What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I was going to play Maquette, but something tells me I should stick to being punted off track at Autopolis.
The concept is interesting and pretty unique, sad to hear it is not particularly well done.

Dark Souls, still. Finished Blighttown, somehow did the boss there in one attempt. Grinding a couple more levels and playing around with upgrading different weapons before moving on to Sen's Fortress. Thinking if/when I get through that. Might end up take another break from it. Just for my own sanity's sake. :lol:

Also, grabbed the special edition of Gravel for $9 off the Playstation store last night. From what little I've played so far it's, decent enough. Getting some strong Dirt 2 vibes from it.

Last edited:
Been playing DiRT2 for the last two weeks and just finished up the DiRT Tour as well all offline trophies. Still an excellent game with a damn good atmosphere, soundtrack and variety of vehicles.

I have now moved onto DiRT3 and immediately remembered why I still love this one above every other DiRT game.

I managed to get a used copy of the Complete Edition for $16 for the PS3 but since it’s been delisted on the PS Store, noone can get hold of a valid VIP Pass (online access) anymore - which in turn holds several great cars as prisoners, sadly. Business practices for the dark ages on the consoles. It still pisses me off. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
MXH
Been playing DiRT2 for the last two weeks and just finished up the DiRT Tour as well all offline trophies. Still an excellent game with a damn good atmosphere, soundtrack and variety of vehicles.

I have now moved onto DiRT3 and immediately remembered why I still love this one above every other DiRT game.

I managed to get a used copy of the Complete Edition for $16 for the PS3 but since it’s been delisted on the PS Store, noone can get hold of a valid VIP Pass (online access) anymore - which in turn holds several great cars as prisoners, sadly. Business practices for the dark ages on the consoles. It still pisses me off. :embarrassed:

Why is Dirt 3 your favourite ?

Why is Dirt 3 your favourite ?
Mainly for the same reason as DiRT2 but it suits my personal taste even more.

Atmosphere, the presentation and the menus, soundtrack right up my alley, Joyride, overall sound design, a more preferable variety of locations and the gameplay in general.

I'm having wicked amounts of fun with Sniper Elite 4 (Gamepass). I just finished Haven and I enjoyed much of it, specially its characters. There is great potential to expand it's themes should they do a sequel.

Ghost of tsushima. I accidentally deleted my ps4 save when I switched to ps5.... but replaying just reminded me how amazing this game is. I absolutely love it.

You're doing so well with that, I've thought of suggesting that you could jump to developing on PC, but I don't want to discourage you from continuing what you're enjoying on that engine/"game". :)

Your tire model looks outstanding, and I see this clip showing off your differential simulation; I imagine it was aided by your physical constraint-based approach.

Haha I've only done a little research into other engines but I think the perhaps relative simplicity of Dreams is right for me at the moment and I still feel there is lots left in the engine with regards to driving games or simulations.

My tire model is kinda ok. I'd say maybe it comes off in the videos better than it really is. Definite improvement over using a single rigid body though for sure.

The differential simulation you see in that video is just a characteristic of the rotators used to spin the wheels. They have a completely vague power rating, 0-100%. Nothing to equate it to real world forces. The power they output also seems dependent on the object weight they are attached to.

Basically I'm using no logic to spin the wheels. R2 is connected directly to the rotational speed of each rotator and if they don't have enough power to spin the wheel they just stop. It passes for an okay differential simulation from side to side but when you compare speed of the axles separately they don't match.

I am working on a new method though, an actual physical differential. I've created a running engine in the game that sends power through a 3 speed gear box using friction, then into a transfer case, through the driveshafts and into the front and rear differentials. All using rigid bodies, constraints, and friction. It's a little buggy but I'm working them out. Less buggy when I reduce the components. If I just drive the vehicle via one axle it's brilliant and works so good, open or locked.

Last edited:
@nobuffalo -- A physical differential and it doesn't just explode? :) That's impressive. I did wonder later if what I saw wasn't a differential script but simply the outcome of a simple motor object like you've described. The constraint-based model I tried would do the same thing. The biggest problem I had was that the inside drivewheel would become way too unloaded and spin up too easily.

