What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Uh, modding Skyrim has become a new game unto itself... Help!
Yeah I'm finding something similar with Fallout 4. Lots of "oh that would be cool" and fixes for a myriad of other stuff, until you pile up too much stuff and the entire thing crashes. At which point the entire process starts all over again of course.

Dark Souls remastered on the Switch. First time ever playing a Soulsborne game. Only a few hours in and really enjoying it so far. It's tough but it doesn't feel unfair (we'll see how that goes further in though. lol). So far my deaths have only really come from lack of concentration and just being too over confident.

Experienced my first real Dark Souls moment last night. Beat the bell gargoyle. Fell off the tower immediately afterwards and got killed on the way back up. 10,000 souls down the drain. Oh joy. :lol:

Also just downloaded Shadow of the Tomb Raider, seeing as it's free on PSN. I loved the reboot back on the PS3 and while I liked the gameplay in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It didn't anything for me at all story wise. Here's hoping that Shadow is better in that regard.

Uh, modding Skyrim has become a new game unto itself... Help!
I mostly kept myself to popular mods, improvements for things I knew would be poor, and specific things I've been craving in a game (which was what led me to the idea of Skyrim + mods). It's my first time with the game so I did not want to stray terribly far. I knew I had gone far enough after I installed the SkyBirds mod...and later I added just a few more smaller fixes/adjustments. :lol:

I am 90% sure I don't need to add more. :P

As of right now, COD Cold War and AC Valhalla. Been jumping back and forth between the two. Finished Pokemon Shield for the third time last week.

Also just downloaded Shadow of the Tomb Raider, seeing as it's free on PSN. I loved the reboot back on the PS3 and while I liked the gameplay in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It didn't anything for me at all story wise. Here's hoping that Shadow is better in that regard.

Finally decided to start Tomb Raider last night. Only got to play for a couple of hours but first impressions are really good. It's a beautiful looking game, even on a base PS4. Looking forward to getting further into it.

Burnout Paradise. Up til now, the only Burnout game I've ever played was the original. Which I got with my PS2 back in the day. I enjoyed it but for whatever reason, just never bothered with any of the sequels. Anyway, I grabbed the remaster off the PS store last night for $10. Can already tell from what little I've played of it so far, that it's going to take up a good chunk of my time. Definitely lives up the hype.

Last edited:
I've been playing:
my team in f1 2020
Mafia and mafia 2 definitive edition
Cyberpunk 2077
SWTOR
All on pc.

Occasionally I've been wandering around in Octopath Traveler on switch

Everspace 2 Early access - great space fighter looter shooter with Freelancer wibes. Almost bugless, but doesn't have alot of content (5-10h of unique content + generated events).

NFS Heat(EA Play for 1$). Terrible level dedign, visuals, story and music especially if you compare it with previous instalments. Good progression concept. Decent physical model, car rooster and customisation. Could be better if it takes place in Payback locations with Payback class system.

Last edited:
Ghost of tsushima.

Graphics and effects are simply amazing however it hasnt quite grabbed me yet.
Possibly the setting and the horse riding are just not my cup of tea so struggling to see what the fuss is about, hopefully my opinions changes as the game goes on.

Finally decided to start Tomb Raider last night. Only got to play for a couple of hours but first impressions are really good. It's a beautiful looking game, even on a base PS4. Looking forward to getting further into it.

Still on Burnout Paradise which I'm having a lot of fun with. But I finished Shadow of Tomb Raider and really enjoyed it (despite all the swimming sections). Reinstalled Rise of the Tomb Raider to give that another playthough. And then I saw that the Playstation store had the definitive edition of Tomb Raider 2013 for just under $4. Was planning on playing that again on the PS3 at some point but for the price, I figured I may as well just grab it.

Last edited:
Dove head-first into real-time strategy games. Some good, consistent time killers.

Been playing:

Men of War Assault Squad 2
Company of Heroes 2
Syrian Warfare
Total War: Medieval II
Total War: Atilla
Total War: Empire
Total War: Napolean
Door Kickers 2: Task Force North

I'm not modding the games yet as I just want to get through the normal play through.

TW: Atilla has a Medieval mod that essentially gives you an entire new game. TW:Napolean and TW: Empire have similar mods that grant you a better experience and more forces, etc.

I wanted to get TW: Rome II Emperor Edition but the price drop wasn't as big as I had hoped for.

I have a lot of other games on my Steam wishlist that I'll get this coming summer sale. But for the sale that's on currently, I got a majority of the games I wanted. I just need a proper PC to play them because my little old laptop is at its wits end. :lol:

Last edited:
I've been trying out MotoGP 20 on the Gamepass. Sort of as a practice, because I've been eyeing Ride 4 recently but I have no experience with bike game whatsoever. Just dipped my toe on the Moto3 career mode to see where it goes from there, but first impression is very good.

