What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,775 comments
Picked up Tchia & Ridge Racer 2 on the PS5 via the Plus Premium.

Have to say RR2 plays great but looks like a dog :lol:

I wish Bandai would get another RR made for current gen hardware.

Only played a little of Tchia as I’ve been waiting for the wife as I mainly got it for her to play.

I’m still putting hours with GT7 but have lost interest in Hogwarts.

Found an "exploit" that basically prints money in Cyberpunk and used it to get a ton of chrome, mods and mod blueprints, I'm a little disappointed there doesn't seem to be "iconic" quickhacks but it's whatever. I respecced my V to go all in mainly on blades and quickhacks (plus boring stuff like more health or faster regen, etc.), but because I didn't understand how abilities work or even what they do I didn't reach level 20 in any of them before I hit level 50, I'd do it quite differently if I were to start again but I'm not going to.

I don't think I'm going to bother with all the NCPD encounters but I do have a couple of minor jobs left so I guess I'll do them then carry on. Then it's Resident Evil time, finally.

Picked up Tchia & Ridge Racer 2 on the PS5 via the Plus Premium.

Have to say RR2 plays great but looks like a dog :lol:

I wish Bandai would get another RR made for current gen hardware.

Only played a little of Tchia as I’ve been waiting for the wife as I mainly got it for her to play.

I’m still putting hours with GT7 but have lost interest in Hogwarts.
Plus premium now has Ridge Racer Type 4. Loved the game when it came out, but it is so ugly now on an Oled tv. Soundtrack is still killer though.

Resident Evil 4 remake, on par with God of War Ragnarok so far, the tension in this game is amazing.

Haven't played the original since PS2 days so had forgotten most of the story which only adds to playing a remake.

Plus premium now has Ridge Racer Type 4. Loved the game when it came out, but it is so ugly now on an Oled tv. Soundtrack is still killer though.
Yeh, I’d seen RR4 but I actually thought I’d play them in order again. Wish RR1 was there, now that would have been a blast to play.

Since my last post here I've finished Citizen Sleeper (main game), which I loved.

I've started playing Ghost Song and The Legend of Tianding, but gave up on both of them. They looked promising, but neither "clicked" and I quickly left them.

I've then decided to go on another Mass Effect: Legendary Edition journey and started and finished ME2 during the holiday season. Can't say that I liked it as much as ME1, but it was a great experience nonetheless.

Latest game I started was Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition, but now I'm bummed because it will be leaving Game Pass in two weeks and, most likely, I won't be able to finish it.

And, of course, I've been addicted to Vampire Survivors. :dopey:
Here's an update since my last post here:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition
Managed to finish it, on the very last day! I did like it, but I'm not sure I'll be going through the second and third game.

Lost in Random
Had this on my list to play for a while. Enjoyed the visual style and the original battle system for a while, but even so, the game became too repetitive. I think I made it somewhere halfway before putting it down for...

Hi-Fi Rush
Excellent shadow drop release. Had to install it straight away.
Fun game and visuals. Played it non-stop through the end.

High on Life
Hilarious once you start it, but the novelty quickly wears out and I didn't last one hour... I'm not a FPS fan, so there's that, too.

Wasteland 3
I was very curious on this, reading the reviews. I was a still of game that I wanted to try. Unfortunately, it was too complicated for me. But I can understand that, for someone with experience and time it can be great fun.

Crown Trick
Only picked this up on its last week on Game Pass, which was a shame.
I think this was a really interesting one, but I only managed to play something like five hours...

Beacon Pines
Started and finished this. It's nice and has its moments, but it's also forgetable.

Paradise Killer
Was looking forward to this. And it did start off nicely (and with some cool music).
But then I was thrown into a maze which I didn't care for. Quickly lost patience and interest. My problem, probably.

Norco
Norco was great. If anything, the story is a bit too much "out there"... But otherwise a nice experience.

Life is Strange: True Colors
Probably the least interesting LiS that I've ever played. Or maybe I'm tired of the formula. Finished it anyway.

Tunic
Giving this a second try. I think there's some magic in this game and I really want to get into it and finish it.
I just hope I'm not put off by its difficulty - I'm too old and with little time for hard games.

Other than that, I'm occasionally playing Assetto Corsa Competizione on my rig, doing a short championship.

