What have you done to your car today?

IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3791.JPG
Engine and transmission pulled, installing long tube headers, smooth intake hose, shaving down heads, and replacing a head gasket.

I rewired my dashcam.
Instead of having the cable go between the A pillar trim and the weather stripping.
I installed it behind the A Pillar with cable clips.

:mad:

Well I know what I'm doing tomorrow! The shroud on the projector retrofit (Morimoto Mini H1, if you're into lighting) came loose. I have sealant for the housing left over from when I originally did the conversion, I just hope to god it's enough...

EDIT: Fixed... sort of. The rebuild only took an hour, but the oven faded the amber in the turn signal housing even more. I only followed the directions TheRetrofitSource gave me for softening the butyl sealant! I'm going to have to pick up a brand new pair of headlights just to replace that amber cap, but that can wait quite a while. Maybe I'll find amber bulbs in that size for the mean time. New lights would also mean new, flawless lenses for each headlamp unit, so in two or three years, I guess it would make for a worthy investment when these ones are further beat up from the daily abuse of driving behind other cars.

Last edited:
Installed a slimline sub.
Well 85% installed.
The power wiring is done(power wire is disconnected till it is finished)
The RCA leads are fitted but not hidden.
The remote wire is not installed.

But after a quick test it sounds good, man my car needed a decent sub.

Subwoofer is a Vibe CVEN V.
cven_compact_02__56618.1435705110.1000.1000.jpg

Wiring kit is a Nakamichi 2ch
nakamichi-NAK208-amp-wiring-kit-800w-2-channel-frankies__08800.1511242310.1000.1000.jpg

I have a bulky 12" sub and box in my trunk that's on its way out, and I've been thinking about getting something like that to replace it for the sake of cargo space, but I'm worried it won't give me the punch I like. I don't enjoy massive amounts of bass, but I want to feel it a little bit, if that makes sense. Sometimes the 12" with my 200 watt amp was perfect if I had it set just right, other times the artist had the bass tuned too high. If you don't mind, what kind of bass were you after, and how would you say that kit performs?

I have a bulky 12" sub and box in my trunk that's on its way out, and I've been thinking about getting something like that to replace it for the sake of cargo space, but I'm worried it won't give me the punch I like. I don't enjoy massive amounts of bass, but I want to feel it a little bit, if that makes sense. Sometimes the 12" with my 200 watt amp was perfect if I had it set just right, other times the artist had the bass tuned too high. If you don't mind, what kind of bass were you after, and how would you say that kit performs?

I was just after some extra depth to music, I wasnt after DOOF DOOF.
I am still adjusting the gain and boost, getting some clipping
The unit is 120w RMS, 240w Peak.

But you can get 300w RMS, 900w Peak ones.
But they may not sound as good due to the design of the enclosure.

I am no audio pro so it cant really say on how each sub is in terms of sound quality.

I finished installing the kit today, I just did a quick and lasy finish, the cables are not all that hidden

Possible ricer mod? I don't know, the value of urethane bushings here is debatable. New lower control arms do look pretty, though! Undercoating was also starting to peel off the cross member there, so I painted it silver to both avoid rust and to match my front lower control arms...

Said front LCAs from a while back, when I swapped the bushings for urethane. I painted these silver to match the struts, and have just kept going with the theme. When I get around to installing urethane bushings in the rear trailing arms, they'll turn silver, too :P

29620199973_8ae6eeb8c2_c.jpg

Possible ricer mod? I don't know, the value of urethane bushings here is debatable. New lower control arms do look pretty, though! Undercoating was also starting to peel off the cross member there, so I painted it silver to both avoid rust and to match my front lower control arms...

Definitely can be an improvement on some cars, in fact i really need to pick up some soon

Noticed a couple weeks ago that my rotors were probably warped. Took the time to shop around for slotted rotors and nice pads but I got this set of drilled/slotted Stoptech rotors and pads for a nice discount, and went ahead to take the time and paint my calipers. Think it turned out pretty nice.
(yes, i took off/covered the bleeders the paint them, dont freak out)
20180211_183821.jpg

20180211_183751.jpg

Last edited:
Never realized how large the calipers are on those Infinity models.
the sport models are pretty nice size, 4 pot with 14" rotors for the front. Now I think everyone's going to realize how big they are considering they're highlighter yellow, lol

Got the rear brake caliper on my MK3 Supra done. The second I get home it leaks oil and drips coolant. 🤬:banghead: It's always something with this car.

2018-03-24 15.12.00.jpg

Got a spot of bulkhead rust which is common on the later cars so off came the wings to make sure it hadn't got a hold elsewhere.
Dashboard out next......

Then the welder.....:scared:

Rotated the tires and changed out the headlights (I'm almost positive they're the originals).

20180330_104123.jpg

I was curious, and already had a light meter app on my phone, so I checked how bright the old lamps were, both clean and dirty, then checked the new lamps.

Old dirty - 52,654
Old clean - 76,957
New dirty - 74,306
New clean - 110,216

I did notice that there is literally the tiniest spot where you're going to get the highest reading and I likely didn't hit said spot in all four tests. Nonetheless, the new lamps are obviously brighter which is kind of the point. :)

20180401_163309.jpg

All this to remove some soundproofing so that welding can't set fire to anything.
Can't wait to be back behind the wheel.

Finally got around to replacing the hard brake line that some cheap mechanic did a horrible job flaring back when my grandma owned the car. Pumped through most of a bottle bleeding the system but I'm not getting consistent pedal pressure and have to pump them a time or two to get proper pressure.
The master cylinder seems fine. I can pump up pressure, hold and it doesn't drop, so no leaks. The reservoir is still full, so no leaks across the system. My guess is i still have air in the lines, so a second bottle and round of bleeding will happen probably tomorrow.
Next up will be some serious exterior detailing, rust removal and paint.

20180409_182155.jpg

Oil, engine air filter and cabin air filter change in the Kia last night.

The cabin air filter was nasty.

20180522_211142.jpg

Pretty sure it was the original with 83k miles behind it.

Back