My differential simulation now just tracks the torque split as a variable ratio. Each frame, after sending the torque output to the wheels, the wheels send back a value representing the difference between the new wheel speed and the expected wheel speed if it was unencumbered (with only the wheel's moment of inertia to restrain it).

The torque split for the next frame is based upon comparing those results, depending on the differential type. For example, with an open diff, the "winner" always gets a larger share of torque on the next frame. If one wheel of an open diff is propped up into the air or standing on a frictionless surface, it's the only one that will spin. 👍

Recently finished:
PS4
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm​
XBSX
Oxenfree
Ori and the Blind Forest​

Currently playing:
XBSX
Wreckfest
Forza 7
Forza Horizon 4
DiRT 5
A Plague Tale: Innocence
NieR:Automata​
PS4
Assetto Corsa Competizione (on-going)

Some notes:
- Ori is such a fantastic platform game.
- DiRT 5 is boring and I only play no more than two races at a time. But I keep getting back to it for a quickie because of how good it looks.
- I might give up on A Plague Tale: Innocence. I'm finding it boring.
- I was expecting to have more fun with Wreckfest. Hopefully it will grow on me soon.
- NieR:Automata I haven't even started, but it will definitely be my next "long" game.

My PS4 controler cable got wonky, so I had to order a new one. While I waited yesterday and today, I played some Minecraft. I'm running the Java version with SEUS PTGI. It runs in 720p at 20~30 fps.. ..but it looks cool!

I switched to 4k to take some of the photos, it runs at 2fps but i managed to take the shots.

2020-12-22_15.59.41.jpg

2020-12-22_16.39.01.jpg

2020-12-22_16.41.10.jpg

2021-03-16_15.40.51.jpg

2021-03-16_15.40.54.jpg

2021-03-16_17.07.48.jpg

2021-03-16_17.07.51.jpg

2021-03-16_17.08.01.jpg

2021-03-16_17.08.04.jpg

2021-03-16_17.12.41.jpg

2021-03-16_17.12.43.jpg

2021-03-16_17.12.52.jpg

2021-03-16_17.12.58.jpg

I recently began a new journey. I went ahead and bought the Rush Rally series for Android/Goodle TV.

Rush Rally 2 wsa a game I sampled once I finally decided to buy it. Rush Rally 2 is a paid game at about $0.99 USD (without taxes) on Google Play. I got this for my Android/Google TV box. Do not expect this rally racing game to have the quality of DiRT or the Colin McRae games. It does, though offer a good mix of traditional rally and rallycross. The game runs very nicely and actually doesn't look bad, even on Android devices. It's pretty cool from what I've seen. There are no licensed vehicles, but you can pretty much make out what each car is supposed to be. Same applies for the rally drivers in the rally modes. For example, you can pretty much tell who the drivers are supposed to be when you see names like "Bichard Rurns," "Carlos Saint," "Ben Klock," and "Petter Solburger" among others.

I had downloaded and bought Rush Rally 3 for my Android/Google TV box, but I ran into a host of issues trying to get it to work on my Android TV box. Most of them were graphics-related. The auto graphics thing froze on me. This game did, however, work on my Android tablet. But even then, it ran a good bit slow for my tastes. So I sadly decided to uninstall this game and get a refund on Google Play (the first time I ever requested a refund for a Google Play app I paid for). So I won't be discussing my Rush Rally 3 experience.

I may look into a few other paid Google Play apps to *replace* Rush Rally 3.

After finishing 43 games last year (I was only furloughed for 6 weeks but wasn't going into the museum as much as I am right now) I was excited to see if I'd keep the pace up this year and get through more of my 130+ game backlog, so far that hasn't been the case at all.

I started the year - literally on 1/1 - by finishing The Witness, as much as I thought it was pretentious it was admittedly an excellent game and maybe one of the smartest but hardest puzzle games I've ever played (Baba is You is harder, though).