Aside from that, I've been getting demolished by my friends in Smash Ultimate. In a 4-stock battle, I can get him maybe once or twice before he wipes the floor with me. It's slightly better than the total curbstomp just few months ago, so... I'm improving I guess? :boggled:

Edit: Loving the photomode on MotoGP 20!

Motogp20 Screenshot 2021.02.20 - 00.28.35.63.png

Last edited:
Streets of Rage 4. Ordered a physical version for the Switch a couple of weeks ago and it arrived on Monday. Not sure that the Pro controller is enjoying the button mashing, I'm having a blast though. :lol: Amazing soundtrack as well, gives me some nostalgic '90s vibes.

Everything!! Just received my ps5 and coming from a base ps4 I can say the difference is far greater than I could have imagined. Finally my television is doing what is capable of.

So I’m playing almost everything just to see how good certain games look. Some that stand out:

god of war
Doom eternal
Demon Souls

Still playing Genshin Impact, but now scaled back a little, for the time being, until there is a new event or something. Now I'm trying to make time for Persona 5 Strikers. All I have to say is I miss these characters. Just under 2 hours in, and so far I'm still trying to get used to the combat, mainly trying to use the Ambushes.

New computer. Finally allows me to play Steam purchases I could never get to work:

Grand Theft Auto IV & DLC - works flawlessly.
Metal Gear Solid V - works flawlessly.
Grand Theft Auto V - works but it's juttery.

The fact that MGSV works better than GTAV is laughable. Going to spend the weekend trying to get back into Cities: Skylines too.

Microsoft Flight Simulator and that’s it, since VR was launched and coupled with the new F-15’s released for it I simply cannot bring myself to play anything else, the immersion is off the charts!

I got to the final boss in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and I regret all the time that I sunk into this one. So I deleted the game and saves, who's your b... now?:mad: In fact, I've decided I have no tolerance for the modern Metroidvanias (Ori, Hollow Knight, etc.)

Last edited:
Getting the itch to go back to Dark Souls after taking a break from it. Might grind a couple more levels before attempting Blighttown though. I can already tell that this is going to be painful. :lol:

Driving physics coming along.
You're doing so well with that, I've thought of suggesting that you could jump to developing on PC, but I don't want to discourage you from continuing what you're enjoying on that engine/"game". :)

Your tire model looks outstanding, and I see this clip showing off your differential simulation; I imagine it was aided by your physical constraint-based approach.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag on the PS4.

Not a fan of naval combat, however, it becomes a lot better once the ship gets upgraded. Just got up to Sequence 7. Black Flag is an amazing experience. Highly recommend this game to anybody who hasn't played it yet.

Generation Zero

Great atmosphere, sound design, machine designs, and environment. Playing on the hardest difficulty and I have to say that the stealth aspect is great, but when its time to actually fight, you don't stand a chance unless you have a house to hide in.

I've been playing one of this month's free PS Plus games, Maquette.

The basic premise is relatively interesting. Your environment has a smaller version inside it, with an even small version inside that (which you can't access), and it is inside a larger version itself, which is also inside an even larger version (which you can't access) - they're all nested in each other, like a model village inside a model village inside a model village inside a model village inside the village it's a model of.

You can pick up and move some objects (there are extremely few objects you can pick up (five keys, two bridges, four crystals, a ticket, and a cube) and by taking them from one size to the next you can change their size; any object you put down is duplicated one size smaller in each smaller environment and one size larger in each larger environment. If objects get too big or small you can't pick them up. Sometimes you need to go into a massive environment to pick up a small thing, and put it into the small environment so it gets bigger in the big environment and you can use it in the big environment, sometimes you need to get a big thing from a small environment and put it in a bigger environment so it gets smaller in the small environment so you can use it there.

However, this premise is missing from the first chapter entirely, where you just wander on a straight line path through a garden. It's then used for three chapters and abandoned again in favour of more linear wandering. It pops up in the final chapter in a slightly more unusual way, which involves you moving the smallest version (that you can see) of the environment around inside the version you're in so it moves inside an even larger version. But the puzzles are crap anyway - it's about three hours of game.

The whole game is set inside literally the most twee, irritating, drawn out, badly scored, hopelessly narrated story of a couple who meet, fall in love, grow apart, and split up. It's basically "love is great, BUT THEN COMES DEPRESSION AND PAIN AND LIFE IS MEANINGLESS but you might be okay afterwards". Read the room, Annapurna; nobody wants a depressive episode in game form right now.

It's made me hate gaming. I'm going back to Skyrim and driving games.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back