What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
The Amuse 380RS SuperLeggera made my 4hrs at the Nurb enjoyable.

Just because it had the word "SuperLeggera" in it made the experience so much more awesome. :dopey:

I did this in a Mclaren F1 modified to GTR specs. Racing Medium tyres.

Stage 2 weight reduction
Power limited to 600bhp
Aero Modification (max downforce set front/rear)
Transmission + drivetrain mods (215mph top end)
Full custom suspension

Initially I ran on sports softs, but they died almost instantly, so then I tried racing hards which also died almost instantly, then I thought... why not.. and moved to racing mediums... they lasted 4 laps. So that was good enough for me, I got into the lead very early and just took it easy generally trying to keep my tyres alive.

Fastest lap was a 7:47 on lap 14 but for the most part I was running around 8:05 to keep my tyres in one piece. Its hard to get a fast lap in this race because you really really pay for it further on in the tyre stint, plus you're always on old tyres by time you have finished your pit out lap, so you don't have the fresh rubber anyway.

Towards the end of the race I found myself making mistakes more often and i put the car into the wall a few times after the first 2 hours, I also got extremely annoyed at the AI who feel the need to swerve all over the road on straights. Passing some of the much slower cars more than once resulted in me flying off the track because they swerved into me as i passed them.

Great fun race but it really grinded me, even though i love the car there was really no challenge, so It seemed like a 4hour time trial session with a few cars causing me to crash and tyres that were 50% of the time totally shagged.

I find the best way to manage tires in this game is not to floor the loud pedal in second and sometimes 3rd but do it as if i was actually driving and use half then 3/4 throttle it'll buy you at least 1 if not 2 laps.

For those of you like me, who think "lets get it over and done with", but still want to keep the spirit of the race, without abussing the competition by using the F1 car or even the Red Bull Race Car, listen... :)

You need to get yourselves to the Mitsubishi Dealership and right out a cheque for 35,700 of the finest of your moneys to purchase the Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05. Take that to the Tuning Shop and spend some more of your hard earned wonga to modify it right up and once done, on your way back to the Nurburgring, pop in the GT Auto to exchange the last of your 175,000 pennies to get the Race Modification for it.

Trust me, this car looks and drives like not many others around this track. On soft racing tyres will do you 4 laps easily, 5 laps if you push me. The rear tyres, could probably go 7/8 laps without any worries. This car has so much grip, runs the curves like no other and relentlessly will do 28 laps, without blinking an eye, in just under 4 hours.

The S2000 GT1 will give you a run for your money the first 4/5 laps, but once she falls off her tyres on lap 6, you'll build yourself a 30 seconds cushion, which if used with sense, will turn into a 5:45 minutes at the end of the 4 hours.

So, you've heard it, now... go and do it! :)

29xewd3.jpg

For those of you like me, who think "lets get it over and done with", but still want to keep the spirit of the race, without abussing the competition by using the F1 car or even the Red Bull Race Car, listen... :)

You need to get yourselves to the Mitsubishi Dealership and right out a cheque for 35,700 of the finest of your moneys to purchase the Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05. Take that to the Tuning Shop and spend some more of your hard earned wonga to modify it right up and once done, on your way back to the Nurburgring, pop in the GT Auto to exchange the last of your 175,000 pennies to get the Race Modification for it.

Trust me, this car looks and drives like not many others around this track. On soft racing tyres will do you 4 laps easily, 5 laps if you push me. The rear tyres, could probably go 7/8 laps without any worries. This car has so much grip, runs the curves like no other and relentlessly will do 28 laps, without blinking an eye, in just under 4 hours.

The S2000 GT1 will give you a run for your money the first 4/5 laps, but once she falls off her tyres on lap 6, you'll build yourself a 30 seconds cushion, which if used with sense, will turn into a 5:45 minutes at the end of the 4 hours.

So, you've heard it, now... go and do it! :)

29xewd3.jpg

Yes, this is the way to go. I tried a few minutes against the Amuse GT1 Turbo and the Amuse was not too far behind. Then i tried it one lap against the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 and it was a fight (i made a few mistakes of course).
I don`t think i will win against the Audi but i really must try. I may have to drive dirty to keep it behind me. Don`t know about the pitting habits of the LMS, don`t even know how my tires will hold up but this feels like a battle all the way.

After the race modification i fully tuned it (with racing softs). If not, i know i have not got a fighting chance against the LMS.

Many thanks for this suggestion, it`s great.