I then moved on to Infra, a game I'd wanted to play since I first heard of it in 2012 but it didn't release until years later... I expected it to feel like a 2012 game when I played it, but in reality it was even more dated than that - it was like Half Life 2 (it's a Source engine game) but was significantly worse in every way. Had it been 5 hours long it would've been OK, but it was closer to 20. I only pushed through it to earn the right to hate it, and I do.

During Infra I took frequent breaks to play other things, most notably the excellent Door Kickers, a game I'd tried and failed to get into at least three times, and Depanneur Nocturne, a very short 30 minute but charming game about, um, shopping.

From there I picked up my October 2019 save of Hitman 2, I'd played about 105 hours on the Hitman content alone and added another 130 hours on top 100%ing each location except Sgail (which was dull) and Haven Island (which was good but I was bored by this point). Hitman 2 (with the Hitman content specifically) might be one of the most underrated games ever, not because it's not highly rated but because I believe it should be up there with the greatest games of all time. Hitman had some better locations but the extra features in H2 makes them even more perfect.

Then I got an EA Play subscription (for less than £1) and have finished Jedi: Fallen Order, Need for Speed: Heat and Battlefront 2's campaign(s) this month alone. J:FO was excellent, Heat was far better than I expected and BF2 was awful, as expected, but did at least start OK and it absolutely nailed the Star Wars aesthetic.

Next I'm moving on to Squadrons, cancelling my EA sub then I'll pick up either GTA V's campaign or finish off the last few missions of Doom Eternal after a year off. Then maybe A Plague Tale: Innocence as I bought it during the winter Steam sale or The Red Strings Club.

Last edited:
After I finished Hitman 3 (got most the levels to above 50% completion and got through the available escalations), I moved back to playing Legends of Runeterra, as a new expansion was just released.

For those who don't know, it's a free-to-play collectible card game, like Magic The Gathering (or Magic Arena if we're talking about strictly digital) and Hearthstone. Unlike those other games though, the game economy is very player friendly (at least for now) and you don't have to play crazy amount of hours to get most of the cards for free. It's got great design, where it's simple enough to make games go by quick, but complex enough that it keeps you interested in the gameplay, and it's also got an excellent mobile client as well. High levels of polish also help, and it's even got balance patches that happen with some regularity, which Magic and HS do rarely, if ever. Anyway, for those who like this genre, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing is just about the only thing I have been playing. Yesterday or two days ago, I bought Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I have put about an hour into it.

So I finished Squadrons, let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay for it. The campaign started off OK but it got old fast - there was some cool background scenery but for the most part it was just "do x" "do x again" "do x a third time" "ok now do y" "again" "ok mission over", and, worst of all, I never got to fly a B-Wing. So that's my EA Play sub cancelled, at least Fallen Order was good.

I've just been gifted Disco Elysium, Submerged and BioShock Infinite, but as the Final Cut of the former is out in just over a week I think I'll wait for that, Submerged is a 2-3 hour game so I'll probably squeeze that in next. I've just realised I was going to play Headlander at some point too...

Playing Squadrons now myself. It is fun, but I agree with neema_t, its getting repetitive. Still its Star Wars flying game so I will play it until the end. Likely wont touch the online portion.

Also been playing Forza Motorsport 7 - its really well made, been so long since I played a Forza title (I got a Drive Hub so I could use T300 on my Series X) I wish I could change the progression of the brake to better match my pedal set.. but its got a lot of variety and very enjoyable.

Did some other dabbling around in Game Pass:
F1 2019 - just to race some of the classics, its F1 and its rad.
Wreckfest - cool, just fun. Even with a FFB wheel.
Kingdom Hearts III - just playing it on easiest. Not even sure whats going on but its colorful, silly and I can play it infront of my young son.
Dirt 5 - Just could not get into this..
Assetto Corsa - Had to try it on series x just to see how it ran. Still the best sim on console (ACC has too many issues) .
Control - I was really into this game for awhile then got stuck on a boss one night and never went back. Got distracted. Good game though.
NieR Automanta - was playing and started to get a feel for this game but got distracted and stopped playing. Its fun, but long and weird.

