what is the best drift car for new seasonal event?

Rambo_UK_84
Ive tried a few cars but as they are race cars there hard to make drift, jag xj13 is the closest but still not right and whats the best set up. Im not out to win but just get gold. Any suggestions please.

Cheers, ill have a look if ive got one, if its from a new dealership ill definitely have it. What do you do for set up with the car?

I have 2 of the HKS S15. I use them very often and they do get me the gold everytime i use them. it does need some time to get used to, however they are very good drift cars. i can give you one if you want. both are tuned. 💡 also the GTR is also a great car to drift. i have my own custom tune.

I used the Gillet Vertigo, but something like the RX7LM would work (as would any front engined/rear wheel drive car)... if you're decent at drifting then use comfort hards, if not use comfort medium/softs.

The target for gold is easily reachable in the 1st 2 sectors.

I used the Gillet Vertigo, but something like the RX7LM would work (as would any front engined/rear wheel drive car)... if you're decent at drifting then use comfort hards, if not use comfort medium/softs.

The target for gold is easily reachable in the 1st 2 sectors.

that could work. However both cars are expensive, so go with like a viper or something of that caliber that can be tuned to drift. i also use a viper and corvette. both are good drift cars, however you need to be a good drifter to use them with comfort soft. comfort hards don't do much for you but make it harder to turn with the E-Brake.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the suggestions, i admit im not a very good drifter, i tried the vertigo, just need to know how to drift well. I will try a few cars but just dont know how to tune correctly. I might take your offer on the hks though. I will give it a go tonight. Thanks all

I used a Mazda RX-7 TC with minimised downforce, softer front springs, less rear toe and a more solid rear anti-roll bar. Hope that helps.

nissan silvia s13, strip all the weight out, stick comfort hards on, tune up to anywhere above 350hp, eh voila, golds all round

Long time GT5 driver here, but total drifting newb.

I've farted around with drifting here and there, and only accidentally did really good ones.

I finally am starting to use the handbrake even in regular races, so I figure now is the time to learn how to do this once and for all.

I have basically every car in the game, so what is the best one for beginner? (I'll look up a drift tune from the tuning forum.) And what is the easiest speed to drift through the turns, especially in the tracks for this event? Should I go with grippier tires on the front or just keep F/R the same?

I used the BP RX-7 drift car. Just remembered, I have a Toyota Camry NASCAR tuned for drifting, should have used that. :D

How do you actually drift though? I kind of do it by a fluke, whats thae actual science about it? How can i guarantee to always drift well? Eg. Angle, car set up, tune, hand brake or footbrake etc? Any help please

How do you actually drift though? I kind of do it by a fluke, whats thae actual science about it? How can i guarantee to always drift well? Eg. Angle, car set up, tune, hand brake or footbrake etc? Any help please

you can't garantee that you will drift well. the best wat to start a drift is to just touch the handbrake and hit the gas. Don't let the car get into a crazy angle right off the bat otherwise you'll spin out. throttle control and steering will get you through most turns. it also depends where and how fast you enter the turn. you'll get better with time.

M3 is the best (in my eyes), loads of people dont agree with me, if you have the money then give it a try!

honestly just pick what suits you. tune a slower car and try and practice. i started with a mazda RX 8 and now tuning and drifting a GTR.

I've used a BMW M5 '05 with success. It's got lots of drift potential if you hit the corner at around 35-55 mph(depending on the angle and length of the corner.

Believe it or not...

In Racing Car Drifts I used my C4WRC...

Camber 0 on the back
Torque distribution 90%-10% F-R
Brakes rear = 0
Minimize rear wing downforce

Not golded in the first section, but pretty easy and I'm a newbie at drift, only make the some seasonals

Latest Posts

Back