What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,812 comments
I LIIIED.

Playing again after a fairly lengthy break. Same start (769 Wessex) as previous save, year is 835 and I'm all but assured England one way or another by the time my great-grandson comes to power. (3 counties/3 wars away from creating it OR keep my grandson alive/press his betrothed's claim on the whole duchy and let their baby take both over/one war)

Leaning towards the three war solution.

Update: Ragedeleting saves strikes again.

Same start, 769, Petty King (Duke) of Wessex. Cynewulf dies in battle three days into the year 786, leaving his 12 year old son Ealdwine to take over. He gets married to a claimant to the Petty Kingdom of Mercia and presses her claim. War's going great (also technically was helping the guy I was fighting as someone else was pressing a claim THEY had when I decided to declare war) until she dies of typhoid fever, ending the war. Undeterred in his quest to become the first King of England as painlessly as possible, he betrothes himself to his wife's daughter from her marriage to the King of Pictland (modern-day Scotland).

Their son Stigand will, barring any unfortunate turn of events, become the first King of England one day in the future.

Last edited:
I am still playing "Real Racing 3." There is a recent event where you can win a Ford Falcon V8 Supercar if you clear all the challenges. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE Australian V8 Supercars. However, the ones in RR3 don't sound as good as the real V8 Supercars. I surely would need to strengthen the brakes and suspensions if I did get a V8 Supercar in RR3. Other than that, the latest car I maxed out in the game is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. That's good because one of the Exclusive Series includes the Gallardo. The cars that have Exclusive Series are the ones you want to upgrade the most since you can do more with those cars than most others in most other series. Recently in this game, I unlocked the Elite class events. Most of these races feature race cars and some fine supercars. All that remains for me to unlock among the groups is the Legends group at Level 50.

I kind of went back to "Speed Dreams" also. This game is tough to mod for! I learned you mostly need to model the terrain followed by using the game's proprietary track editor. It is possible to design your own track geometry and then build the actual track around it. However, that is tedious work. I basically have discussed "Speed Dreams" as trying to find a rather lightweight program to use to test out designing tracks. "Speed Dreams" is the successor to "TORCS" (The Open Racing Car Simulator).

I would say I also have played "Racer" again, but I could never correct the graphics issues to fully enjoy using Racer. Racer (as in Dolphinity Racer) is a very old simulation racing game. I may mostly use it just to test out vehicles or locations I do 3D modeling for.

Playing Parasite Eve, a game I should've beaten a long time ago... and one of the first games to officially enter The Backlog™

Not for lack of will to finish... I borrowed the game from a friend, but the disc was scratched and would freeze during the cutscene after the alligator boss.

Mostly playing through Forza Motorsport 7, currently blasting through the Drivers Cup with some Free play Endurances in between. Really great game that almost feels like a spiritual successor to Gran Turismo 4.

Will probably start playing some Destiny 2 this weekend since I got that free with my new XBOX ONE S.

I downloaded MGSV on my PS4 as part of PS+ but it'll probably be a while before I get to playing that.

I admit I have mostly been playing Assoluto Racing the past few days trying to gauge its performance and even do a review of it in my racing/driving game blog. It would be better using a gamepad (since I am not really a mobile gamer), but the handling and performance are nothing to scoff at. So definitely pick this one up for your mobile device if you're able to play it.

I had to reinstall "Real Racing 3." So now, a lot of my progress has been taken down since my last Cloud Save. Mad as hell about this because I had so much progress going. Now I am REALLY going to consider getting the Mi Box or something to play games like this on. I have gone from a recent Level 41... back down to about Level 14 driver. I thought the profile would auto save my progress and add to the Cloud Save if need be. Nope. Haven't updated my Cloud Save in a month. And now... I have a lot of work to do. AGAIN. If only did damned game didn't crash on me going super slow, this wouldn't have happened. Most of the accomplishments have mostly stood. Most of them, anyways.

Actually... I don't even know if I want to keep with "Real Racing 3" or get rid of "GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience" just for more space. I'll figure something out...

Continued my Mafia 3 playthrough after a pause of about 6 months, also started to pick up Fallout 4 again both on PC.

Even though Mafia 3 is a bit buggy and glitchy at times, but the overall gameplay and atmosphere the game offers makes it very enjoyable imho.
And on to the other buggy and glitchy game, bought the Fallout 4 DLC's during a sale a few months ago and only checked them out briefly and decided yesterday that I'll continue that playthrough as well.