Finished:
Donut County - stupid fun highly recommend. Was great to play using remote play.
Gears 5 - Hivebusters DLC - pretty awesome in general.
Destiny 2 Beyond Light DLC (single player campaign portion only) this was pretty good, nothing special but its more Destiny and I always seem to go back to it.

Last edited:
I'm doing a challenge this year, I'm gonna try to beat 100 games that I haven't beat before during 2021.

So far I have beaten

Super Troll Islands, SNES
Vectorman, Mega Drive
DOOM II, PC
South Park: The Fractured But Whole, PC
Far Cry 3, PC
Super Bomberman, SNES
Wolfenstein The New Order, PC
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, PS3
Super Mario Bros (No warps), NES
Starfox 64, N64
Sonic Mania, Switch
Katamari Damacy Reroll, Switch
Actraiser, SNES
Bully Scholarship Edition, PC
Mega Man 4, NES
Cuphead, PC
Donald in Maui Mallard, SNES
Aladdin, SNES
Flintstone: The Treasure of Sierra Madrock, SNES
TMNT: Turtles In Time, SNES
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Switch
Chiki Chiki Boys, Mega Drive
Angry Video Game Nerd: Adventure, PC

And the next game to play is Super Adventure Island.

Outriders is out today so that's where I'm at. It's my first experience with a shooter-looter and I appreciate the fact that I can play solo. The story is nuts, but easy to pick up, and the game looks good and plays fast on the Series S
I also finished Sniper Elite 4 after about 10 hours and I had a great time
looking to line up the perfect ball shot
:scared::lol:

For me, besides WipEout (mainly WipEout Pure, emulated on my Macbook through OpenEmu), I've been playing a whole lot of Forza (mainly Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4), but I took a break with these two when my Xbox One's power brick got seriously :censored:ed where the light would stay orange and flicker a little. Nowadays it's just Motorsport 4 that I'm returning to on my 360, just for my Forza fix.

My PS5 also gets some love where I play GT Sport, Hitman (Absolution, Blood Money and 3) and Watch Dogs Legion. Don't get me started with the "404 Not Found" chapter in that game.

Last edited:
Outriders is out today so that's where I'm at. It's my first experience with a shooter-looter and I appreciate the fact that I can play solo. The story is nuts, but easy to pick up, and the game looks good and plays fast on the Series S
I also finished Sniper Elite 4 after about 10 hours and I had a great time
looking to line up the perfect ball shot
:scared::lol:

Another suggestion...If you want an excellent looter shooter you should try The Division 1 and/or 2 - and very cheap when on sale (which is often).

After finishing Squadrons I moved on to GTA V for just long enough to remember why I hate it, then started and finished What The Golf and Submerged... Then started the other Rockstar game, RDR2.

I'm enjoying it so far, the controls are pretty complicated and I'm sure if I were to stop playing for a few days I'd forget most if not all of the minor mechanics I've seen so far, but I'm trying to not dwell on that too much.

With most Yakuza games now added on the Gamepass, I started a Yakuza marathon with my friends, starting from the 0 - we're now onto Yakuza 4. You can say my Xbox has been getting plenty of action lately! Taking turns going through some fights whenever we get fatigued, listening to karaoke songs together, laughing whenever something generally dumb happens, etc., it's all been a good fun so far. None of them had any exposure to Yakuza games until then, so getting some fresh perspective was very interesting also.

Also, having played MotoGP 20 extensively for past few months, I took the plunge and bought Ride 4. Game felt a bit limited at first, but unlocking the world league really opens the game up. I really liked SLRE's career mode and collecting bunch of rally cars, so I think Ride 4 will be right up my alley.

Last edited:
Owing to Xbox's spring sales I switched from Game Pass Control to the Ultimate Edition (no expansions). The improved performance is worth the price. I also got Immortals Phoenix Rising Gold. At less than the price of the standard version, the value is unbeatable. It is a fun and engaging platformer.
I tried The Falconeer, and I really wanted to like it, but the story just fails to engage me.
Apparently I don't play as myself or a character but the memories of some dead people? Why should I care? What is the goal?

Last edited:
Back