What Grinds your Gears?

• Thread starter MadMike'86
  • 10,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
driftking18594
Creationists.

People who are completely allergic to the use of logic piss me off big time. Just because it's in a 3,000 year-old book written by a wasted Jewish scribe who felt that plagiarising myths from Babylon and Ancient Egypt, doesn't mean it's correct. They thought the Earth was flat and was the centre of the Universe at that time.

I find this very annoying, not because I'm atheist, but because it all is and sounds like a load of 🤬. The purpose of life should be found within.

High-schoolers who walk 10-abreast down the road and don't move when you drive up behind them until you're right there and you have to honk, and then they gawk and shout like it's my fault.

Same here. Also, when a red light turns green and people continue walking like they have 20 minutes to spare on the middle of the road.

The pot-smoking, beer-guzzling, 14-year old dumbasses at my school. And here's why they grind my gears.

-When they BRAG about smoking pot.
-When they BRAG about parties.
-When they go play Black Ops all weekend while I relax to GT and I'm the nerd.
-When they count their merit as how much trouble they've gotten in.
-When they bitch about the "authority" of a teacher
-When they don't know anything because they're imbeciles

Don't even get me started on women...too late.

-When they tan too much! My schools got more oranges than the State of Florida!
-When all they complain about is appearance
-When they gossip
-When they talk about how many dudes they've...you get the point

Addressing above, I don't care about smoking pot. My brother and father have done it. I won't but I can actually have a good conversation with smokers. (I loathe the term "potheads") It's just when people are sitting their going 'yeah dude I got the best [insert weed type] ever last [insert day of the week]"

END OF RANT, PART 2

The pot-smoking, beer-guzzling, 14-year old dumbasses at my school. And here's why they grind my gears.

-When they BRAG about smoking pot.
-When they BRAG about parties.
-When they go play Black Ops all weekend while I relax to GT and I'm the nerd.
-When they count their merit as how much trouble they've gotten in.
-When they bitch about the "authority" of a teacher
-When they don't know anything because they're imbeciles

Don't even get me started on women...too late.

-When they tan too much! My schools got more oranges than the State of Florida!
-When all they complain about is appearance
-When they gossip
-When they talk about how many dudes they've...you get the point

END OF RANT, PART 2

EVERY SINGLE piece of this happens at my school
Hate these people

Part 2:

- Teenagers who say you are a kid just because you don't want to drink beer.
- Teenagers who mock you for drinking something other than beer at a party.
- Those who think they are cool because they smoke.
- Those who think they are cool because they get wasted.
- Girls who are complete sluts.
- Men who disrespect women.
- Teenagers who disrespect elders.
- People complaining about people complaining about a video game.
- People who call everyone that has something bad to say about a video game a "whiner", "fanboy", "troll".
- Those who support the above people.
- People that can't cope with a loss at a football game.
- People who, for no apparent reason, hate the living thing out of Justin Bieber.
- People who interupt other people.
- People who use their cellphones as music players. (Take your music, if you can call it "music", somewhere else)
- People who think they know what you are thinking, and act accordingly.
- People who think they are superior to others just because they have good grades.
- People who think they are smarter than others because they have good grades.
- People who just can't seem to read aloud without making a mistake after every two words.
- Having to dry myself after shower, it seems like it takes ages.
- Rap music (it all seems the same to me).
- Chris Angel "Mindfreak".
- Those who think X thing is the best ever, and they won't change their opinion.

- People who use their cellphones as music players. (Take your music, if you can call it "music", somewhere else)

Well I have to, I don't own a fancy iPod. Not like I play it out loud. I'm dignified and use headphones.

I've got Part 3 here (sorry, my gears are being grinded)

-People who wear hats everywhere
-People who find good grades equal better and smarter
-People who eat noisily. [I'm hypocritical on this]
-People who use the word "legit" when they think it's good [it means "abiding to the law, damnit!]
-People who use the word shady when refering to people
-People who call other people fake.
-People who think rap sucks because of people like Wiz Khalifa and that crap. It's good music as the voice of the streets and people, especially the early 90's stuff.
-People who listen to country 24/7
-Rednecks
-Racism
-People who interrupt me
-Every type of theistic religion (sorry)
-Democracy
-People who don't know why everything I say makes no sense.

END OF PART 3.

lol, just drive fast, and they'll think you're about to splatter them. I'm still in high-school, and when people decide it's a good idea to stand in the middle of the road like that, VVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMM--!!!!

No, the only time I like to get splatter medals is when I play Halo: Reach!:) I'm only first year of university, but I was always smart enough to stick to the sidewalk in high school. I wouldn't want to actually nail them - I'd feel horrible - it just annoys the heck out of me of the ignorance of some people.

You'd think they would be smart enough to move - I give them plenty of time - I just creep up behind them with the vain expectation that they're sorta smart...