Paradise Killer
Was looking forward to this. And it did start off nicely (and with some cool music).
But then I was thrown into a maze which I didn't care for. Quickly lost patience and interest. My problem, probably.
I really liked Paradise Killer, I have no idea if I played it "properly" though because if you treat it like a game and have every conversation with everyone you can basically end the game however you want and I feel like I maybe should've roleplayed it a bit or something and not talked everyones' ear off, it felt kind of like when you get to where you're meant to be going in an immersive sim and then turn around to explore all the different ways you could've gone or something. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe that's what you're supposed to do? Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of it to the point where I'm a little sad you didn't but that's the way it goes I guess. Also I don't doubt that if I'd played it on my PC I would've bailed before the end but it was great playing it on the train on my Deck.

Last edited:
I really liked Paradise Killer, I have no idea if I played it "properly" though because if you treat it like a game and have every conversation with everyone you can basically end the game however you want and I feel like I maybe should've roleplayed it a bit or something and not talked everyones' ear off, it felt kind of like when you get to where you're meant to be going in an immersive sim and then turn around to explore all the different ways you could've gone or something. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe that's what you're supposed to do? Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of it to the point where I'm a little sad you didn't but that's the way it goes I guess. Also I don't doubt that if I'd played it on my PC I would've bailed before the end but it was great playing it on the train on my Deck.
The fact that I was under pressure to finish it before leaving Game Pass probably did not help... But I've now added the game to my wish list and will give it another try some day. 👍

Dredge. A couple of hours into it but I can already tell it's going to be one of those games where I'm going to end up doing every possible side quest and trying to unlock everything there is. Really pretty game too, even on the Switch.

Some GT7 as well. Just grinding the Spa 1hr for the time being, to earn back the money I spent on the buying all the new cars from the latest update.

This - everything PS2 era and older looks a gazillion times better on an old CRT. I really struggle with them on newer TVs, they look awful. So I'm never that bothered about playing them on the newer consoles really.

I started playing Farming Simulator 22 again since it's a great game to play while sitting in meetings that should've been an e-mail.

This - everything PS2 era and older looks a gazillion times better on an old CRT. I really struggle with them on newer TVs, they look awful. So I'm never that bothered about playing them on the newer consoles really.

No as playing old games on a newer console is a definite downgrade compared to what there designed for, a lovely CRT. Ideally if you like old and new games, you need both.

I don’t think anything will ever truly beat a CRT but I found that using component cables for playing PS2 games (on the PS2) on my LED TV doing wonders for the image quality for some games.

Have yet to try it while playing PS1 games though. I remember GT2 sadly looking like a dog’s breakfast.

Last edited:
Been playing through Jedi: Fallen Order again (this time on the PS5). Great game... Also been playing some NCAA College Football 13 on the PS3 (have it setup in my office, LOL). Really wish that game hadn't gone away. Enjoy it so much more than Madden.

Side note, and not that anyone on the entire planet will give two *****, but I finally won a race in career mode at Red Bull Ring on MotoGP 22. It's been my nemesis, for sure. Looking forward to MotoGP 23.

Been playing through Jedi: Fallen Order again (this time on the PS5). Great game...
I tried playing this again when the new game was announced. Realised i'd stopped playing because i'd come to a inquisitor sister end of level boss that i kept getting killed by but was losing the will to live waiting for the excruciatingly long load times between fails. I've noticed there's a remastered PS5 version, so with the much quicker load times i might have to try it again.

EA Sports PGA Tour on the 10 hour EA play trial. Great to have some golf game competition, PGA 2k21 and 2k23 were ok but more out of being the only options for years rather than actually being good golf games. They had good points of course but also a lot wrong.

The first EA golf title since Rory McIlroy PGA Tour in 2015, and it's so far proving to be fantastic. Visually the courses are stunning and each one genuinely plays differently, something the 2k series sorely lacked. Makes you think about how you play each hole and each shot. Could use more customisation options and bizarrely lacks a replay system but it's a great game so far. Combined with the typical array of EA sports licensing clout (all the official majors, 28 licensed courses plus 2 fantasy courses and at least 4 coming post launch (2023 majors, extra FedEx cup course and Ryder Cup)), decent selection of playable pros (including a few Liv Golf defectors curiously for a PGA licensed game, Bryson Dechambeau, Dustin Johnson to name a couple), FedEx Cup, Korn Ferry Tour, LPGA tour, plenty to do.

I have not played a golf game in over a decade. The visuals of PGA Tour look leaps and bounds better than the last one I played.

