What is missing from GT7 in your opinion?

• Thread starter Uncreative
  • 156 comments
With all the valid, insightful, knowledgeable, and deep awareness of what once was and what should be in these posts, on this thread (l hope PD are reading), by comparison the next update will show how tame and yet still lacking maybe, PD's vision will be?!

Watch out!!! This game is already by far redundant!!

Last edited:
The short answer is modelling time.

The cars appear in the garage and photo scenes, so they have been high res since prologue. The in game cars were lower levels of detail.

The tracks are all in game so the ones before GTS are all lower resolution and need a redo.
Yes. We know it is due to the modeling time. But the underlying question within the rhetoric is: Why are the beloved and famous classic tracks that were modeled in GT6, a game from ten years ago, still not modeled for GT7?

Do we see humble developers like Milestone and Slighty Mad delivering an important amount of real tracks, while PD can't even model the dummy tracks themselves? Anyway, why so much delay? Why such a slow and fruitless work in terms of track content?

I assume that, with the budget and patience that Sony offers, in addition to the ease of working for just one platform, in theory, PD has much better working conditions to deliver a greater number of cars and tracks to the consumer than any other developer competitor.

Last edited:
Missing from game:
Proper FFB ( presently unfinished and unreliable )
Damage modell
Cars should get dirt during races ( wind screen ). That would be very realistic.
We need much more new tracks. What we have now those are very boring already 🙄
We need much more challenges, new races, etc. There is no reason to play the game anymore.
Gr2 races, gr1 races
More kind of daily races.
More extreme tuning parts to build extreme cars

Two most important things: proper FFB and much more tracks!!!
Agree with the FFB part of this. My wheel settings are unchanged from Sport but the wheel was unusable on tracks like
Spa and Monza where the wheel would suddenly and violently vibrate itself to death on the chicanes, no matter what was tried.
I've had to dial down the FFB in game to a fraction of what it was and in the process lost the feel that the wheel had in Sport.

An absolute cluster**** from PD.

As far as I know, DTM, WTCR, WTCC and ADAC GT Masters are exclusively licensed to Race Room, a free-to-play PC only racing simulator.
Some people say that. In concrete terms, does Sector3 really hold the exclusivity of the commercial exploitation of all DTM seasons cars? I looked on the Sector3 website and on the DTM and, if my eyes hadn't betrayed me, I didn't find any information about it, something like "exclusive".
I have studied this weather algorithm and the playing out of it, and in most cases it's too prescribed.
Also, the fuel capacity and tyre wear of cars in races is just ridiculous.
So, what with the weather system too, it just adds yet another element by PD to try and entertain you with a challenge. Because otherwise, there is no challenge in racing, in this game.

To me, this game has shown up PD in how lazy they are in programming a respectable racing simulator.
The whole game just smacks of sheer laziness and a total lack of vision.

How many years have elapsed now? And yet we're getting the same old hackneyed game.

What's worse, is how they tried to fleece everyone with microtransactions in a game that is dull, insipid, boring and coma-inducing.
In my pointless opinion, SONY urgently needs to set up a powerful PD branch in Europe and try to bring together the greatest talents from Codemasters, Kunos, Milestone, Sector3 and Slighty Mad. Another vision, another mentality, another culture. I'm sure it would add a lot to Yamauchi's work. That is, assuming he was willing to delegate tasks and bosses to produce a great game.

Last edited:
Whats missing in GT7:

• A ton of races. 2 Months since release and I still cannot use any of my group-C or F1 cars in any races? What the heck is going on???
  • A lot of the old Gran Turismo staple cars. Toyota TS020, Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car, Toyota 88C-V (Minolta) etc.
  • Twisty and tight technical tracks - City tracks
  • Better FFB
  • The option to upload and use your own music for replays etc.
  • The option to sell your cars
  • Half of the career mode is obviously missing. All the 800+ PP car stuff that probably would have required the S-license is missing.
  • Pikes Peak, Apricot Hill Raceway, Grand Valley Speedway, Rome......
  • The car selection is obviously extremely limited and needs to be addressed.
I am trying really hard to love GT7 but there are so many things missing, it feels like a diet version of what it should have been.

Last edited:
Better payments
More variety of cars and types of cars
More tracks
More events like e.c. championships (on line and off line) with multi class events
More real world Tunning houses
Sell autioning or gift your cars

Last edited:
Working online lobbies!!!

This must be adapted with the highest priority. In GTS, this was solved almost perfectly. It is incomprehensible why this has not been adapted to GT7.

Last edited:
It would be great to add opportunity to save Custom Races, create champs with several races and share with other players.
Custom race editor is a great opportunity to create interestin events, but I don't think that a lot of players use it often. It gets a lot of time to create race with 19 opponents with cars from garage (all cars can use manual setup). It's not cool to spend 10 minutes w/o oppotunity to save race conditions for 15-20 minutes race.

Whats missing in GT7:

• A ton of races. 2 Months since release and I still cannot use any of my group-C or F1 cars in any races? What the heck is going on???
  • A lot of the old Gran Turismo staple cars. Toyota TS020, Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car, Toyota 88C-V (Minolta) etc.
  • Twisty and tight technical tracks - City tracks
  • Better FFB
  • The option to upload and use your own music for replays etc.
  • The option to sell your cars
  • Half of the career mode is obviously missing. All the 800+ PP car stuff that probably would have required the S-license is missing.
  • Pikes Peak, Apricot Hill Raceway, Grand Valley Speedway, Rome......
  • The car selection is obviously extremely limited and needs to be addressed.
I am trying really hard to love GT7 but there are so many things missing, it feels like a diet version of what it should have been.
If we compare with GT Sport Updates...
1.13 update incleded 12 new cars (!!!), 4 layouts (!!!) and events:
1. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
  ・ Beginner’s League “Stars & Stripes”
  ・ Amateur League “Vision Gran Turismo Trophy”
  ・ Professional League “F1500 Championship”
  ・ “Sunday Cup” Round 6 and 7
  ・ “Clubman Cup" Round 6
  ・ “Premium Sport Lounge“ Round 4 and 5
  ・ ”Porsche Cup” Round 2
 - "Monza Circuit" has been added to the “Circuit Experience”.