TB
^ Joking or not, that's very much not cool, especially in light of recent events.

No worries, TB! I don't get irrational behind the wheel - I'm ALWAYS in control and am aware of any potential consequences of any actions I may or may not take - when I beep the horn it's more for their benefit than mine... I know better than to drive recklessly, especially around others.

Part 2:

1.- Girls who are complete sluts.

2.- Men who disrespect women.

- People who, for no apparent reason, hate the living thing out of Justin Bieber.

1. Why? They're the most fun!

2. Agree.

3. Who's that?

- Teenagers who say you are a kid just because you don't want to drink beer.
- Teenagers who mock you for drinking something other than beer at a party.
- Those who think they are cool because they smoke.
- Those who think they are cool because they get wasted.
- Girls who are complete sluts.
- Men who disrespect women.
- Teenagers who disrespect elders.

I see what you did there...
Remember, "He who laughs last laughs best."

Creationists.

People who are completely allergic to the use of logic piss me off big time. Just because it's in a 3,000 year-old book written by a wasted Jewish scribe who felt that plagiarising myths from Babylon and Ancient Egypt, doesn't mean it's correct. They thought the Earth was flat and was the centre of the Universe at that time.

This

+1

Basically, every person who feels the need to convert me to their religion because it's OMGWTFBBQAWESOME! because its priest and holy scripture say so.

That's why I find it fun to troll creationists. Just watching them post replies like "darn you to heck" while their ameoba-sized brain cooks is the most fun you can have in the comments section of a YouTube video.

Sports athletes making millions of dollars playing a game, meanwhile working people can't afford to feed their families.

- Pop music and how trashy and unartistic it is nowadays. Especially Justin Bieber. I hate Justin Bieber. (sorry Lucas, I have my reasons which I won't share on here because they'll be shot down in a heartbeat. But be happy in the fact that I do have reasons.)
- The incompetence of the U.S. government to do anything right, spend money where they should, and provide for the American people. It's all about spending, socializing everything, and taking our hard earned tax dollars, saying it will be used for good causes like economic stimuli (which are bad plans anyway), and instead putting it all into every (liberal) politicans' salary. This grinds my gears like nothing else.
- Hitting every red light en route to wherever you're going.
- Stupid drivers.
- Pedestrians who you kindly stop for and wave across, and then they take 5 minutes to cross without even acknowledging your gesture.
- The many mindless idiots on the Internet and their many basic grammar and logic mistakes.
- People who hate creationists just because they don't like the belief and use the argument about the Bible being a 3000-year-old book and thus irrelevant. *COUGH* however:
- Creationists and all other religious people who shove their belief down your throat. (For the record, I'm Creationist but I don't shout about it.)
- High school jocks who are extremely stupid and act all tough and cool around everyone and don't do any work and expect an A. Mind you, I know plenty of smart, fun to be around, humble guys who are also very good athletes, I'm just talking about the big, dumb, clueless ones.
- Being assigned next to no homework or projects or anything else and having no after school events for months on end and then in the space of a week or two having lots of after school events you can't miss and a month's workload assigned, all due in the week. Then the teachers wonder why not a lot of people have the homework done and accuse all the kids of being slackers. Ah, high school.
- When school systems (like mine) decide to have school on Veteran's Day and Presidents' Day, in effect blatantly insulting our veterans and Presidents just to save money and get those precious 180 days (or whatever it is) in. When the Pentagon has the day off but your school doesn't, you know something's wrong.
- The fact that nearly everyone I know in high school swears like a sailor and doesn't know any other way of expressing their emotions.
- Daily meals. They waste so much time.
- (Inaccurate) stereotypes. Unless they're meant to be humorous.
- The many different types of annoying people. In my case it's those who are apocalyptically annoying, but don't realize it, think that everyone likes being around them, and thus follow you around everywhere, being annoying. Also people who think they're funny and try to make jokes but are the most unfunny people you know who ruin every joke that is made.
- Having a boring, common last name that if I got rich and made my own company with I couldn't name the company after because it's boring and doesn't sound like a cool company name.
- Being shot in the face with a helicopter equipped with a BB gun. It's annoying.

- People who cannot leave you alone for 5 minutes. We aren't living inside Brave New World or something, please, leave me alone. It's annoying as hell if you keep spamming me asking if "you're there" or something. If I want to talk to you, I will talk to you. Thankfully nobody from here is guilty of this, but some people who I know through PSN and online gaming mostly, are the most annoying people, ever.

- People who add you for seemingly no reason on online gaming, such as PSN. I go into a room, some guy adds me. Are you really that butthurt to add people randomly who join your room?

- People who must follow you around everywhere online. What the hell? Some guy who added me (as above..) thought it'd be a good idea to join every single room in GT5 I'd go to. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy when I cracked the ***** at him, it involved a lot of swearing, so I'll stop there.

