What is PD's next collaboration?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 20 comments
Continuing on from this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-is-pds-next-collaboration.322288/

Mazda are the most recent to partner with PDI. Wonder what's next during GT7's life span.
You can wonder all you like, but how is this in any way important, or interesting for that matter, for us fans?

I just want them to include as many cars from as many car makers as possible, and I couldn’t care less who they’re collaborating with.

Oh, and these collaborations usually just means another VGT car, in which case I hope they don’t collaborate with nobody and instead focus on more important things, but that’s me.

Formula E, perhaps? I saw a lot of smoke blowing up when that was announced but I have yet to see what comes from it.
Remember, it takes about 6 months for a modeller to make/build a car. From the time of that announcement, could depend on how many manufacturers they plan on introducing.

Do they add all the cars from the series?
Are PD clever enough to offer one model of each make and just have selectable liveries?
Tracks? Will PD model the real street circuits from the series?

Just a side note: in regards to Project Cars 2, Ian Bell mentioned V8 Supercars wanted all the cars and tracks added, if SMS were to get the licence. He(Ian) said it would cost too much(from what V8SC were asking for the licence) to do.
Of course I'm jumping way ahead, but keeping in mind whatever PDI/FE parties may have or are continuing to negotiate, could be the hold up.

I say all that and then PDI make an official announcement, this coming Monday. :lol:

Remember, it takes about 6 months for a modeller to make/build a car. From the time of that announcement, could depend on how many manufacturers they plan on introducing.

Do they add all the cars from the series?
Are PD clever enough to offer one model of each make and just have selectable liveries?
Tracks? Will PD model the real street circuits from the series?

Formula e has a spec chassis. They have to just model 1 car and then add all liveries as different cars. And a Formula e car should definitely take less than 6 months because the interior is bare bones compared to a luxury car and the exterior is simpler to CAD as well.

Yeah. Not sure about that. I remember gtp did a piece about Kunos being bought out by someone, but I don't know about talks with PD. I'm sure Jordan and Famine would have made an article about that.

See if it was stuff like this appearing in the game as microtransactions rather than direct credit purchasing, I think would be the best way to handle it. They have to tank the in-hand economy to make Cr. packs “viable” or “desireable”, which kills the balance and flow of the game progression. Optional purchasable cosmetic items like suits abs liveries allow PD real world income without having to trash the in-game economy.

Back