What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
The Minolta's an too much, I used a stock Mine's BNR34. It's 10x more fun when the Mine's can outcorner the Audi R8 LMS on some corners, but lacks the top speed like the Audi R8. Using this car actually makes the race challenging.

I raced using Castrol Supra with Stage 3 turbo and racing medium tires

It is a little overpowered, it can make 8:05-8:10 without sweat, when I decided to push to the limit it scored 7:56.709

I ran it with my de-tuned BMW M3. A real pleasure.

Red with yellow wheels and a spoiler. Used interior view though for the entire race.

Dunno, any car you like. It's always fun re-creating the ZR1 vs GT-R battle, but to me it feels like they short changed the Stock ZR1 compared to the GT-R, but that's just IMHO. A lot of cars are being tested there since the boom in popularity and rebirth of it's legend.

So pick a car, any car and enjoy the greatest race track ever made.

I used the CLK Touring Car for this race and loved every minute of it. My best was 8:17 but most of my laps were around the 8:20 mark (excluding pit stops) and I'm sure you can go even faster.
Keep it stock with racing hards, and you'll have a blast.

I agree with Jantteri; the GT-R is the best although I used the GT R black mask with racing soft tyres, weight reduction stage 1, motor 1. it usually takes me 7 and a half minutes to complete a lap! but the driving is awesome

How about that classic Alfa?
I thoroughly enjoy driving this car with all aids off in cockpit view without the HUD.

Caterham Seven Fireblade, Nsx Race Modded, 2010 Camaro Race Modded. All are very fun cars to drive for this race. If you want a challenge try the Fireblade you can smoke everybody in the turns but they catch up in the high speed parts. Great thing is I think I was only pitting about every 10 or 11 laps so you make up some time there too. I won with it but it was by less than 45 seconds. Going to try one of the Race Modded Louts's next time. I am on Level 38 trying to get to 40 and this race now gives over 2 million xp.

How about that classic Alfa?
I thoroughly enjoy driving this car with all aids off in cockpit view without the HUD.

I want to try this race in that Zagato Alfa, tyre wear is even when tuned, and I imagine will do 5-6 laps before pitting..

I've run this race once now using the Jag xj13 fully tuned- finished second! Need to crash less if I re-run in that car..

Nissan GT-R SpecV. Preferably a tuned version to reach 1st easily, but I guess a non-tuned version will apply as well.

I ran the race in an RM'd Lexus IS-F. I kept the power of the car the same, I ran a few laps of the Nordschleife as practice and did a bit of tinkering with the suspension and aerodynamics. It's the first time I tried to set up a car, and it was really fun knowing that I set it up before a gruelling 4 hour race. I managed to win the race by a lap or two. It may seem stupid, but I decided to use the IS-F RM because it's similar to car Kazunori Yamachi used when he raced in the Nur 24h =P

How do people think about a fully or partially modded 320i touring car? Any scope on whether it could produce laptimes close enough to have you running within a pit stop of the top few cars for the whole race?

Just had a fairly decent race. Decided to go with the 320i at 335bhp, some 200 less than most of the competition. First stint was really fun. Had a two lap battle with a Honda s2000 turbo (not the gt1) and the Audi TT - race edition. Then reached end of lap five 1.5seconds clear of the honda and ten seconds clear of the Audi. Audi + the rest of the field bar the c230? pits.

Honda does an awful 6th lap on its tires while my bmw just powers through with what seems like limitless grip. Come into the pits with a 26second lead which just grew. Had a funny moment at the end when i pitted on lap 24 for fresh tires and I though 20 litres of fuel would get me through 2laps to finish. However, on fresh rubber I was doing between 8min 50 and 9 min and I realised I would get across the finish line 45 seconds before the race technically ended and I knew i didn't have enough fuel to get through another lap!

So I used the two minutes that I was ahead to just sit on the start/finish straight until time winded down! It was a good blast. The car was fantastic but I wish the competition could have stayed with me. Just shows how poor the AI is I guess.

The Minolta's an too much, I used a stock Mine's BNR34. It's 10x more fun when the Mine's can outcorner the Audi R8 LMS on some corners, but lacks the top speed like the Audi R8. Using this car actually makes the race challenging.

Only done the race once so far and I used the exact same car, was a blast to drive on the ring but the the LMS wasnt in the race so didnt have to much competition.

Man,this thread turned into a "novel",quite a read but some great input here!I'm going to do the 4 hour this weekend and was looking for a challenging car to try it in so I'm thinking I'm going to give the (don't laugh) Ginetta G4 with the "full tune" a try...under 500kg weight and 277hp on racing hards,if that fails I can always use the Falken Skyline or the BMW M3 GTR!:dopey:

Earlier today,(Thursday) I won the B-Spec Historic race using the Toyota 7 and finally got the '65 Alfa TZ2 Zagato that I've been lusting after since I got the game on release day....only trouble is I won it in a "sub-account"....S**T! When I won the series in my main account it gave me some crappy azzed junk I don't even remember now but of course it gave me the car I really wanted to use for the 4 hour race at the 'ring in a sub-account that is'nt even close to the level to run that race!Ah well,back to grinding credits for the main account so I can buy the damn thing!
GT5Shots378.jpg

Here's what I've decided to use!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to doing this race. I'm nearly done with the Suzuka 1000km Enduro and for the most part it's fun chasing after the AI cars but I notice that when you're basically on their rear they practically slow to a crawl in the corners. It feels kind of empty passing them that way =/

I'm going to do the 4 hour this weekend and was looking for a challenging car to try it in so I'm thinking I'm going to give the (don't laugh) Ginetta G4 with the "full tune" a try...under 500kg weight and 277hp on racing hards

That thing can drift incredibly with a lot of power. I'm not sure I'd trust it for a 4H 'ring race though. I'm thinking about using the 430 Scuda with racing hards and the rest of the car stock when I get the time to take this challenge on.

The cars I'd enjoy driving in this race won't really keep up with the R8 LMS Race Car or the Amuse S2000 GT1. Do you still win the R8 LMS Race Car if you don't win the race?

208SpeedGeek
The cars I'd enjoy driving in this race won't really keep up with the R8 LMS Race Car or the Amuse S2000 GT1. Do you still win the R8 LMS Race Car if you don't win the race?

You must win the race to get the R8. It's Definitely worth it in my opinion.
I used the jaguar xj and gold chromed it after the win ;)

I havnt done the race yet, however, i find the NSX RM to be a great car on the ring simply because it is so well balanced off the bat. i would pick the Z06 or ZR1 RM but they kill you if you drop even 1 tire off the racing line.

Did this in ZR1 RM and that was an overkill. Just remember that even though AI might have a quick car, the AI as driver is still slow. :)

Latest Posts

Back