What is the best GT3 car to buy?

• Thread starter Aleander
  • 38 comments
Belgium
Gent
Aleander_GF
What is the best GT3 car to buy? I'm looking for a stable car. I got the R8 LMS Evo '19 from the licenses but it spins often in corners.

Are you spinning due to excessive throttle input? Considered using TCS?

GT3s are quite expensive so I doubt anybody has driven all of them enough to compare yet. I did find the Mazda RX-VISION that you get from the pre-order bonus to be pretty stable, but I was using the TC on 2.

Last edited:
I'm using the Toms Supra for the last Cafe championship, seems to do very well against the AI. I think it was a gift car too.

Jerome

I am in the process of buying most GT3 cars. The R8 LMS is quite unstable. I bought the AMG GT3, it is a bit more stable. I ran the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 which also does a better job. But mind you, the GT3 cars are less stable than they were in GT Sport. On all cars tried so far, you have to be easy on the throttle and use at least TCS 1. Next to that, you have to downtune the GT3 cars to participate in the GT3 events, since all cars bought are at least 10PP over the limit. Strange choice, because you are forced to buy the powerlimiter and balast to get the car within the 730pp max. How you downtune the car, that might effect the handling too. I yet have to try the 911 RSR, which I used a lot in GT Sport. I did buy it, but did not run it. Also the 458 GT3 is in my list, not ran that one too.

The Porsche 911 RSR is fantastic to drive, I would really like it if someone could suggest a similarily handling car with perhaps a bit more straightline speed. If such a car would exist i would never drive anything else. Other than that I agree with what @LaBestiaNera said. I tried all of the ones in circuit experience too, lamborghini is impossible to drive, 458 felt quite unstable in the corners. The Z4 felt nice in circuit experience but it was a bit hard to judge since it was in tokyo, I might buy it soon and try it out on some other tracks. The GT-R just does not turn while coasting in interlagos but its very fast in a straight line (a bit like GT Sport). In general I’ve had a tough time driving anything except the 911 without any TCS. Mazda VGT was pretty nice, as was the Supra that came in the bundle. I think I’m going to buy the aston martin now and try it out, perhaps the Z4 too.

If the cars perform just like the ones in GT Sport, my choice would be the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1. Technically not a GT3, but will perform very good, with good handling and still in group 3. Only "problem" is it costs 800k instead of 450k.

Yeah the Ford GT40 is a handful...but the 911 is sweet, just lacks top speed. I'm curious about the Alfa.

Which is your favorite Gr3 MR car?

Yeah the Ford GT40 is a handful...but the 911 is sweet, just lacks top speed. I'm curious about the Alfa.

Which is your favorite Gr3 MR car?
You can try out the Alfa for free at the Lago Maggiore circuit experience, one of the better test tracks as well. I think the 911 RSR is an MR car and its amazing to drive, I would be interested if the NSX / McLaren are anything like it.

Last edited:
Part of my grinding routine so far is doing the World GT Series Championship, 5 races - Deep Valley , Spa, Le mans ,Mount Panarama and Nurburgring.
Using the RX-Vision GT3 Concept and it's a dream to drive - PP 794 -TC 1.
It was the fastest Gr.3 car in GTS ,so,probably a good chance it will still be the best of Gr.3 again in GT 7 🏎️

I just bought the Aston Martin DBR9 and did a couple of races at trial mountain. It feels very nice but it does need TCS1 atleast on that track with all the undulations, you don’t even have to be full throttle when going over a crest and it will just spin. With some rear break balance it really does handle quite nicely, but I think for tracks that don’t require that much top speed I don’t see anything topping the 911 in my books 😄

Not the new Ford GT. Save your $1M.
The Corvette is free from the Missions, and is what I've liked so far. The Toms Supra feels great, I haven't tried the Mazda yet, but just bought the FT1 to test. By. The end of today I should have all of the GR3s and the testing will begin.
Oh...

That Ford GT is the only one I truly want.

The Corvette is free from the Missions, and is what I've liked so far. The Toms Supra feels great, I haven't tried the Mazda yet, but just bought the FT1 to test. By. The end of today I should have all of the GR3s and the testing will begin.
How did you get the Toms Supra? I can’t find it

Try every circuit experience with a Gr.3. I bought the Genesis X Gr.3 and it’s boringly stable but fast enough to make it fun nonetheless.

I greatly underestimated how many GR3 cars there were...

