What is the best Ferrari for La Festa Cavallino?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by S Tolaric, Feb 25, 2018.

1. S Tolaric

S Tolaric

I'm trying to save my money for endurance races, but i don't have a Ferrari yet. What's the best Ferrari for La Festa Cavallino or do l need more than 1 car to complete the races. thx for your time.

2. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

It's a shame no one answered this. This series of races is surprisingly annoying mainly because you're limited to SS tyres which are just inadequate for cars of this power.

You can do this in a 458 but you need to be pretty decent.

I didnt read the spec properly and you can use the 458 gr4 and the gt3 as well but you're still hampered by tyre choice.

I'm pretty certain the f40 is not hugely better than the 458, nor the enzo and la ferrari since you're all on the same tyres anyway except maybe on Monza given its a power track.

acedition333 and sirjim73 like this.
  3. FANGIO JR90

FANGIO JR90

i did it with the 512bb but that was a crazy challenge!!! i think the 458 is the best choise or F40 but more tricky :D

IngRobNy and sirjim73 like this.
  4. dzumaalcapone

dzumaalcapone

Pretty sure Gr. 3 Ferrari is the easiest way to do it. Upgrade it if you want, but it might become a bit unstable.

5. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

The La Ferrari is the obvious choice and it puts up with a lot of bad driving and you can still win.

Although you may need a little more than TC1 to tame it.

The 458 GT3 is probably a good choice with maybe Lvl1 power upgrade but not much more... the thing is silly drift machine on Lvl3 everything on SS tyres.

sirjim73 likes this.
  6. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

Do wet (soft) setup with max downforce on the 458 Gr.3, and it’s an easy win.

Elements and Factor41 like this.
  7. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

I used the 330 and it blasted everything, probably not cost efficient though :lol:

Strax likes this.
  8. cleanLX

cleanLX

I used the 458 full weight reduction, tuned the chassis, diff. and trans... could have used more power to get away from the "rabbits" but eventually got the wins.

9. MroczMR

MroczMR

I tried it in Enzo... Finished second. But I didn't made any power upgrades, only reduced weight. I thought I would get performance credit bonus :(

AlexDB9 likes this.
  10. pedrocor

pedrocor

Pretty doable with F458.
    If you like a challenge, detune the F458 to N500, but it will be pretty hard against the P4 in Monza.

11. flamingchariot

flamingchariot

If you use the La Ferrari or Enzo you may have gto tweak the settings they are animals on crap tyres ... took me a few tries The P330 would go off last lap then punt me lol... a slower easier ferrari would be better like the F40 depends how bad your driving is ha ha

12. Greycap

Greycap Premium

I used a downgraded N400 spec F40, speed wasn't a problem. The AI driving even more recklessly than usual and in particular the 330P4 acting like there was a hit ordered on me certainly was.

sirjim73 and psyller911 like this.
  13. YRS2703

YRS2703

I did most of it with the Enzo on full power/weight. Yes, I'm a bit mad. Yes, there was a lot of death involved. And yes, it drives like it has the wheels of an office chair.

sirjim73 likes this.
  14. Goetz

Goetz

I won all of the races in a 458 Gr 3. I used traction control, managed to stay on the road for most of the time. I did not dare to try out the Gr.4 version, it only has half the hp or so.

If you feel like using the roadgoing 458, here is a good tune:

Gr8_Lakes and sirjim73 like this.
  15. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I did the same, the prize money doesn't really cover the cost of the car :lol:

sirjim73 and Goetz like this.
  16. Rinsky

Rinsky

The Ferrari F40 is the car I used to knock those race's out. 100% completely stock on Sport Soft Tires. Once you get the feel for the handling on the F40 the rest of the field won't stand a chance against this beast.

You also get a nice car handicap bonus for using a N-500 too.

17. skydragon49

skydragon49

I did it driving a Ferrari Enzo. The tyres’ limitaton suck.

However once you get used to super early braking points, it becomes a matter of not doing anything wrong.

AlexDB9 likes this.
  18. SjefGielen

SjefGielen

Using the Gr3 ferrari did it for me, but on Monza, one of the opponents is in the 330 so I switched to the Gr4 car, needed some serious blocking in the last lap but I managed to finish all the races with a handicap and clean race bonus!

19. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

The GT3 458 did it for me at Monza but even that probably wouldnt be enough to catch the 330 even on a good day.

However I had a great day as the 330 kept crashing into the 1st chicane pretty much every 2nd lap and did it so bad on the final lap he got a yellow and I got a caution not to pass... well screw that.

I passed him for the win but yes, the 700hp 900kg Lvl3 458 does feel like its cornering on office chair castors.

shardlojik likes this.
  20. Stotty

Stotty Premium

Detuned F40.

Nuschel01 likes this.
  21. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

458 tweaked a little, if you can stand the sound of it. I do think the AI behavior is the reason there's so much crap driving in Sport...

22. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12

I've just completed this championship with the 458 Gr. 4. A bit understeery with sports tires but It did the job just fine.

Gr8_Lakes likes this.
  23. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

Hmmm no problem at all with this race. After 5 laps P1 witch SS tyres max weight reduction and LVL2 tune. Amd could be tuned more because now problem to have controll over it. TCS on 2 rest is off.

With the F40 this is ;)

24. emula

emula

I hope they fix the name "La festa cavallino", the right name should be "La festa del cavallino"

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  25. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Three attempts with the Gr.4 458 - Just not happening. Managed a P3, with 18 seconds to make up to P1. :irked: If at first, or second, or third attempt you don't succeed, buy a Gr. 3 :lol:.

(This was at Monza that I was struggling.)

Gr.3 for the win. Raise ride height to max for the turn one sausage curb. No TCS necessary if you set DF to 325 front, max rear. Move brake balance two clicks forward, and easy on the throttle out of the slow corners. Easy win at Monza.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018