Digital-Nitrate Lists/Info Links

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
It has been requested that I make this kind of link page. I was not sure what exactly that entails, but this is what I came up with for the time being. If it should look differently, or be located somewhere else, please let me know. Thanks.

NEW
PREVIOUS

THREADS & INFO from OTHERS
Here are several threads that while not in the Sticky FAQS Thread, you might find them quite useful:

* If you find any of their information useful, be sure to let them know by giving them some +REP by clicking on the
check.gif
in each of the posts where you can appreciate the effort or find useful.
👍

One Last Suggestion/Tip: I find there are many members who regularly post very useful threads (far too many to list them all here!). However, one way of quickly finding those threads is to click on their GTP user names and select "View Profile". In their profile you'll see a heading on the left side near the top called "Forum Info". Just below that are two links, "Find all posts by ____" and "Find all threads started by ____". Both of these links, especially the link to the list of all their threads is especially useful for finding info from these members. 👍👍

In addition, I believe Jordan is working on adding the ability to filter out all posts of a specific member in any thread they have been posting in. This will be especially useful for trying to find specific posts from a member who has posted several times in one of the many "mega" threads on GTP. 👍👍

For more info about this "showing ONLY posts in a thread by a specific user" feature click HERE.

This is a great post, DN. Thanks for compiling your links. I'm going to add this to the FAQ sticky at the top, in the vain hope that anyone will actually read it.
👍

UPDATE: Added links to the latest three endurance races against AI drivers equipped with LM type race cars: Both old & new 24hr @ Le Mans races (Le Sarthe II & I), and the Fuji 1000km race.

Automobile
Good job, how about a list of cars which can be equipped with original (ORG) parts? 👍
George Morley has just recently posted such a list:
Be sure to give him some REP so he knows his efforts are appreciated.

BTW: Due to the lack of responses in several of the AI threads, and even fewer REPS (at least one got absolutely ZERO responses, while others only one… from the same interested member), I am only left to assume that with the exception of a small handful of GTP members, no one else finds these threads useful or even interesting.

I made them to help fellow members better understand the AI cars, and help predict possible AI fields so they could not only predict possible race outcomes, but help them pick precisely the best car to use against an AI car that may offer the closest, most challenging race, or to maximize the A-spec points.

Unfortunately, even though most of my testing, which takes the most amount of time, is already finished, compiling all my data and formatting it for this forum still takes a great deal of time.

So if only a few out of thousands of GTP members find them useful I can't see any reason for me to continue to invest my time in making them. :(

PS: It isn’t about the REP points, although that set of steak knives did sound interesting. ;)

I am simply not keen on expending a lot of precious time on something that very few appear to have any interest in.

Don't despair. Although there are 90,000+ registered GTP members, only about 10,000 have ever posted. And of those, only a few thousand post actively at all. So it doesn't mean your work is not useful or appreciated!

I realize the effort and time involved - I've done similar work on other topics. So I can't blame you for feeling this way. Just know that for the people who do use your information regularly, like me, you're a real asset to the forum.

Am I the same intrested member?

I appriciate your work and efforts, I also find the lists very helpful at times, hence why I reply to them saying thanks :)

I've read each of your posts with keen interest, and would love to rep them all, but sadly since I gave you rep the first time I haven't come across enough other peoples quality posts to be able to rep you again. I'm not in the habit of rating large numbers of posts (especially since the majority of posts here are simple one-liners and not worthy of rep) just to be able to go back and give the same member rep again. :guilty: Rest assured you'll be on the receiving end of some whenever it's possible for all this effort and information collected in one place! It's excellent! :cheers:
Quite how this hasn't earned you an extra badge already, I'm not sure. :boggled:
Keep up the good work! 👍

Why are you putting yourself down for taking the time out of your busy schedule to fulfill the needs of others so they can be happy with getting information about the game and stuff that you came up with? I think what you do in this forum is the bomb :D 👍 You should not give up because only one or two people actually commend you on a wonderful job. I'm not upset because my threads haven't gotten any recognition anymore.

But anyway, +REP for you pal and keep these reviews coming. I really love reading them and using them as reasearch for races and endurances :D

Digital, do not think that this post was a useless and unnecessary one. I for one will get plenty of use out of it, and I know others will too. +REP 👍

Thanks all. I will certainly take all of your comments in consideration, and hope that many silent members are also finding these AI threads useful.

Have finally been able to give you the quality post tick for this incredible compendium of information! :D 👍
Keep up the great work, there's many of us around here who appreciate what you've done and will make great use of your hard work. :cheers:

Well, I am an interested reader of your stuff, but I´m not really that fast with the +REP thingy. I rarely use it at all! But trust me, I do read alot of the stuff you post, even though it isn´t that useful to me, since our GT4 copies seem to differ greatly in AI capabilities! But it is still interesting reading, and the ability to sort of create your own competition is always useful.

What I´m saying is, that you should not despair simply because you can´t actually see that people read what you post, because I assume there are more people like me here at GTP!

.....What I´m saying is, that you should not despair simply because you can´t actually see that people read what you post, because I assume there are more people like me here at GTP!

Actually you can, kind of. If you keep an eye on the number of views your post has had, rather than the number of replies, and you assume that around half the people who view a thread take the time to read things fully, you can get a rough idea of how much use it has been to people. 👍
Well, that's the way I look at it anyway. :dopey:

.... It isn’t about the REP points, although that set of steak knives did sound interesting.

That set of steak knives is not going to happen considering the clamp down on security nowadays. But I believe that if you look carefully you will probably notice that something else was given to you that allows you (amongst other things you can now do) to see a forum that most members cannot see. :)

Now chew on that for a while and if you still haven't figured out what it is drop me a PM. 👍

And to all other members that have figured out what it is..... dont tell him.:grumpy:

AMG.

No, please don't ztrat korrekting my spelling mistakes.....

What does ztrat korrekting mean? :lol:

Updated List.

That set of steak knives is not going to happen considering the clamp down on security nowadays.
:( Darn terrorists ruin it for everyone! :grumpy:

But I believe that if you look carefully you will probably notice that something else was given to you that allows you (amongst other things you can now do) to see a forum that most members cannot see. :)

Now chew on that for a while and if you still haven't figured out what it is drop me a PM. 👍
💡 Is this like getting the key to the executive washroom? :sly:

BTW: Thanks for all the great comments.... and the "key"... now to find out what secret doors it might open! :)

I believe that if you look carefully you will probably notice that something else was given to you that allows you (amongst other things you can now do) to see a forum that most members cannot see. :)

AMG.
+ rep for a very kind gesture of appreciation! Thanks for supporting GTPlanet and a quality member at the same time.

I really appreciate all the info that you have given D-N, I remember you were quite helpful from the begining 👍

It's really odd that you haven't got that QP Badge yet....perhaps you'll get another badge

This is the kind of member GTP needs right now. 👍

Ciao!

I really appreciate all the info that you have given D-N, I remember you were quite helpful from the begining 👍

It's really odd that you haven't got that QP Badge yet...
He's close. And yes, he's the kind of member that GTP always needs. 👍

Latest Posts

Back