What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Just the ocassional marathon on Tetris Ultimate at the momennt. Not even put a lap in a racing game for weeks.

UPDATE:

Storyline: I CAN HAS AIRSHIP NOW.
  • 10 of every monster from Besaid, Kilika, Mi'ihen Highroad, Calm Lands, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, Mt. Gagazet captured.
  • Speaking of the Monster Arena, I can defeat one of the creations available (Chimerageist). Then again, it's the weakest one available
  • Celestial Weapons for Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu acquired. Auron's can be completed once I get the Mars Sigil, which again involves the Monster Arena
  • All aeons in the game acquired
  • No progress on blitzball, stalling on it for a while. There's a glitch I'm banking on exploiting long enough to get every reward I need from it. (Hiding behind my goalie after getting ahead in score)
  • Dark Aeons......ahahahahahaha I'm nowhere near strong enough to fight them yet.

Update:
  • Story can technically be wrapped up any time now, doing end-game sidequests.
  • 10 of every capturable monster in the game captured, now to work on defeating the creations the Monster Arena offers
  • All Al Bhed Primers collected.
  • Celestial Weapons for Tidus, Yuna, Lulu, Auron, and Kimarhi unlocked.
  • AHAHA I don't like playing blitzball.
  • Dark Valefor is feasible for me to beat in my current state. Have to have Auron and Yuna in the party, Yuna has to use the Magus Sisters and Anima's overdrives to even dent Valefor's health enough for him to show damage.

Update:
  • Story can technically be wrapped up any time now, doing end-game sidequests.
  • 10 of every capturable monster in the game captured, now to work on defeating the creations the Monster Arena offers
  • All Al Bhed Primers collected.
  • Celestial Weapons for Tidus, Yuna, Lulu, Auron, and Kimarhi unlocked.
  • AHAHA I don't like playing blitzball.
  • Dark Valefor is feasible for me to beat in my current state. Have to have Auron and Yuna in the party, Yuna has to use the Magus Sisters and Anima's overdrives to even dent Valefor's health enough for him to show damage.

What game?

Not sure if you'd call it a game, but I started playing Second Life. The highly popular virtual world game is what I am kind of learning the ropes for. I am kind of hoping to maybe make downloadable material for it. So therefore, I started playing around a good bit trying to study what I can actually do. This is quite a unique experience.

Playing GT Sport on the PS4.

Also got back into Black Ops 1 on PC recently, and still its the last good Call of Duty. Rainbow Six Siege also gets some love from time to time.

In no particular order:

- The Witcher III
- Rocket League
- Sky Force Anniversary
- GT Sport
- Assorted PlayStation VR stuff (free games, demos, apps, videos, etc.). I still have many, many things to try out.

MxA0AV3.jpg

In the timeline of this CK 2 save, I'm currently playing as Beorhtgifu, the Queen of England. Her father created the title after inheriting the Duchy of Mercia and saving a small trove of money. Wasn't exactly planning on her ruling, but daddy died in battle while claiming some of the Duke of Essex's lands.

Current goal is to finish uniting England, then sweep west through Wales and Ireland, create the Empire of Britannia, and finally deal with Pictland.

Keeping an eye on the situation across the English Channel, the Umayyads are a lot closer to my lands than I'd like them to be and I'm not yet ready to deal with them.

Succession is hairier than I'd like, it goes from me to my younger sister to my grandfather, which would (depending on if I've got any more landed members of my dynasty) mean a game over.

(EDIT: Just remembered this is the earliest I've formed England. Game started January 1st 769, England was formed July 7th, 829)

Lot's of Forza 7.

Started Dying Light again despite my huge backlog of unplayed and unfinished games. Who would think a completely unknown game found on a Steam sale about a year ago would end up being one of my favorite games of all time. Almost 120 hours into it.

Pulled the trigger on Star Wars Battlefront II. Despite of all the controversy, they game is absolutely gorgeous. You can't hate on Star Wars. It's such a shame... If this game was released 20 years ago, I'm sure it would've been even better.

zjiDdNb.jpg

Current status of my latest attempt at the Seven Centuries achievement in CK 2. Two counties and some gold away from forming the Empire of Britannia.

Barring a DIY divorce I'm contemplating doing, succession's gonna be fun as my daughter is set to take over at the moment. Not yet advanced enough to negate the opinion penalty for a female ruler....not that it stopped Saexbald's grandma Beorhtgifu from ruling for almost sixty years or anything.

I went back to playing Automobilista briefly. I came back to AMS mostly to find the difference between the different Mitsubishi Lancer models in the game. I had some templates I downloaded in wanting to design skins for the cars. And so, I wanted to see what model was which. What was a simple play session ended up with me playing AMS a bit more. I'll explain more on my latest AMS adventures in the Automobilista thread.

