What is missing from GT7 in your opinion?

• Thread starter Uncreative
  • 156 comments
What's missing? Er, a healthy aspect of racing.
So far this game is so limited, dull and boring.

AI are shambolic and are there to just impede you. That needs fixing.

Car customisation is a joke and very limited too. That needs fixing.

The Championships are dull and insipid and are in need of a random track generator everytime you enter them. That needs fixing.

The current circuits have a very limited scope for racing. Some circuits only have one competition event. That needs fixing.

The cars are all mostly the same as ever, brought over from previous games with only a few new additions, maybe. This game has not brought in much of anything else. That needs fixing.

One last thing, l tend to fall asleep when l race in this game. I fixed that. I don't play it much anymore.

• Autumn Ring
  • Apricot Hill
  • Cape Ring
  • Cote d Azur
  • Eiger Nordwand
  • Twin Ring Motegi
  • Silverstone
  • Seatle
  • Rome Circuit
  • London Circuit
  • Madrid Circuit
  • Sierra Circuit
  • Grand Valley speedway

Why so much difficulty in adding the original circuits of the franchise, since they do not require licensing or on-site digitization?
  • Red Rock Valley
  • Grand Valley
  • El Capitan
  • Autumn Ring
  • Midfield
  • Gridenwald
  • Apricot Hill
  • Special Stage Route 5 & 11

These circuits should be mandatory and already available in advance, at launch. It would be like releasing Street Fighter without Ryu, Ken, Chun-li and Guile.
PD work too slow probably and have their own ideas they want to work on or in our case waste time on.

Many of the suggestions will need to come out for GT8/9 and require some transformation in how the game is made to appear before it's too late. GT7 is really GT Sport 2 that needs building up again like the previous one.

It's really time for Sony/PD to take a good look at where this is all going, what the fans want, look at Kaz's age, the players ages and lets get the content made instead of never or in 2042.

The move to HD for PD has been such a painfull labourious task it's getting close to 20 years since GT4. They really should've brought in the dev team that made Driveclub/Motorstorm to help out GT with the incredible weather they already had, brilliant track/environment creation and let them make the older tracks and help bringing a full GT7 up to date and worthy of the full name moniker plus make a spinoff ala Forza Horizon.

The AI constantly driving over you on the last two laps of a 1hr race has killed some of my interest in this.
Will find out this weekend whether a league can work with a broken Sport lobby.

These should be simple fixes. If it aint broke don't fix it. The Sport lobby system could have been brought over.
Very frustrating. Tempted now to invest in ACC.

The best thing that can happen for us GT fans is for Forza 8 to be released soon. I have no doubt that Forza 8 will come with incredible content (tracks and cars). This will be important to put pressure on the PD, as surely the fan base will react and charge for more content. Perhaps, Hermen Hulst and Sony will start to wake up and demand more work from the PD or even hire more employees and increase the budget (after all, I don't know what the problem would be because of so much slowness and little content).

Last edited:
It's missing for me :

• Races and championship. More races, more championships plain and simple to do really, I struggle to understand what's so hard in setting up a race, they could probably even program an event generator, it's not like the AI is perfectly balanced anyway.
  • They need to significantly increase custom and online races payout too, to a point where it's interesting to do them.
  • They need to get rid of the unique part in roulette and offer them as weekly things you can buy, maybe only one unit at time, like we had in gts if they want them to remain rare. Like a shop, selling 1 weight reduction 5, 1 tubro, 1 titanium shaft, 1 type of engine, etc.. and it rotate each week.
  • Since it's a collection game, you should earn something when you collect all cars from a manufacturer. Manufacturer AI races would be nice too, could open up once you collect all cars.
  • More missions and make them repeatable. There's no reason except greed that you can't repeat them for the same payout. Maybe give a first time clear bonus if they want.
  • Leaderboard, lots of leaderboard, again super easy to make.
  • More daily races, with some actually changing dailies like we had in gts before they changed it.

