What is the best Ferrari for La Festa Cavallino?

• Thread starter S Tolaric
  • 24 comments
Australia
Sydney
tollo03
I'm trying to save my money for endurance races, but i don't have a Ferrari yet. What's the best Ferrari for La Festa Cavallino or do l need more than 1 car to complete the races. thx for your time.

It's a shame no one answered this. This series of races is surprisingly annoying mainly because you're limited to SS tyres which are just inadequate for cars of this power.

You can do this in a 458 but you need to be pretty decent.

I didnt read the spec properly and you can use the 458 gr4 and the gt3 as well but you're still hampered by tyre choice.

I'm pretty certain the f40 is not hugely better than the 458, nor the enzo and la ferrari since you're all on the same tyres anyway except maybe on Monza given its a power track.

The La Ferrari is the obvious choice and it puts up with a lot of bad driving and you can still win.

Although you may need a little more than TC1 to tame it.

The 458 GT3 is probably a good choice with maybe Lvl1 power upgrade but not much more... the thing is silly drift machine on Lvl3 everything on SS tyres.

I used the 458 full weight reduction, tuned the chassis, diff. and trans... could have used more power to get away from the "rabbits" but eventually got the wins.

I tried it in Enzo... Finished second. But I didn't made any power upgrades, only reduced weight. I thought I would get performance credit bonus :(

Pretty doable with F458.
If you like a challenge, detune the F458 to N500, but it will be pretty hard against the P4 in Monza.

If you use the La Ferrari or Enzo you may have gto tweak the settings they are animals on crap tyres ... took me a few tries The P330 would go off last lap then punt me lol... a slower easier ferrari would be better like the F40 depends how bad your driving is ha ha

I used a downgraded N400 spec F40, speed wasn't a problem. The AI driving even more recklessly than usual and in particular the 330P4 acting like there was a hit ordered on me certainly was.

I did most of it with the Enzo on full power/weight. Yes, I'm a bit mad. Yes, there was a lot of death involved. And yes, it drives like it has the wheels of an office chair.

I won all of the races in a 458 Gr 3. I used traction control, managed to stay on the road for most of the time. I did not dare to try out the Gr.4 version, it only has half the hp or so.

If you feel like using the roadgoing 458, here is a good tune:

The Ferrari F40 is the car I used to knock those race's out. 100% completely stock on Sport Soft Tires. Once you get the feel for the handling on the F40 the rest of the field won't stand a chance against this beast.

You also get a nice car handicap bonus for using a N-500 too.

I did it driving a Ferrari Enzo. The tyres’ limitaton suck.

However once you get used to super early braking points, it becomes a matter of not doing anything wrong.

Using the Gr3 ferrari did it for me, but on Monza, one of the opponents is in the 330 so I switched to the Gr4 car, needed some serious blocking in the last lap but I managed to finish all the races with a handicap and clean race bonus!

The GT3 458 did it for me at Monza but even that probably wouldnt be enough to catch the 330 even on a good day.

However I had a great day as the 330 kept crashing into the 1st chicane pretty much every 2nd lap and did it so bad on the final lap he got a yellow and I got a caution not to pass... well screw that.

I passed him for the win but yes, the 700hp 900kg Lvl3 458 does feel like its cornering on office chair castors.

458 tweaked a little, if you can stand the sound of it. I do think the AI behavior is the reason there's so much crap driving in Sport...

Hmmm no problem at all with this race. After 5 laps P1 witch SS tyres max weight reduction and LVL2 tune. Amd could be tuned more because now problem to have controll over it. TCS on 2 rest is off.

With the F40 this is ;)

Three attempts with the Gr.4 458 - Just not happening. Managed a P3, with 18 seconds to make up to P1. :irked: If at first, or second, or third attempt you don't succeed, buy a Gr. 3 :lol:.

(This was at Monza that I was struggling.)

Gr.3 for the win. Raise ride height to max for the turn one sausage curb. No TCS necessary if you set DF to 325 front, max rear. Move brake balance two clicks forward, and easy on the throttle out of the slow corners. Easy win at Monza.

Last edited:
Back