Anyways, here is what I have currently have found at High Speed Ring.
*Online, Grip Real, Racing Softs, Highest power achievable, Custom Race Trans, no Nitrous, no tuning OTHER than Aero just to get the cars around the track, (A surprising amount of these cars can't make a single lap at HSR without spinning on the final turn in their default configuration) I put in 3 good laps and took the best. All transmissions auto set to 340km/hr

McLaren 650S 1:03.1xx
R8: 1:02.6xx
Peugot VGT: 1:03.5
458: 1:03.0
Vette: 1:03.1
RS 01: 1:05.2xx (yes)
Supra: 1:03.3
RX Vision: 1:03.3
FT1: 1:03.2
NSX: 1:04.4
Lambo: 1:03.7
4C: 1:05.0
Viper: 1:03.1
Porsche: 1:02.7
Genesis: 1:03.1

The Porsche is probably the nicest feeling car overall, a lot of people will gravitate towards it for that reason, plus it's dominance in Sport I'm sure. The Peugot is actually driveable in 7 which is surprising. The Supra has a nice late corner nose dive, the McLaren really suits me as it's off corner traction is suberb. The Viper felt like it had a lot of potential, the new Genesis was really cool looking. The NSX was incredibly difficulty to get to not spin. The RS 01 was very concerning. R8 was fast, but a handful.

Tuning... seems to be dominated by aero, everything else feels incredibly minor, but I need more time.

How did you get the Toms Supra? I can’t find it
It's a pre-order bonus car.

*Online, Grip Real, Racing Softs, Highest power achievable, Custom Race Trans, no Nitrous, no tuning OTHER than Aero just to get the cars around the track, (A surprising amount of these cars can't make a single lap at HSR without spinning on the final turn in their default configuration) I put in 3 good laps and took the best. All transmissions auto set to 340km/hr

The Porsche is probably the nicest feeling car overall, a lot of people will gravitate towards it for that reason, plus it's dominance in Sport I'm sure. The Peugot is actually driveable in 7 which is surprising. The Supra has a nice late corner nose dive, the McLaren really suits me as it's off corner traction is suberb. The Viper felt like it had a lot of potential, the new Genesis was really cool looking. The NSX was incredibly difficulty to get to not spin. The RS 01 was very concerning. R8 was fast, but a handful.

Tuning... seems to be dominated by aero, everything else feels incredibly minor, but I need more time.

Oke😔 thnx

What about the BMWs?

The best MR cars I've tried have been either the porsche rsr, Peugeot rcz car or the porsche 917 living legend thing which I think I've used on wtc races, Tom's supra is pretty good.

The gr 4 viper is very good but slow compared to gr 3, the gr 4 aston Martin is faster round HSR with them turned down for the single race there if it's any indication of the gr 3 versions

Try the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, which is a GR 3 car. Bought it yesterday and even without tuning, it feels much more stable than the GT3 cars, while being a lot faster. It was my go-to in Sport and pulled the trigger yesterday and splashed 800k for it. Could win a 800pp race stacked with GT3 cars without any tuning at Dragon Trail, while with an actual GT3 car, I could get to 8th at best. Tonight I am going to try if it qualifies for the GT3 races.

Thanks for testing out several GT3 cars, the time of the R8 surprised me, because it is sliding all over the place in standard trim.

Just tried the Ferrari yesterday and with a bit of front-end ballast, this thing carves through Spa effortlessly. It feels more agile than the 911, and a slightly better top end...and this is all from just tuning the LSD and gears only.

In Spa's Gr3 event, I'm able to consistently run a final lap ~ 2.17.6xx.
Edit -- on RH tires

Last edited:
Thanks for testing out several GT3 cars, the time of the R8 surprised me, because it is sliding all over the place in standard trim.
Yeah, it was a handful, I believe minimum front aero and max rear aero is what I had to do, to get it around the track.

Just tried the Ferrari yesterday and with a bit of front-end ballast, this thing carves through Spa effortlessly. It feels more agile than the 911, and a slightly better top end...and this is all from just tuning the LSD and gears only.

In Spa's Gr3 event, I'm able to consistently run a final lap ~ 2.17.6xx.
Edit -- on RH tires
Could you share your settings for the Ferrari. I'm struggling a lot with this event. Could just be me tho.

For the final Menu race #39 I bought a Gr3 Ferrari 458. Wasn't happy at all with it right out of the box as with some of the other FR cars in this game. .....but like the others, a little tweaking of the suspension, aero, etc. and it was a much different experience.

I bought RS tires and fitted a high rpm turbo IIRC. I only had to compensate a tad with the power (restrict). I ended up winning 1st in 3 out of 5, taking 2nd in one and 6th place in the last which was at the Ring. .....I just have never been able to remember the layout of that track intimately enough to be any good there. I placed 1st overall and that ended the Menu campaign for me.

.....oh, this was with TC on 1 and hardest difficulty. ABS at weak setting, manual transmission and no other aids. Throttle control is still important but completely manageable for me as well as predictable which I find really important.

Last edited:
Hi, what mission did u get the corvette from? I’ve done all menus and only gr.3 car I’ve gained throughout came today from the carousel voucher for daily workout. The mclaren. It’s alright in the corners but not straight line. Comes at 728PP so no room to add juice without compromising tyres. Think it’s on RH’s.
What tyres u guys running for best results?

Cheers

Back