Resumed Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne after a year-long break from it. Man, this game is gooooood. It’s getting me hyped for Shin Megami Tensei V on the Switch.

Also, lately I’ve been addicted to a charming little roguelike game called Yodanji.

PS4
GTA Online
LA Noire
Sims 4

XB1
Battlefield 1
Fallout 4
Forza 7
Forza Horizon
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect Andromeda

LMJJu1o.jpg

Well, my last CK2 save didn't end too well. Had the Black Death set to randomly start, showed up in the 980's, actually crossed the English Channel this time (unlike my last save where I reached the empire stage), game ended in 986 when the last landed character of my dynasty died. Intended to get the achievement for playing a save from 769 to 1453, only managed to get the one for dying from the plague.

Re-doing it, back to square one as the Petty King of Wessex. Initial conquest plan is simple:
  • Conquer Kent
  • Betrothe my character's heir to a claimant for Mercia
  • Press their claim and win
  • Die first so my heir gets to work with my laws (primogeniture succession, title revocation allowed for traitors and heretics)
  • ????
  • King of England, PROFIT

qcemaih.jpg

State of the British Isles in latest attempt in CK2 to earn the Seven Centuries achievement, 825 AD.

Set a new personal best for forming England, which in this save has existed since May of 819, around fifty and a half years since the game start. Unlike my previous game, I'm holding the fort down for a while. I have a reason: succession laws. Read on as to why this is a big issue to me.

I originally intended to have my current character Ælfric to first inherit Wessex before pressing his claim on the Duchy of Mercia, which would've led to the exact same result in terms of forming England.

However, things came up. I had plenty of time to press my claim on Mercia; all I had to do was bide my time because it was a weak claim. Doesn't take that much to be able to press it, simply either forcing the target to go into a regency or attacking during another claimants war will do.

Wessex had primogeniture from the beginning of the game, Mercia had gavelkind. There are certain advantages to gavelkind succession, mainly no penalties for not landing adult sons....however, there IS a fairly significant drawback: my various titles under my direct control would split up on the death of my current ruler, assuming that there are multiple children. (One at the moment, which presents an issue because it's a daughter)

My preferred succession, if not the law upon game start, is locked behind a certain law which only opens up once I upgrade my Legalism tech to 3. At the pace I'm acquiring the relevant points to dump into it (there's three branches of tech to upgrade from, each with their own points pool: military, economy, and cultural; Legalism is a subsection of cultural), I'm looking at holding onto the throne for roughly 40 more years. By then, I should have a good enough opinion bonus for a long reign to keep most of my vassals at count or duke tier happy enough with me to let me change back to primo. (No direct vassals at count or duke tier can have a negative opinion of you to do this, add kings once you reach the empire level)

TL;DR:
>be King of England
>holding my lands and killing time until I can change my succession law back to what it was when I started the game
>basic requirements for changing succession laws in CK2 are ruling for 10 years/no direct vassals with a negative opinion of you/not at war/not under regency/have the particular law open to use

Stumbled upon Cities Skylines for €7, so decided to give it a try. It's pretty good. It's a lot of traffic management, and very little other stuff you need to worry about, so I'd say it's more of a traffic simulator than anything else. My favourite part so far is making roundabouts, which with some help from the Traffic Manager mod actually work like a roundabout should!

The only thing I struggle with is sewage. Everything just goes unfiltered into the sea, and as if that wasn't bad enough in itself, there is no current that can wash it away, so my exclusive seaside neighbourhood isn't exactly the best place to live at the moment. I only need about 600 more citizens to unlock the water treatment facility though, hopefully that will improve the situation somewhat.

Skärmbild (359).png

Here are a few of my roundabouts so far.

Skärmbild (354).png Skärmbild (355).png Skärmbild (356).png

Everything just goes unfiltered into the sea, and as if that wasn't bad enough in itself, there is no current that can wash it away, so my exclusive seaside neighbourhood isn't exactly the best place to live at the moment.
You have to pump it into a river. I'm assuming you don't have a river in your plot of land.

You have to pump it into a river. I'm assuming you don't have a river in your plot of land.

Unfortunately not. Only a coastline, that is currently very smelly.

Edit: Made an "Old Town" district, inspired by various European cities and towns. There's a main road passing through the district and another one going around it. The rest of the streets are narrow one-way streets or pedestrian streets. I haven't unlocked the cathedral yet, but when I do it shall be placed here. To the right is the park that separates the Old Town from the big shopping district.

Skärmbild (366).png

Last edited:
The latest game in my collection is Assetto Corsa. After having bought it with leftover Steam credit and some extra PayPal money, I took advantage of the sale on Steam to pick this game up. Suffice to say, this highly-fascinating simulation racing game is quite fabulous. A few flaws keep it from greatness, but it is an extremely well done simulation racer.

Back