What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,825 comments
With winter here I finally get some good gaming time in. And what a great year it has been for gaming! :)
Games I have been playing recently.

X1
  • COD:BO3
  • Fallout 4
  • Halo 5
  • Battle islands
  • World of Tanks
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Minecraft
  • The Crew
  • Smite
  • World Of Tanks
  • Rare Replay
  • Fable Closed Beta
  • Ark Survival evolved (1 hour demo)
  • Halo TMCC
  • GTA5

Last edited:
Still completely immersed in Fallout 4, buy I made a point of picking up Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag to go with it and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Together, these probably make up my four favourite games of all time.

PC:
  • GTA V/Online: Almost always online unless the rare SP modding.
  • BFBC2: 2 much nostalgia 4 me.
  • F1 2013+Classics DLC: Honestly the most fun I've had yet with a racing game. Tied with Assetto Corsa.
Shout out to those Steam sales for attempting to kill my wallet.

Playstation:

• GT6: Whenever I feel like taking pictures or driving, especially at the Nür :P
  • GT3: Started it up a day ago and didn't even drive, but I do plan on actually playing it again.

• Steam: Age Of Empires II really love that game.
  • Shmadow
  • Dark Echo an interesting and very different puzzle game.

• Xbox 1: Black Ops III was trying to take a break from playing it but my friend is trying to pass my level and i can't let that happen :lol:.

PS4:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Need For Speed
Just Cause 3
Grand Theft Auto V

PS3:
Resident Evil 5
Ridge Racer 7
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Burnout Paradise
Driver (PS Classics)
Demoltion Derby (PS Classics)
Grand Theft Auto IV
WWE 2K16
Aliens VS Predator

XB1:
Forza 6
Sebastien Loeb Rally Demo
Forza Horizon 2 Demo

PS2:
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
24: The Game
Need For Speed Carbon
Burnout 3

PS4:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Need For Speed
Just Cause 3
Grand Theft Auto V

PS3:
Resident Evil 5
Ridge Racer 7
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Burnout Paradise
Driver (PS Classics)
Demoltion Derby (PS Classics)
Grand Theft Auto IV
WWE 2K16
Aliens VS Predator

XB1:
Forza 6
Sebastien Loeb Rally Demo
Forza Horizon 2 Demo

PS2:
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
24: The Game
Need For Speed Carbon
Burnout 3

No Burnout revenge?:( Also you so lucky you still have your PS2. Wish i still had mines.

I've taken a break from Gran Turismo 6 and decided to continue my GRID career. Even for a game from 2007, GRID still has some elements that just feel right as far as making a racing game great. The most recent event I completed was the American GT1 series with the Saleen S7.

Still running Driveclub each day, along with Borderlands Pre-Sequel on PS4 and Uncharted also on the 4:
Uncharted™_ The Nathan Drake Collection_20160101123505.png

I picked up NFS: Hot Pursuit yesterday for the PS3. Man, what a stunner! I'm quite blown away. A couple weeks back I was out shopping and saw copies of both HP and Rivals in a discount bin. I figured I would take a chance on Rivals since it's the more recent game. Got it home and played a bit and found it overwhelmingly bland and ugly. It has the terrible sparkly quality of a game trying to do way too much on the hardware. It's now on the trade in pile. Hot Pursuit otoh looks utterly gorgeous - like a moving painting. On top of that, it's super fun! I find it really annoying when devs make design decisions based solely on trying to squeeze as much visual bling out as possible and completely ignore the fact that the game ends up looking like throw-up.

Yeah I don't doubt that. Makes sense - it was probably designed for the new hardware and then scaled down for the PS3. That tends to happen a lot when one gen is moving on to the next.

Before it started storming here earlier tonight, I kind of went back to playing WipEout HD/Fury. I mostly did Time Trials and then an Elimination race. I am still trying to pad my career in GRID aside from my brief return to WipEout HD/Fury.

Last year was my debut to GRID. Tonight, I made my debut to the DiRT series by playing DiRT 1 and DiRT 2. I was unable to get DiRT 3 today. However, I'm sure I may want to pick up DiRT 3 in the future. Both DiRT and DiRT 2 are quite fun.

In addition to picking up these two DiRT titles, I also got a game I long wanted to play- Ridge Racer 7. Of the three games I bought today, only DiRT 2 has Trophies. Hard to believe both RR7 and DiRT are 10 years old. I didn't know DiRT was released in 2006.

I've got a ridiculous amount:

Xbox One:
- Forza 6
- Forza Horizon 2
- Need For Speed (second play through)

Xbox 360:
- Fast & Furious Showdown (regret buying it but I might as well finish it!)
- Forza 3
- DiRT 3 (via Xbox One)

GameCube:
- Wave Race: Blue Storm
- Doshin The Giant

Nintendo 64:
- Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Pilotwings 64
- Top Gear Rally

SNES:
- Power Drive
- Zelda: A Link to the Past

NES:
- R.C. Pro Am
- Xevious

I didn't know there was a sequel to Super Off-Road, I love the original on the NES! May have to look into that.

PS4: BO3

PS2: I sometime boot it up for a bit of GH3

PC: I'll have some free time in february to do some gaming, but, for now:
-Finishing BioShock 1. 2 and Infinite have to wait a bit.
-Assetto Corsa
-Project Cars
-Counter-Strike GO
These are what I play most. The one I touch rarely:
-Far Cry 3
-Simbin stuff
-TF2
-Portals
-Payday 1
-Left 4 Dead.

Been playing The Witness ps4.......has a Myst feel and good lord my brain hurts. Beautiful game but damn I can only pull so much hair with a bald head, eyebrows it is!

Found this on Steam and it is so much fun!

1390575695Description_IMG_2.jpg

It's a standalone mod for Half Life that just got put on Steam that was originally released back in 1999 (Yes, a mod that is still being worked on after 17 years). Completely free to play and is quite similar to GMod, you choose a server and any game assets not installed automatically get installed. Really fun to play, and will run on pretty much anything.

It also features the entire Half Life campaign, which can be played solo or in co-op.

Some videos:

Last edited:
With GTR2 arriving in the mail last week, I started playing around with GTR2. These days, however, I've returned to rFactor, mainly to entertain the thought of making videos from my rFactor experiences.

Back