per say), and it'll be tough but in a nice challenging way. Otherwise, will probably do more of GT3's carrer, as it's nearly all done, then I'll switch to GT2 and continue a current campaign I have there.

Otherwise I must get my own copy of GT1 so that I can finally start my own play-through myself after all these years :D.

I went back to playing GT6 for a bit, just doing hot laps around my favorite tracks and doing a couple of seasonal events. I also thought that I should contribute to the IGCD website as they were missing quite a few cars in their GT6 listing. I also have been playing the original Forza Motorsport and FM2; Forza 1's AI is a bit annoying on some tracks. Whenever I raced on Fujimi Kaido in career mode, they would always brake at one of the earlier turns that I can get by easily going flat out. I ended up getting in rear end collisions due to that. I still like the menu songs though and it's the only Forza title that has a non-22B GC8 Impreza. I mean, I like the 22B, but I prefer driving the lesser Imprezas every so often.

Skyrim and Fallout 4 still lol i love bethesda and have skyrim on every console lol, also Forza horizon 3, F1 2017, and older f1 titles, forza 6, Destiny here and there, sometimes Gt6 still and driveclub as well, oh and Project Cars 1 :)

After dusting off my Google Nexus Player, I was playing Real Racing 3 and GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience. Real Racing 3 is a very good mobile-type game, but my game is kind of buggy. I also haven't been able to connect on Facebook or Google to access certain features while playing. Maybe I should try and re-install Real Racing 3. Either that, or I am considering deleting Real Racing 3 from my Nexus Player. I may also get rid of Real Racing 3 mostly to save space on the Nexus Player's 8GB internal storage (5GB can be used). The game looks and plays great on the Nexus Player.

"GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience" is a very good game. However, I've had a little bit of glitch trouble upgrading cars sometimes. It's like the game will kind of not allow you to point the cursor to quickly upgrade cars. The game's currency system is also on the wonky side. The main currency system is Coins, but you can also use some Dollars to buy certain things. Most of the Dollars you use are good for speeding up the upgrade process of certain cars or for repainting cars. Some cars, like the BMW 1-Series, can only be bought with Dollars. The game plays very well on the Nexus Player. Even for an Android game, it looks impressive. Not Gran Turismo 6 or Project C.A.R.S. beautiful, but still an impressive looking game. "GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience" is a great game for what it is.

For you mobile racing game fans, I'd recommend both games mentioned here. One last bit of clarification... the Nexus Player is the device that looks like a hockey puck device made by ASUS. So it isn't any of the smartphone Nexus devices. But again- both games look and play well on the device. I just wanted to clarify on the device so that nobody confuses this device with the Nexus smartphones.

Star Wars: Battlefront (still),
Uncharted collection on PS4,
F1 2017 (career),
& MotoGP '17 (career)

Little Forza 6 and PCars sprinkled in as well.

I still have been playing "Real Racing 3." This game as SO much to it that you'll be playing this game for a number of months trying to unlock everything. I am playing RR3 on Android TV. The only problems I've had have mostly been performance-related. The game has hung on me at times and slown up along with sometimes ruining my controls to where I have to close the app or wait for it to respond. One time, I even was winning at race by almost a mile and was on my way to complete the race... until the game hung on me on the final lap to where I had to run the race all over again. NO BUENO. 👎 So while I still like playing RR3, it would be MUCH better if there weren't so many bugs with RR3. There were more bugs at times with this game than when I played "SHIFT 2 Unleashed" on my PS3. One other thing to note... you may want to invest in some external storage playing this game. Either external storage or getting rid of unnecessary apps.

"GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience," however, performs nicely and hasn't really crashed on me. My only complaints are mostly with the sometimes overaggressive AI and twitchy driving. One big difference in playing this game better was to tone down the sensitivity. By default, it is at 50% sensitivity. I then experimented with toning it down to 25% sensitivity and had better driving. Now, I run at 20% sensitivity, and I can take tighter turns. This especially helps in low-speed cornering.

These are two games I am enjoying playing on Android TV.

Back on Rainbow Six Siege on PC with a friend... Having a great time with the new maps and operators.

Mostly Terrorist Hunt in different modes against the AI at the moment as the multiplayer section is filled with high skilled players. And we are only playing for fun.

Also playing alot of Forza 2 and 3 lately, and will soon begin on the 4th... Again.