Last edited:
Picked up ACC in a sale. Not sure this was a good idea. Going to be an absolute timesink once I learn how to drive properly.

I was finally able to get Minecraft (Java Edition) set up. Since I have been learning to use Blockbench, I am looking at what mod opportunities I can look into for this game. I am kind of going easy with this newer Minecraft, as it's been slow on my PC a bit.

Finally finished Cyberpunk last night, I don't know how many endings there are but I didn't get the best one. The writing was also kind of all over the place, (ending spoilers follow)
for example at first V was like "bye Johnny, been awful knowing you!", then it was revealed that her body would reject her engram eventually and die but Johnny could take the body and be OK and she was like "how dare you do this to me?", then seconds later when Johnny's like "I'm just gonna go with Alt and be free" V then gets all "I'm so sorry Johnny, isn't there another way?", like make your mind up please, do you hate him for trying to steal your body and sentencing you to death or what?

Anyway, good game overall, enjoyed it, it did at least seem to really understand what makes good cyberpunk - "high tech, low life", megacorps, the heists, the creepy body horror (and the opposite - Mikoshi is basically anti-body horror), the ultraviolence... Yeah, a good game, just not what people were expecting.

I've moved on to Resident Evil, the remaster. I've never played it (or the original) before and to be honest I think games and I have just moved on from this style of thing; limited saves, no continues, etc., these were done back in the day to artificially make games harder and longer and I just don't want to put up with that anymore, I'd rather play through a short game and have fun than be repeatedly killed and have to redo bits over and over. In short, then, I'm going to use a guide.

EA Sports PGA Tour on the 10 hour EA play trial.
This 10 hour trial and the 2K23 PGA Tour is on XBox free weekend so it looks like I'm golfing all weekend. Will be nice to compare the 2 but I'll probably end up buying them both anyway if they go on a deep sale.

In short, then, I'm going to use a guide.
Turns out I've barely used a guide, it's not that big a deal and the guide is harder to follow than just playing the game, I've only really used it to judge when to save (and even then I've saved a lot and still have 5 ribbons left). I thought I was playing on normal, though, as I chose the middle of three difficulty options but the game I'm experiencing is what the guide describes as easy, so I'm not sure what's happening there.

Great game though, my opinion of it being obsolete has changed. It's an excellent example of a game being built around the limitations of the platform it was developed for, the endless backtracking was a little irritating at first but then I realised they designed the game that way to wring a lot of play time out of not a lot of data, while limited saves and permadeath add the tension back in because retreading the same ground that much makes you too comfortable.

I'm closing in on the end now, I got pretty much all day yesterday to myself and used it to play as much as I could bear (turns out my tolerance for long hours of gaming is shot, I kept falling asleep) so I got a decent headstart and I think I'll be done before the end of the Easter weekend. Not sure if I should move on to RE2 or Jill's playthrough next. I'm thinking maybe I'll leave the alternate playthroughs for another time.

Got PGA Tour The Road To The Masters trial for PS5. have now bought the game,, can't beat a good game of golf, got good physics , 30 courses , just need too find how to putt from the fringe and add spin without having too tap x multiple times as i feel that ruins the experience for me.

Last edited:
I've been playing Elite Dangerous and Fishing North Atlantic, also a little Snowrunner and No Mans Sky.

I want to start a new Cyberpunk 2077 game now that I have a Series X.

Everspace 2 release is here and available at Game Pass PC. Xbox release will be later this year. Could recommend if you miss Freelancer and Elite Dangerous is too complicate.

Started new playthrough today, feels great.

Finished Resident Evil (HD Remaster), it took a little over 12 hours somehow so I must've been playing it wrong considering there are unlocks for finishing it in five and three hours. Great game though, I was sceptical since RE2 was so much more popular but considering when it was made it's very well designed. I won't say it's timeless, but even now you can see why they made certain decisions and it's all pretty cohesive.

I'm installing RE2 (also the remastered version) now, I have already played a few hours of it on my PS4 but I think I got lazy, ran out of ammo and then basically got stuck as a result.

Picked up ACC in a sale. Not sure this was a good idea. Going to be an absolute timesink once I learn how to drive properly.
Once I got the controller settings sorted out, I couldn't get enough of it. It can't think of any other circuit racing game I have played where I have got so much enjoyment from just driving the car: I have spent more time chasing lap times in practice sessions than I have racing.

Managed to convince a couple of the guys I work with to try it: they are all addicted now as well!

Back