It seems like Kaz is tired and not really interested in big updates. Players write that it's boring, there is no nothing to do, and PD added only 3 events for 1 race (SPA) in 1.13 update. They should add 20 events as minimum right now to save the game for fans. It's cutted w/o events for GT1, all super-cars. And even exist events included only 2-3-4 races. For example there are only 4 GR3 events. I don't think a reason not to add 10-15 Gr3 races, it's fun.

Last edited:
The cars appear in the garage and photo scenes, so they have been high res since prologue. The in game cars were lower levels of detail.
In races, the decals on your car get compressed enough that you can barely make out what some are supposed to be. At this point they should just let you upload png decals because there isn't that much of a difference.

Working online lobbies!!!

This must be adapted with the highest priority. In GTS, this was solved almost perfectly. It is incomprehensible why this has not been adapted to GT7.
There is a real need. In the first few weeks I was able to overlook it and assumed that it would be fixed quickly. But now that everything is done in the single player, I want functioning online lobbies! What's so difficult about that?

I assume that, with the budget and patience that Sony offers, in addition to the ease of working for just one platform, in theory, PD has much better working conditions to deliver a greater number of cars and tracks to the consumer than any other developer competitor.
I think one problem is budget. It seems to me that Sony is saying that the budget is high to maintain appearances, but the reality says otherwise.

Many of the premium cars of prologue/GT5/6 are in the game, but why not all? What's the issue? Is it the pittance of a licensing fee? The time it took to model the prewar cars would be better spent importing the long list of cars from past games.

I'll take the Alfa Romeo Zagato TZ3 over any of the prewar cars.

Last edited:
I would love to see.....

- Server hosted lobbies that cycle through different tracks with a particular car type. I'd like to join with a bunch of like-minded Gr3 drivers and play track after track..... not entirely player hosted lobbies that get shut/kicked mid-race the whole time.

- A career mode.... I know Cafe was the big idea, I just didnt feel invested in the fake personalities in the least.

- More vehicle classes like the N-x00 in GT Sport. Despite all its different cars, GT7 races are GR2, 3, 4 or "specified car". Which just cuts down on the variety.

- A nice quick chat system like GT-Sport had.... with tagging player names rather than having to type them.... it was sooo easy!

- Pikes Peak

- Precision Rally driving/handling much more like the WRC, rather than sliding around massive wider tracks.

I would love to see.....

- Server hosted lobbies that cycle through different tracks with a particular car type. I'd like to join with a bunch of like-minded Gr3 drivers and play track after track..... not entirely player hosted lobbies that get shut/kicked mid-race the whole time.
100000000000000000%

It is such an easy win. There is enough content in the game for a different daily combination... FOREVER.

If the just did a daily cup race, cycling through all the cars, there's over a year of different races. Mix the PP, Tuning vs no tuning, etc, etc... There's tons of potential content.

But, they've decided to put no effort in, sooooo 🤮

There's no coherence to the cars and tracks we have. How is "more" going to help anything?
You tell me if a game where 98% of the car list is the same as what people got at the end of GTS' life (with a few nostalgia pandering cars thrown into the mix) and the entirety of GTS's track list barring one returning track and two butchered fantasy tracks is enough content.

You tell me if a game where 98% of the car list is the same as what people got at the end of GTS' life (with a few nostalgia pandering cars thrown into the mix) and the entirety of GTS's track list barring one returning track and two butchered fantasy tracks is enough content.
Given that most of the cars will get 0 miles/km on them, because there's no point or place to use them, yes, there's enough at the moment.

If they gave you MAWR, what would you do with it?

Last edited:
These posts boggle my mind....

There's no coherence to the cars and tracks we have. How is "more" going to help anything?

I tried to keep it simple, apologies for the mind boggling. Essentially there is scant explanation or reason for the lack of cars developed between 2018-22 save for a few examples. More cars.

There’s not necessarily a lack of tracks per se but I believe there are omissions which PD have the intellectual property and or licensing rights to which I would like to see make a return to the game. More tracks.

I hope this clears things up.

I tried to keep it simple, apologies for the mind boggling. Essentially there is scant explanation or reason for the lack of cars developed between 2018-22 save for a few examples. More cars.

There’s not necessarily a lack of tracks per se but I believe there are omissions which PD have the intellectual property and or licensing rights to which I would like to see make a return to the game. More tracks.

I hope this clears things up.
What I meant was that the game experience is so shallow and ham fisted that adding more to the mix does little to help.

I mean, they managed to forget to use a majority of their own content, so I think direction is a bit of a problem. There's also a sense of style and flair missing. They ditched the cool artstyles we've come to associate with each different series. It seems like a really minor thing but from a game design perspective the artwork is there to create excitement to do the event and to make it enticing. The artwork for individual events in GT7 is so homogeneous that it makes the events all seem the same. The presentation of this game is very unimaginative, and also functionally worse than it was in previous games. And it's not even that they can't do it anymore, they did it in GT Sport just fine.

Back