The last two free games on PS Plus, Just Cause 3 and inFAMOUS Second Son, plus Everybody's Golf.

Just Cause 3 runs like ****, shame too because it's a fun and breezy game. Quite like Second Son, though it's combat is quite antiquated when you compare it to its mostly Japanese competition in the two or three years since its release. And I quite like Everybody's Golf, though it doesn't take much for me to enjoy a Hot Shots game.

I am currently playing Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4. I ended up playing it with my cousin recently for the first time since 2015 and I have had an itch to get back to it lately, especially since I have the season pass now. Truthfully I didn't want to play this game until later on since I mainly was looking forward to playing the original Star Wars Battlefront II on my PS2. However the thought of playing the reboot has been lingering in my mind lately and I can't really enjoy other games knowing I want to play this one.

I doubt I will be on this game very long though because it's not really doing much for me right now and I doubt the DLC will keep me playing for long. After revisiting Lego Star Wars II yesterday, it's given me a lot of nostalgia for that game and by extension the original Battlefront II since I played it a lot around the same time I played Lego Star Wars II 10 years ago. Decisions, decisions, sometimes it's not easy to pick what game I want to play. :indiff:

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami within a week of it's release. Pretty much on a Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotaku binge right now. Going backwards and playing Yakuza 3.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Stop playing about a week after it came out. Just started playing it again a couple days ago.

"GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience" can be a very decent and fun game... until you race the rear-wheel drive cars. As I was tinkering with the driver settings, I tried turning the Sensitivity to 100%. GREAT decision. What ends up happening is that RWD cars can now take tighter turns and won't snap on you first chance it gets. I haven't tested the settings outside of Steering Assists, but now I am more confident racing RWD cars in this game. That's my little update playing this game.

Oh, and in a recent Star Collector challenge, I finished 29th among the world. Ended up getting a free Instant Upgrade. You still basically need to buy as much Cash in the game as possible especially to get the cars that can only be bought with Cash.

EDIT: OOPS! I forgot I already posted about this. But yeah. I'm still currently playing. trying out a few more mods.

ScreenShot34.png

This lighting mod really makes everything stand out. If something is not lit, it is basically pitch black. Everything is illuminated by light sources.
ScreenShot63.png

Crown versions for helmets. Perfect for beast races or if you just want to show off your glorious hair. Sword is also part of a mod pack, as well as the Bandoliers, pouches, scarf and other clothing items.
ScreenShot92.png

And my favorite mod. A son that kicks butt. he ain't afraid of anything and can go head to head with a Draugr Death Overlord.
ScreenShot89.png

Forza Motorsport 3 - There's no way I'm going to finish this before FM7 comes so I'm just taking my time with it.

Attack on Titan - I like this series in general and I needed a non-racing game to play so I don't get burnt out.

Final Fantasy X HD (PC)
Storyline progress: The Lady Yunalesca fight's coming right up, oh boy.
Sidequests: 25/26 Al Bhed Primers, 10/10 Jecht Spheres, every aeon but Anima and the Magus Sisters, fairly far along in the Celestial Weapons acquiring, Monster Arena is going well (10 of everyone from the Calm Lands/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth/Mt. Gagazet), no progress in blitzball because blitzball SUCKS in this game.

Playing Life is Strange on pc. Didn't think that I would like it that much at first but after playing through the first episode I went ahead and bought all the episodes.

I have still been playing "GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience" and "Real Racing 3." However, there is a twist to the former. I had amassed so much progress in GT Racing 2. Now... most of my progress is gone. I've gone from a Level 20-something driver in that game- down to Level 8 or so. Big reason why was because I actually cared to log into my Google and Facebook credentials playing the game. My last save with that was with me at a very low level. Many of the cars and upgrades since that lone save I had are now gone. That even includes frustrating races will have to be run again. Freaking yay...

There is an interesting twist to share about my GT Racing 2 experience, though. I found this game can be played on my PC, and I can even use my XBOX 360 controller for it! I am now deciding whether I should maintain my copy of the game on my Nexus Player, or delete the game on my Nexus Player and play this game exclusively play on my PC. Considering the Nexus Player is wonky with memory (unless you have a certain USB OTG cable), you have to deal with its 8GB of internal memory with 5.1 or so to use. One reason why I got rid of "Ashpalt 8 Airborne" was because I didn't have a whole lot of space on my Nexus Player to keep it on. So I got rid of it and saved a few gigabytes of space. I am probably hoping cloud saving will help me to get through the game better on my PC should I get rid of the one on my Nexus Player.