The best thing that can happen for us GT fans is for Forza 8 to be released soon. I have no doubt that Forza 8 will come with incredible content (tracks and cars). This will be important to put pressure on the PD, as surely the fan base will react and charge for more content. Perhaps, Hermen Hulst and Sony will start to wake up and demand more work from the PD or even hire more employees and increase the budget (after all, I don't know what the problem would be because of so much slowness and little content).
FM6 and 7 have been hot garbage on wheel, I dont see 8 suddently getting things right

Missing from game:
Proper FFB ( presently unfinished and unreliable )
Damage modell
Cars should get dirt during races ( wind screen ). That would be very realistic.
We need much more new tracks. What we have now those are very boring already 🙄
We need much more challenges, new races, etc. There is no reason to play the game anymore.
Gr2 races, gr1 races
More kind of daily races.
More extreme tuning parts to build extreme cars

Two most important things: proper FFB and much more tracks!!!

I think the amount of circuits is much more important to the lifespan of GT7 than anything else. PD needs to bring a diverse continental distribution of circuits.

Imagine, for example, a South American League. In addition to Interlagos, the PD could add the Autódromo de Brasilia, and the Argentines Potrero de Los Funes and Oscar y Galvez. And one more fictional South American circuit could be added, perhaps in the city of Santiago, Bogota or Montevideo. A South American league could be made with running points, qualifying races, five rounds with original and fictitious circuits. At each race finish, you could save your championship.

The same reasoning applies to other continents and countrys to create new leagues.

After GT7 had more than 70 circuits (not counting alternative layouts and reverse mode) it would also make a world league with more than 20 rounds with a huge prize pool. All this in single player mode.

Last edited:
PD work too slow probably and have their own ideas they want to work on or in our case waste time on.

Many of the suggestions will need to come out for GT8/9 and require some transformation in how the game is made to appear before it's too late. GT7 is really GT Sport 2 that needs building up again like the previous one.

It's really time for Sony/PD to take a good look at where this is all going, what the fans want, look at Kaz's age, the players ages and lets get the content made instead of never or in 2042.

The move to HD for PD has been such a painfull labourious task it's getting close to 20 years since GT4. They really should've brought in the dev team that made Driveclub/Motorstorm to help out GT with the incredible weather they already had, brilliant track/environment creation and let them make the older tracks and help bringing a full GT7 up to date and worthy of the full name moniker plus make a spinoff ala Forza Horizon.
Except GT7 is GTS on the backend other than licencing there is nothing keeping them from importing a track like Silverstone from GTS. They want to slow drip content for some reason but have already lost the vast majority of initial players :/

Except GT7 is GTS on the backend other than licencing there is nothing keeping them from importing a track like Silverstone from GTS. They want to slow drip content for some reason but have already lost the vast majority of initial players :/
Silverstone wasn't in GTS either, for some reason.

I recall seeing a post on here that stated that the DTM license is very restricted, which would suck if true as I personally love the C-Class DTM and feel like it's a very overlooked ca
As far as I know, DTM, WTCR, WTCC and ADAC GT Masters are exclusively licensed to Race Room, a free-to-play PC only racing simulator.

people say the weather is excellent in gt7 and it's true that the weather is pretty damn good and looks good too, even if the drying line is predetermined (not that big of a deal). but it's massively cheapened and made to feel pointless, because it's not utilised in the daily races. people have said how cool and fun the championship races which utilised the weather, but they are not bothering in daily races?

but more importantly, it's not even on every track, and neither is a day / night cycle. so arguably the best new feature of GT7 is largely missing from the game

people say the weather is excellent in gt7 and it's true that the weather is pretty damn good and looks good too, even if the drying line is predetermined (not that big of a deal). but it's massively cheapened and made to feel pointless, because it's not utilised in the daily races. people have said how cool and fun the championship races which utilised the weather, but they are not bothering in daily races?

but more importantly, it's not even on every track, and neither is a day / night cycle. so arguably the best new feature of GT7 is largely missing from the game
I have studied this weather algorithm and the playing out of it, and in most cases it's too prescribed.
Also, the fuel capacity and tyre wear of cars in races is just ridiculous.
So, what with the weather system too, it just adds yet another element by PD to try and entertain you with a challenge. Because otherwise, there is no challenge in racing, in this game.

