What Have You Done Today - (Computer Version)

• Thread starter tlowr4
  • 4,135 comments
Australia
Australia
N/A
N/A
I have seen the "What Have You Done Today", and "What Have You Done To Your Car Today" threads, so I thought I would make one for computers. ;)

Its very simple and just like the other threads:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR COMPUTER TODAY?​

Now tell us. :)

Last edited:
I desperately need to clean the dust filters on my case. Might go do that now :P

Organised my apps folder, Done some Photoshopping and cleaned my glass once again. Oh and done some work in Pages too

Currently running Piriform Defraggler to defrag my C drive and will defrag the D drive later on my laptop.

Removed 3 tonnes of dust from my PC tower yesterday, it now sounds about half as loud...maybe I left it too long :D

I've just put a Photoshop 30-day trial on my laptop as I attempt (and probably fail) to make a Honda Accord skin for rFactor, I'm trying to replicate the Honda Accord skin from the 98 BTCC championship.

I prefer it over the windows 7 defrag because I can actually see a pie chart of the hard drive and it shows you want each block of data. It's easier to use and it does not take much to run. You can even download the portable version on your flash drives and help friends out.

Today I played Just Cause 2 in my IT class. I also brought my 9800 GT graphics card so we could play on one of the dells. We had to hook up a second power supply to the graphics card since it needed a six pin power connector.

Reverted back my Black Menubar to a White one just to clean stuff up. Messed with Adium styles and finally got rid of my text icons in the dock.

I prefer it over the windows 7 defrag because I can actually see a pie chart of the hard drive and it shows you want each block of data. It's easier to use and it does not take much to run. You can even download the portable version on your flash drives and help friends out.

👍

I will shortly be defragging my HDD...

Went in to windows 7 for the first time in a while, felt horrible but I let it index for a little while installed updates and then installed Photoshop CS5.Boy oh boy oh boy

I changed my background from a picture I took along 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach to a picture of the side of a Bugatti EB110.
This one to be exact:
picture.php

Went in to windows 7 for the first time in a while, felt horrible but I let it index for a little while installed updates and then installed Photoshop CS5.Boy oh boy oh boy

Windows 7 is the best! I've got the Ultimate Edition on my Laptop. I don't know if you guys in England had those "I'm a Mac" commercials with Justin Long, but I've noticed that Apple doesn't do those commercials anymore. I guess they can't find anything wrong with 7!

Last edited:
Install openSUSE and then remove it and install Ubuntu 10.04 instead. I am now finding out how to connect to WPA2.

Pulled all the keys off my keyboard to clean the tops and get rid of all the gunk that was floating around underneath them :)

Also scraped the Lightscribe (because it was all dirty and basically a square of brown) and Windows Vista (because I don't use that abomination any more) stickers off the case.

I have dropped part of a dorito into the keyboard of my laptop and can't get it out. :(

Windows 7 is the best! I've got the Ultimate Edition on my Laptop. I don't know if you guys in England had those "I'm a Mac" commercials with Justin Long, but I've noticed that Apple doesn't do those commercials anymore. I guess they can't find anything wrong with 7!

I don't use mac, I use Ubuntu 10.04,

Windows is OK, I did love it because I tested it from Jan 09. But now it just seems too sluggish. I still need it for photoshop and office 2010, Linux just doesn't cut it there :)

Today I got into an invite only forum that is old school text based. http://www.u413.com/ The whole thing looks like that :D

Last edited:
I have dropped part of a dorito into the keyboard of my laptop and can't get it out. :(

Tried the vacuum cleaner?👍

I dropped my Mac-book Pro (over $2000 of machinery:crazy:) from about 4 feet (:eek::scared:) and it still lives on. :sly:

Last edited:
I would not use the vacuum cleaner because it lets out static electricity and that could really fry your laptop. It's better to use a pair of tweezers.

Try a strong magnet??

(I should explain that doritos are not magnetic and doing so would destroy your computer.)

Changed the CPU in my virtualization server from a dual core E6550 to a quad core Q8300.. So far, I'm very very happy!.. (Spend last weekend upgrading Oracle databases which maximised the dual core for about 3-4 hours. That sucked since I use the same virtualization server for the guest I'm writing this on)

I would not use the vacuum cleaner because it lets out static electricity and that could really fry your laptop. It's better to use a pair of tweezers.

Try a strong magnet??

(I should explain that doritos are not magnetic and doing so would destroy your computer.)

What about a brush with long bristles.......or....alternativly buy yourself a pet mouse (a real one that is.....you know the ones on 4 legs. :lol:)

Ok not all today, but a few weeks to buying crap.

New PC.

dsc0053k.jpg

Specs as follows:

CPU - Core i5 750
MB: Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
RAM: 4GB Patriot Gaming DDR3 1600
HDD: 500GB WD
PSU: Coolermaster GX550W
GPU: ATI 5770
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster 212+ Hyper
Fan Controller: Scythe Kaze Master
Chassis: Coolermaster HAF922

The Airflow on this Chassis is just ridiculous. Allows me to get some extremely cool temps for an air cooled system, which means some pretty nice speeds if I want them.

dsc0009t.jpg

The original fan configuration is:

1 x 200mm Front Fan
1 x 120mm CPU Fan
1 x 200mm Top Fan
1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust Fan

I've since added a Side 200mm as well. Am considering adding another 120mm fan to the CPU but not sure if it's worth it yet...we'll see....

dsc0058i.jpg

dsc0057ea.jpg

Someone at Termaltake thought it would be a good idea to measure fan width by the width of the blades rather than the positioning of the mounting holes like everyone else. As such, I was rather pleased when my "200mm" side fan turned out to actually be 170mm, and couldn't fit the mounting holes, fortunately some double sided tape fixed that.

Next purchase is definitely another 5770 for Crossfire. I don't really need it as the 5770 is a brilliant card for the price and almost plays everything on max settings, however, I have a LAN party coming up and I want to look awesome for it.

Working on Mugen and I changed my background from Street Fighter to a clean Impreza Sti taken from the imports thread.

Download and installed a myriad gizmos and gadets... like Rainmeter (any cools skins, guys?). A Windows 7 look-a-like for XP. And a couple Moby Songs... (and more!) and might clean the keyboard tomorrow. Bunch o'crap in there from God knows where...

Back