- People who add you on Facebook because you're in one of their classes or something, then completely ignore you for the rest of the year. I've been through plenty of cases through school. If you don't like me or something, just don't add me. I don't really care.

- Peds who are listening to ******* music or concentrating on something else when they're on the road. I have come so close to ramming these idiots off the road, mostly because they'll always cross on the red light, and don't look at all before they cross a road. They just stroll across the road as if nothing happened. Worst part is, even if they do the wrong thing, it'll probably be my fault because I'm on my Learner plates.

- People who don't concentrate on driving.. while driving.

- People who think you're stupid and don't understand what they're up to. I'm not stupid, I know exactly what you're trying to do. But am I going to just say it to your face? No.

- People who never return your property. You borrow something as simple as it may be, a pencil during class. Now look, I don't care about how much of value it is to me, but I do expect it back. A good judge of character too, most of the time. A good example of the opposite however, was when a guy borrowed something from me at the end of one year, and actually returned in the next year on the first day. I didn't expect it back, but I can trust that guy with my life just because of a simple deed like this.

- People who can't read body language. This drives me absolutely insane.

- People who only talk to you when they need something from you.

I can forgive and forget. You should really say sorry to my now-blind left eye though.

At least you can get that eye-patch you always wanted...

Me hearty

:P

Well, I'm bored. So off I go ranting...
Crowd: (sarcastic) yay, great, yipee
yeah you better look forward to it

- People who make fun of your appearance
- People who judge you on your appearance
- People who ask why I have long hair (it's okay if they're nice people, but people at my school, jeese)
- People who talk to you only as a last resort
- People with split personalities
- People who tease you for trying
- People who suddenly start being nice to you when they realize you have talent and - could end up being successful
- 80% of the people at my school
- People who only tease you because they know you don't want to fight and are too polite to scream at them
- People who adore you, then start ignoring you for no apparent reason
- The fact I want to get help from someone on my life but don't want to have to make someone else go through me blabbing at them about my problems
- The thing where Australia and NZ seem to pick on each other, though only Australia's picking
- The thing where America and Canada seem to pick on each other, though only America's picking
- People who play music through their phones very loudly
- People who brag about getting drunk, or getting high as a kite
- People living off benefits
- Lazy people
- The recognition going to the wrong people
- People who only do things for attention
- Animal cruelty
- Child abuse
- People who are disrespectful to people's property

END OF FIRST BIG RANT

Crowd: YES, HE'S FINISHED. Celebrate good times come on

WAIT A SECOND

Crowd: aaaawwww, man

Hypocrites grind my gears, done

People who don't use their god damn turn signals.
Sitting at an intersection for 4 minutes longer than I needed to because some guy thought flicking a little stick next to the steering wheel was too much effort.

Also, when people forget to turn their signals off and get pissed at me for cutting them off.

People who support the Anti-Marijuana laws because they buy into the fear mongoring crap made up by politicians and can't do their own research.(The main argument that gets me is that pot causes cancer, even though it doesn't)
Also:
This
Creationists.

I guess most of these can be boiled down to pure ignorance though, so yeah, the one thing that will always grind my gears, is ignorance.

Edit: Trolls

Last edited:
This grinds my gears - "The Customer is always right". The customer is never right.

Vettel/Loeb challenge. In Loeb challenge tracks I'm about a second away from the bronze because the car understeers like fat mama despite of no TCS etc, and I'm not superhuman enough to get even near Vettel challenges time limits. I'm not going to bother myself with those ever again.

This grinds my gears - "The Customer is always right". The customer is never right.

So true.

-People who can't operate train doors
-People who question why I enjoy studying languages
-People who tease me by suggesting that Welsh is a dying language
-People who accuse German of being either 'Pig Latin' or 'Nazi Language'
-That horrid moment when you lose your biscuit in a brew
-Hypocracy
-Lying
-People who shout obscenities at me for having orange hair
-The decline of railways
-The way new cars look
-Contemporary music
-That awkward moment when you mention an elephant in the room and it's hurridly ignored by the accused
-The Conservative Party
-The Labour Party
-The Liberal Democrats
-The dismissal of the Marx Brothers as being unfunny by people who haven't watched them
-Cosmetic Surgery
-People who call call milkshakes, 'thickshakes'
-Not wanting to learn (I know people who think it's boring to expand your knowledge and broaden your horizons)
-Codemasters neither making a new BTCC game nor freeing up the license for someone else

Yes, I can be a rather prickly person, but I'm lovely. Honest! Hmm, I'll have a think of some more things.

TB
^ Joking or not, that's very much not cool, especially in light of recent events.

*stands next to TB inconspicuously, farts silently, walks away*

I'll post pics of both cars tonight, to shut evereyone up. they're in the same parking spot at the moment, so that'll be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back