Bigbazz

Stage 2 weight reduction
Power limited to 600bhp
Full custom suspension

Initially I ran on sports softs, but they died almost instantly, so then I tried racing hards which also died almost instantly, then I thought... why not.. and moved to racing mediums... they lasted 4 laps. So that was good enough for me, I got into the lead very early and just took it easy generally trying to keep my tyres alive.

Fastest lap was a 7:47 on lap 14 but for the most part I was running around 8:05 to keep my tyres in one piece. Its hard to get a fast lap in this race because you really really pay for it further on in the tyre stint, plus you're always on old tyres by time you have finished your pit out lap, so you don't have the fresh rubber anyway.

Towards the end of the race I found myself making mistakes more often and i put the car into the wall a few times after the first 2 hours, I also got extremely annoyed at the AI who feel the need to swerve all over the road on straights. Passing some of the much slower cars more than once resulted in me flying off the track because they swerved into me as i passed them.

Great fun race but it really grinded me, even though i love the car there was really no challenge, so It seemed like a 4hour time trial session with a few cars causing me to crash and tyres that were 50% of the time totally shagged.

This^

In lemans, this is a fun car to use, but more extensive modifications are needed to keep up (generally maxed out), and tranny set to between 240-260 and POSSIBLY less downforce.

Yes, this is the way to go. I tried a few minutes against the Amuse GT1 Turbo and the Amuse was not too far behind. Then i tried it one lap against the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 and it was a fight (i made a few mistakes of course).
I don`t think i will win against the Audi but i really must try. I may have to drive dirty to keep it behind me. Don`t know about the pitting habits of the LMS, don`t even know how my tires will hold up but this feels like a battle all the way.

After the race modification i fully tuned it (with racing softs). If not, i know i have not got a fighting chance against the LMS.

Many thanks for this suggestion, it`s great.

Cheers mate :)
To get off to a good start against the S2000 GT1, you gotta get the first few laps spot on, as if not, it will give you a very hard time, then when you first pit at the end of lap 4, all being well, you'll come out just behind it, but you're on fresh rubber and it's not, so take full advantage and pass it before the end of lap 5, when it pits. Then, you've gained yourself a free pit-stop, easy said and done, hey :)
I found this car relentless around the ring, as with full concentration, I was banging 8:15 lap after lap after lap...
It was a plesure to do the race 👍
Good luck and enjoy it!

I had fun with the M3 GTR around 380-400 HP. I forgot that I had a 15 kg of weight on the front so I was burning too much rubber on the front compare to the rear. I usually pit on the fourth, but to push it to the limit, I do 5-6. Don't put full on gas, just put bit by bit everytime you pit so you won't lose much time.

Cheers mate :)
To get off to a good start against the S2000 GT1, you gotta get the first few laps spot on, as if not, it will give you a very hard time, then when you first pit at the end of lap 4, all being well, you'll come out just behind it, but you're on fresh rubber and it's not, so take full advantage and pass it before the end of lap 5, when it pits. Then, you've gained yourself a free pit-stop, easy said and done, hey :)
I found this car relentless around the ring, as with full concentration, I was banging 8:15 lap after lap after lap...
It was a plesure to do the race 👍
Good luck and enjoy it!

I`m worried when taking on the Audi LMS it will be gone for good after i enter the pits for the first time. What are your thoughts on this? You`ve done the entire race against the best Amuse. Is the Audi too much? I`m really not that good a driver, average i guess.

I`m worried when taking on the Audi LMS it will be gone for good after i enter the pits for the first time. What are your thoughts on this? You`ve done the entire race against the best Amuse. Is the Audi too much? I`m really not that good a driver, average i guess.

No need to fear them mate. The Lancer will clock you 8:15 or 8:25 if you're not that good... but still enough to beat them.
Laps 5/10/15/20 etc are crucial, as they fall off their tyres and that's where you make the time.
At the start, by the time you enter the old ring, you have to be first and build a little lead in the first 4 laps. Normally they don't start on pole, so they get held up by other cars and until they overtake them, you're gone and there's your chance :)
I finish the race 5:45 ahead of them and it coulda been even more time, but I slowed down my last lap to finish just above the 4 hours, without having to do an extra lap, if you know want I mean.
Try it, it's a fun race... not like Tsukuba 4 hours in a MX-5 :(

Thanks for the input guys. I need a day off from work. Because usually i only have one hours or maybe 2 a day. I do not want to pause the game that long. Especially with my daugther around. She might press the lighted buttons of the PS3 again like she did when my Bob drove the same enduro for the third time without me saving in between ....
I`m psyched for this race!

One last question. Should i up the top speed of the Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 by 20 km/h?

