What is the next Project Cars Collaboration?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 31 comments
Australia
Australia
SMS/WMD are working with Pirelli, Pirelli World Challenge, Ginetta, McLaren, Indy Cars. What alliances can we look forward to in the near future or beyond? Blancpain? Virgin Australia Supercars? Ferrari? D1?

Would love to see some form af FIA/ACO partnership to create an official online, real time, WEC style endurance championship. Of course that will require online driver swaps.
I'm not an online player, but could that be handles via the eSports program?

One thing I'd love is the Stadium trucks for some fun off road racing .
Blancpain or Touring Cars with proper rules and flags .

I'm not an online player, but could that be handles via the eSports program?
It could and should. But it would be good to have some form of official backing along the lines of what FIA is doing with the Virtual F1 championship and their involvement with GTSport.

Blancpain and imsa, my two favorite series. They already have most of the tracks in the blancpain series and about half of imsa

More Aussie Supercars would be awesome. Phillip Island and Winton would be a sweet set of tracks with Bathurst. Wishful thinking maybe.

SMS/WMD are working with Pirelli, Pirelli World Challenge, Ginetta, McLaren, Indy Cars. What alliances can we look forward to in the near future or beyond? Blancpain? Virgin Australia Supercars? Ferrari? D1?
I believe they have the official license for the Red Bull GRC Lites as well (correct me if I’m wrong).

Why's that? You have most of the liveries already so they must like you guys.

The full liveries and the cars are not the issue, its the IMSA branding that doesn't appear on the cars in-game. If you look at any of the GTLM cars for example, or the MSR Ligier, the series branding doesn't appear on the car.

IMSA might be a little hard now :(

Super GT
V8 Supercars
WEC
Blancpain

Any one of these would be super! :)

I started watching Super GT now on Nismo TV since the 2017 season and it’s absolutely thrilling. The fastest GT cars on the planet meet the most wacky GT cars on the planet in a lovely multi class race.

Super GT
V8 Supercars
WEC
Blancpain

Any one of these would be super! :)

I started watching Super GT now on Nismo TV since the 2017 season and it’s absolutely thrilling. The fastest GT cars on the planet meet the most wacky GT cars on the planet in a lovely multi class race.
I'd still be interested to know how the V8 deal fell through. It was mentioned VASC/VESA/Cams(?) wanted too much. Was it Warburton? Did the teams have a say?

SMS seem to have a relationship with Nissan. Was the Altima taken away by request from VASC?

Because Forza just became partnered with imsa. Damn Forza..

They had IndyCar before SMS got the license so there is some hope the IMSA deal isn't exclusive, although I'm guessing the PWC deal would be a much bigger barrier.

Ah, OK.

Are IMSA also allowing TCR?

It's actually even more complex than that.

IMSA is now the North American license holder for TCR and will run the class in their Sportscar Challenge series, replacing ST class.

PWC had also announced a TCR class for next season to replace thier TCA and TCB classes. But now they need to (unexpectedly) pay royalties to IMSA in order to use the TCR spec.

So to say there is some displeasure between the 2 series might be an understatement.

I'd still be interested to know how the V8 deal fell through. It was mentioned VASC/VESA/Cams(?) wanted too much. Was it Warburton? Did the teams have a say?

SMS seem to have a relationship with Nissan. Was the Altima taken away by request from VASC?

In the Ozzie stream Ian mentioned that they almost had the V8 deal but those guys requested that SMS added I believe all V8 tracks from Australia as well.

In the Ozzie stream Ian mentioned that they almost had the V8 deal but those guys requested that SMS added I believe all V8 tracks from Australia as well.
I think that's where the money thing came from. What a win that would be, if both parties are still open to negotiations. Anyway, we'll see how sales go with this game. Hopefully it puts more money in the pot.

I think I recall some Hot Wheels liveries on a few cars. Wonder what can come of that,

ADAC GT Masters well... We have all the cars starting in this already in PCars 2.

ADAC-TCR - Well i would love to see some of the cars here. Even without official liveries. GOLF TCR, RS3 TCR, Seat etc etc. I hope that fun pack will provide something here.

And still dreaming about more V8 SuperCars to compete with Ford Falcon. I would be happy even with SMS Originals like some of RallyCross cars.

Back