Nothing really new with "Real Racing 3" except that I'm trying to keep unlocking more series and cars. If you ever decide to get RR3, to unlock and win everything, you're going to play for a LONG time. I think I read I was at about... 160 completed events out of over 7K total events. Maybe the most massive racing/driving game in history with so much to try to complete!

Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS.

I bought a 3DS just to play Super Metroid a while back again and was happy to hear about another Metroid coming out. And let me tell ya, as a huge Metroid fan (whose never actually finished the original Metroid II) Samus Returns is a damn near perfect game. I was skeptical at first about the style with the 3D look but still a side-scroller, but it works very well.

The graphics are some of the best I've seen on the handheld and the atmosphere is right up there with Metroid Prime. The attention to detail blows me away. With headphones you can hear faint sounds of waterfalls in the background and wildlife as you walk past them. And if you look closely you can see things happen in the background like large animals moving around or machinery. The controls are fluid and Samus' movements are well animated. It's a ton of fun and not nearly as clunky as I thought it was going to be.

It's quickly become one of my favorite handheld games ever. Classic silent Samus in an alien environment, eerie music, item collecting and boss fights. Love it.

Final Fantasy X HD (PC)
Storyline progress: The Lady Yunalesca fight's coming right up, oh boy.
Sidequests: 25/26 Al Bhed Primers, 10/10 Jecht Spheres, every aeon but Anima and the Magus Sisters, fairly far along in the Celestial Weapons acquiring, Monster Arena is going well (10 of everyone from the Calm Lands/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth/Mt. Gagazet), no progress in blitzball because blitzball SUCKS in this game.

UPDATE:

Storyline: I CAN HAS AIRSHIP NOW.
  • 10 of every monster from Besaid, Kilika, Mi'ihen Highroad, Calm Lands, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, Mt. Gagazet captured.
  • Speaking of the Monster Arena, I can defeat one of the creations available (Chimerageist). Then again, it's the weakest one available
  • Celestial Weapons for Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu acquired. Auron's can be completed once I get the Mars Sigil, which again involves the Monster Arena
  • All aeons in the game acquired
  • No progress on blitzball, stalling on it for a while. There's a glitch I'm banking on exploiting long enough to get every reward I need from it. (Hiding behind my goalie after getting ahead in score)
  • Dark Aeons......ahahahahahaha I'm nowhere near strong enough to fight them yet.

God...what aren't I playing?

- Destiny 2
- inFAMOUS: Second Son
- Everybody's Golf
- Just Cause 3 (though this is on the backburner because the game runs like hot ass, I'm not surprised because it has been persistent since launch, and I don't have the time to power through it)
- Nier: Automata

That doesn't include my pre-order for Project CARS 2 that I'll pick up on Friday, and Def Jam: Fight for NY that should come in by the middle of next week. And whatever I'm playing on my PS2 (which recently has been NFS Underground 2, still need to beat that game but is is a complete slog to get through, and SSX On Tour)

For once, I'm not giving a CK II update. Not really doing serious playthroughs with it until the Jade Dragon expansion drops and it's accompanying patch.

I LIIIED.

Playing again after a fairly lengthy break. Same start (769 Wessex) as previous save, year is 835 and I'm all but assured England one way or another by the time my great-grandson comes to power. (3 counties/3 wars away from creating it OR keep my grandson alive/press his betrothed's claim on the whole duchy and let their baby take both over/one war)

Leaning towards the three war solution.

Just downloaded fortnite battle royal. Gonna give that a go. Haven't played any of the other games in the genre yet, and this one is free to play. If I end up enjoying it I may spring for PUBG. I've also been playing Absolute Drift. I definitely recommend this game. It is a really good time killer. The free mode goes quick, but there is enough events and challenges to keep the game relevant. The end teases at either an upcoming rally mode or maybe really version of the game. I really hope that's what it was anyway.
Elite Dangerous just dropped a big update as well. I'll probably be dusting the VR headset off and get back into that also.

I've been playing Borderlands 2 a lot recently and I'm also getting into playing Battle Royale on Fortnite.

Back