On my Google Nexus Player, I bought Horizon Chase today. If you played any of the first Top Gear/Racer games or the Lotus games (such as Lotus Turbo Challenge), this game will be VERY familiar to you. This game is basically a 21st Century refresh of Top Gear/Racer. This refresh is met with beautiful vector-type graphics and wonderfully-designed cars. It is colorful and almost like the old 16-bit days of racing. It has been highly-acclaimed by a number of reviewers and rightfully so. The game even features music composed by Barry Leitch, whom I consider one of the all-time greats in composing game music. It's very cool so far. If you don't buy it, all you'll get is one car and just the San Francisco leg of the California races. I recommend this game to any classic racing gamer.

[UPDATE] Leitch, not Leitich.

Last edited:
Take a wild guess.

Give up? Crusader Kings 2, working on the tone I'll take for an AAR (after-action report, basically writing up about your game as you play)

Had my current run going great. All I had to do was die before my eldest son, then he'd have enough land to proclaim himself King of England. Did not end well, he died of suspicious circumstances, leaving his adult son to rule Mercia and a three year old kinsman of mine to rule Wessex.

My exact reaction upon this turn of events and seeing nearly half a century of in-game waiting go down the tubes and having to start the process over again=
xYnqas5.jpg

I've been 'playing' (if that's the right term for a visual novel, I don't think it is but I'm not about to argue semantics) Analogue: A Hate Story. I don't play many VN's mainly because I think a lot of them simply don't have really good hooks, or they kind of fall into the trap of basically becoming harem simulators, both straight and same sex a lot of the time. But this one got me after a friend recommended it.

The hook I find is really good: essentially, a space colony ship sets off and finds itself lost for hundreds of years, and as a private investigator for a historical society, you find out that the ship is still manned by a female AI. Said AI reveals that while the colony had good intentions, it eventually devolved into a massively patriarchal re-run of Joseon-era Korea. It's your job to find out what happened to the people that were on there, and unwrangle the mystery.

The writing for the two main character AI's are really good, there's a sort of honesty in the dialogue, and it's really fun to piece together what happened little by little. If you like VN's I recommend grabbing it for 12 bucks off Steam.

I started playing the vehicle physics simulator "Rigs of Rods." It is one of the most popular physics simulators besides BeamNG.Drive. One of my issues playing this game is in trying to get the game to properly steer the vehicles I'm using. I am using my keyboard since I haven't set up the game to run with my gamepad. Either the vehicles pretend to understeer like mad, or go out too far to where it's too easy to spin out. I found the 1980 Toyota 4x4 to be the easiest to drive so far. It was pretty fun using it on the Bajarama course. Using that F1 course, I originally used a van before going with the "trucks" Dodge Viper and the old Chevrolet Camaro. I had to see a video to learn certain things, such as how to load a vehicle without needing to go into some door. Pretty good so far.

Finally wrapped up Zero Time Dilemma, pretty good but not as good as Virtue’s Last Reward. One of the easiest platinum trophies I’ve ever gotten though, you basically get it by beating the game.

Now I’m moving onto Suikoden, with a bit of GTS & PCars2 on the side.

I have been playing Assoluto Racing a lot more. I am enjoying the game more now that I found a better control scheme. It is much better for me to use touchscreen controls rather than tilt my tablet left and right to steer. And needless to say, the game now feels as controllable as racing in Gran Turismo. It runs fairly well with little or no hitch on my 8-inch Galaxy Tab A. So you mobile gamers go pick this game up if you want some mobile racing.

Sky Force Anniversary is my new favourite. Currently free with Plus on PS4. Loads of old school, but accessible shoot em up fun.

Sky Force Anniversary is my new favourite. Currently free with Plus on PS4. Loads of old school, but accessible shoot em up fun.
I just downloaded that! I'll check it out when I'm not overloading myself on GT Sport.

I have liittle time to actually play anything, but when I do I normally waste time with Cities: Skylines. I also play some CS:GO with my mates or just some Rocket League to chill. When I have more time I'll be putting some hours on Assetto Corsa.

As for my PS4, I'm finishing Just Cause 3 and move on to MGS V - Phantom Pain. Also to relax and do some fun co-op, you'll find me palying Broforce

Currently playing CoD: World War II. Feels so different from previous Call of Dutys, but its a fun change of pace!
Couldn't agree any more! Fantastic game, but the ending sequence made me pause and think about it.

Couldn't agree any more! Fantastic game, but the ending sequence made me pause and think about it.
Haven't played Campaign yet, been trying out MP and Zombies while my brother has been online. Looking forward to the campaign though, sometimes I just like a single-player experience that only takes 10 hours to complete.

I was coming here exactly to talk about this game. I've only played it twice, but I'm totally hooked!

Back