To me, this game has shown up PD in how lazy they are in programming a respectable racing simulator.
The whole game just smacks of sheer laziness and a total lack of vision.

How many years have elapsed now? And yet we're getting the same old hackneyed game.

What's worse, is how they tried to fleece everyone with microtransactions in a game that is dull, insipid, boring and coma-inducing.

Last edited:
Why so much difficulty in adding the original circuits of the franchise, since they do not require licensing or on-site digitization?
  • Red Rock Valley
  • Grand Valley
  • El Capitan
  • Autumn Ring
  • Midfield
  • Gridenwald
  • Apricot Hill
  • Special Stage Route 5 & 11

These circuits should be mandatory and already available in advance, at launch. It would be like releasing Street Fighter without Ryu, Ken, Chun-li and Guile.
The short answer is modelling time.

The cars appear in the garage and photo scenes, so they have been high res since prologue. The in game cars were lower levels of detail.

The tracks are all in game so the ones before GTS are all lower resolution and need a redo.

Seattle & El Capitain!!!! .. I loved those tracks!

& also, just as a slight reminder of what's missing..

.. think about it..

NW.
Wow, what an awesome trip down memory lane. So many great tracks that were a lot f fun and some that were very challenging to master. Some that jump off the list for me was Swiss Alps, Infineon, SS5, Tokyo, Autumn Ring and Grand Valley. I used Autumn Ring and Grand Valley all the time to develop baselines and set up improvements. Would be happy to see many of those GT4 tracks again.

FM6 and 7 have been hot garbage on wheel, I dont see 8 suddently getting things right
By time the next forza motorsport releases, it will probably have been in development for 5-6 years. By far the longest development cycle of any forza game to date. With all that time, one would think its gonna be a completely different beast compared to fm5-7.

Last edited:
By time the next forza motorsport releases, it will probably have been in development for 5-6 years. By far the longest development cycle of any forza game to date. With all that time, one would think its gonna be a completely different beast compared to fm5-7.
I loved FM4, I first race online in it and had a lots of fun doing it so I'm really hoping for T10 to deliver but hey having bought FM 6 and 7 thinking they would fix stuff from 5 and 6, I'm done believing, Ill wait and see this time around.

After this game I won't be buying another GT game so 8/9 are far too late for me. This franchise has honestly underperformed since GT5 and the decline has sadly hit rock bottom. This whole game seems like a direct port of Sport. It's lazy, outdated in many ways, and lacks key content that gamers here are asking for. It's sad that this great franchise is at where it is at.

Direction

The gane is missing a proper game director. Kaz isn't doing it, or if that is his job, he's terrible at it.

Look no further that the replay. I can play this "music replay" which should have been an option off the regular replay at best, but I can't load my ghost.... It is 2022 and this game shipped without the ability to load your ghost lap..... My mind is boggled.

Last edited:
In one word, depth. Single player, multiplayer and sport mode are all in desperate need of this. Throwing more content at the game is worthless when the fundamentals of it already suck. We still can’t even change the track in the multiplayer lobbies.

Last edited:
In one word, depth. Single player, multiplayer and sport mode are all in desperate need of this. Throwing more content at the game is worthless when the fundamentals of it already suck. We still can’t even change the track in the multiplayer lobbies.
Yep. This game infuriates me.

How about an FXXK cup? Or what a out a track car cup featuring BoP FXXK vs Zonda R vs P1 GTR?

There is no purpose to most of the game. It's just stuff with no rhyme or reason.

Oh, but they spent time on Prewar cars and made them unobtainably expensive, so almost no one can appreciate the work that was done.

Back