What is the worst song ever?Music 

• Thread starter Curveball
  • 1,591 comments
DK
"7 Years" by Lukas Graham has been getting on my nerves lately. His voice is so soppy, which makes his "hard man" lyrics about smoking weed & drinking liquor all the more cringeworthy.

The only radio station we can get at work right now is Heart. They pride themselves on unrivalled music variety yet they still can't help but play that same bloody song three times between 8 and noon. And then once or twice during their "happy hour".

Last edited:
DK
"7 Years" by Lukas Graham has been getting on my nerves lately. His voice is so soppy, which makes his "hard man" lyrics about smoking weed & drinking liquor all the more cringeworthy.

Although it's happily dropped off most radio station's playlists by now, it is one of those songs that i've just hated the more and more i heard it. Towards the end of the song, you're just so sick of hearing him whine "once i was xx years old" you'd wished he'd died in childbirth.

DK
One of the most ridiculous songs to chart well in the UK for a long time. Downright nonsensical lyrics including being forced to find a wife and getting high/drunk at the age of eleven. The whole "life story" concept is awful in itself.

On a similar note:

Took the radio by storm late last year, thankfully died out quite quickly. Incredibly repetitive tale of a man who doesn't seem to expect anything in life, judging by the fact he says it on every single line of the song. Spoiler alert, it ends with his wife becoming terminally ill and dying - to which, like everything else in the song, he responds with "I wasn't expecting that."

I wouldn't go as far as to label any of them the worst songs in existence, but the recent smattering of over-sentimental soul/acoustic pop tracks mentioned above have a striking tendency to irritate after just a couple playthroughs. Then further irritate over weeks of daily listening to the point where you want to show the stereo your work boot.

Love Yourself is the one I really can't stand on a daily basis, and that has little to do with Bieber's involvement or the lyrics themselves. It's just such a wishy-washy and weak composition.

Anything by Young Thug or Rich Homie Quan, etc. is complete trash. But more specifically, Lifestyle by Rich Gang (Young Thug) if you haven't heard it, listen to it, you can if you're lucky make out 2 words. EHAHAHRHEHAHWBHA HUNNID WJQWHQAJZEIRHR LIVIN LIFESTYLE.

It, and the accompanying video, is finely toeing the line between the worst thing ever and an absolute work of art.

Eilert Pilarm is a Swedish living legend in my opinion.
He's been performing as an Elvis impersonator for a couple of decades now
and I first heard of him somewhere around the late nineties to early 00s.
I own two of his studio albums and I've bought a few to friends and family as well.

@tarnheld
Have a listen to these two simultaneously. :)
It's wonderful.

I think I got ear diseases after listening to this... oh, and language warning.

I mean seriously, what did I just watch?? It's like 10 songs in one.... all terrible.

Only redeeming thing is it’s probably the only song in the world where Alonso has got a mention!

Director: Maybe, if we surround her with people than can dance nobody will notice Charlie can't dance to save her life!

...It didn't work.:lol:

Also, worst product placement ever!

I was gonna post One Dance, but I can't find a video anywhere for some reason.

I'm not saying it's the worst song ever, but it is pretty bad. What makes me put it here is that it is not a faastic song, so why has it been number 1 in the UK for 9 friggin weeks? Two awesome songs in Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna - This is what you came for, and Justin Timberlake - Can't stop the feeling, have been held off by it.

The last songs to have good runs like this, like Uptown Funk and Gnarls Barkley's Crazy were amazing, but this one just sucks so much.

Back