Good luck and I know the feeling with little ones pressing flashing buttons :)
With regard to the speed, just keep it right under 200mph (I think the settings will be something like 199mph), as you'll need that for the Nurburgring Castle straight just before the end of the lap 👍

Good luck and I know the feeling with little ones pressing flashing buttons :)
With regard to the speed, just keep it right under 200mph (I think the settings will be something like 199mph), as you'll need that for the Nurburgring Castle straight just before the end of the lap 👍

if the car is not good at turning, tune for best top speed in the main straight, up to 220 (possibly 235-240 [400kmh], if you are using a car that has absurd speed but turns very slowly... AKA Veyron), any higher, the lack in acceleration will kill you everywhere else

I just did this for the 1st time with the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car.

Averaged 8'40 and 9'05 for pit laps at the beginning. My fastest lap by the end of the 27 laps was 8'02.xx I tried RH and RS tyres and found them both to last for 3 laps.

1 problem i had was i ran out of fuel on lap11. I had to crawl along the whole long straight at 49mph. It lost me over 2minutes and put me 1'32 behind the S2000. It took me 2 laps to catch him up.

I really loved the event and will be doing it again many times, but next time i'll use a lesser powered car.

I just tried the Lancer Evolution IX 05 RM wit all turbos, engine 3 and everything else possible. Fantastic car! I have to thank you for the idea. I only tried one lap in Nurburgring V 4hrs and I did it (ABS 8) in 8.51 minutes and the second place was 15.56 seconds away it was a FT565 Audi TT). Great car, amazing handling. Top speed was around 290 which is not that great.
I see you guys getting really good times! But also better cars. Anyone else using the Lancer IX RM as suggested here? By the way, I am using a T500rs wheel.

I want to use the italia for it, but think the stock one would be outclassed if some of the harder opponents showed up. I mean my bobs sometimes have one or two cars that actually keep up with their stealth mclaren, and they lap in the 8:20 range, my laps in the stock italia are around 7:25(tourist track street softs), adding the race track onto that time and it would be about 8:40-9:30 a lap estimating for better race tires on the car, tho i do have fully modded italia that would probably be very competitive.

Still i prefer my cars stock i might give it go my first time in the stock italia throw racing hards on it see how it goes. Doubt but one or two other cars in the race could give me any problem cause a bunch of the cars seem totally lame.

Could always break out my mclaren mc4 with 800 bhp, that car is always a kick in the head to drive blinding fast, wild as heck your going to be smoking the tires around corners, maybe not the best car for 4 hours of driving but even if you are killing the field it would never ever be boring.

The Italia is a true joy to drive if you put a wing on it and put the rear downforce on a little higher than it is. Also I would suggest tuning it a little and racing tires. It might be my favorite car in the game.👍

I did the 4h with the 787B and would not recommend it. It gets very squirrely in the rain and although a awesome car it got frustrating and I couldn't quit because I was 2 hours into the race.

Lancer IX RM is still my main choice for this race. It's not about the power; to me, it's about the handling. Long races require that and doing this one with a Minolta, a X2010 or any other super car, is not fun, it's only easy

You might not believe it, but fully modify a BMW 120d (no I didn't mistype that) and stick some racing hards on and you can win it with a minimum amount of stress and strain

I just tried the 4hrs Nurburgring with the Nissan GTR LM and it was a failure. I picked the hard tires for the front and the medium tires for the rear. The fourth lap was like Disney on Ice

Stage 2 weight reduction
Power limited to 600bhp
Full custom suspension

If you pick a good car then there is no show at all. Try a slower car and it will be a lot more interesting. I tried it with a Nissan GT-R and in fact I used medium tires at the back and hard tires at the front and I hardly got to the end of the 4th lap when it all began to be a lot like Disney on Ice.

honda nsx-r '02. bone stock

first production car to run sub-8 minutes on the ring

Where did you hear that rubbish? There were quite a few before it, including the R34 (and 33)GTR, and the Jag XJ220 which did a 7:47 if I recall correctly...

Where did you hear that rubbish? There were quite a few before it, including the R34 (and 33)GTR, and the Jag XJ220 which did a 7:47 if I recall correctly...

the xj220 and r33 both were unofficial lap times

the nsx r beat it before the r34 did

you can look it up yourself, best motoring did the record i recall, it was a 7:56 i believe

Firstly, I'd ask for your definition of "official". The R33 has long had the reputation for being one of the first sports cars under 8min around the 'ring.

And then I'd point this out:

I used the BMW M3 GTR Race Car for b and a spec but used the premium M3 when I grinded it afterwards. (Fully modded.)

I used a Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69. Tweaked the brakes and suspension, and limited power to 425BHP. It was bloody exciting and I won by 3.4s. AMAZING!!!!!

Back