What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
It's the Breadwinners for me. When watching it with my 9-year old cousin, I (literally) almost puked. That was a terrible show. Will never watch again.

A close 2nd goes to Jersey Shore.

Last edited:
Wow, that video in the OP looks like it really wants to be Adventure Time, but is missing everything that makes Adventure Time likable.

As far as Worst Shows Ever..."The Only War is Essex." My sister and mother love this, but I watched ten minutes that contained the most degenerate idiots in the world.

The section I watched had a gay guy with his boyfriend, trying to adopt a kid. Fair enough, but they kept saying how they wanted him on the show and he'll be famous. No, not cool in my book, that's bad parenting whatever gender the parents are. They thankfully got rejected, and the rest of it was a tirade for about 7 minutes on how "homophobic" the adoption officer was until I just left the room before my neurons escaped.

I don't watch TV that much anymore (Yay, internet!) and there's so many awful shows to name one that stands out in particular.

Amish Mafia.

I saw an episode where it started off with a guy slowly and dramatically walking away from a buggy before it blew up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Loose Women. /thread

EDIT: Allow me to elaborate. I've had the misfortune of being in the same room as a TV showing Loose Women on a few occasions. It invariably consists of middle-aged women ogling over male celebrities, often from reality TV. The jokes (if you can use that term) are incredibly cringeworthy, it's kind of like watching Marge Simpson trying to be "hip".

I hate daytime TV. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I saw an episode where it started off with a guy slowly and dramatically walking away from a buggy before it blew up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I decided I had had enough when they showed a guy "chasing down" a buggy in his buggy because he owed him money. It was like a 10 mph ordeal but they had edited it to make it look like it was at 100. Shaky camera, dramatic music, etc. Despite the alcohol I couldn't take it anymore so in an epic struggle to reach the other side of the couch for the remote (think Two Steps From Hell playing in the background) I was finally able to turn it off. Never. Again.

I decided I had had enough when they showed a guy "chasing down" a buggy in his buggy because he owed him money. It was like a 10 mph ordeal but they had edited it to make it look like it was at 100. Shaky camera, dramatic music, etc. Despite the alcohol I couldn't take it anymore so in an epic struggle to reach the other side of the couch for the remote (think Two Steps From Hell playing in the background) I was finally able to turn it off. Never. Again.
I have to ask. Is this show for real? What I mean is, is it as daft as you guys make out on purpose or do you think they're actually trying to be seriously dramatic? It sounds like the former TBH. It also sounds hilarious if it is.

I once watched the first five minutes of an episode of Coming of Ages many moons ago.

If there's one reason for research scientists and engineers to get off their backsides and develop a fully functional neuralyzer, it would be to wipe any lasting memory of that show's existence from my mind. But as it stands, it's just one of the many reasons why I hate BBC Three.

I have to ask. Is this show for real? What I mean is, is it as daft as you guys make out on purpose or do you think they're actually trying to be seriously dramatic? It sounds like the former TBH. It also sounds hilarious if it is.

I know for sure that it's fake as in it's all scripted, but I honestly don't know if they're making it bad on purpose or not. I'd lean more towards it being a totally serious attempt at making a dramatic show because of how piss poor American TV standards are.

The new CSI spinoff hasn't officially aired yet, but if I include the fake pilot for it I'd have to say that it's certainly in the running.

I know for sure that it's fake as in it's all scripted, but I honestly don't know if they're making it bad on purpose or not. I'd lean more towards it being a totally serious attempt at making a dramatic show because of how piss poor American TV standards are.
It sounds very tongue-in-cheek to me. I can't honestly believe that even the poor standards of American TV would think a program like that could be serious. Surely it's a spoof. Surely.

Dunno about the worst, but The Big Bang Theory has to be right up there. Then there's also the countless reality TV shows and the sensationalised news programs.

"Sweat the Small Stuff".

It's a panel show presented by some radio DJ idiot you've never heard of* and some of his radio DJ idiot mates you've never heard of* are the panel, with occasional additional idiots you've never heard of* as guests. They talk about things they're annoyed by, with the studio audience, in an off-the-cuff style which may not be entirely scripted, but is presented as if it is thanks to the various idiots' complete inability to engage with human beings or speak in a manner that doesn't suggest they're reading a sheet of paper or the autocue.

It's stilted, joyless dross and yet they've had three series of it. It's a stunning argument for not only cancelling your TV Licence, but conceiving of a terrorist plot against the BBC itself.

*If you're British and listen to a lot of really crap radio, you may have heard of these people, but frankly I'd expect to look them up in an encyclopaedia and be directed to "See Sirius Cybernetics Corporation: Marketing Division"

It's stilted, joyless dross and yet they've had three series of it. It's a stunning argument for not only cancelling your TV Licence, but conceiving of a terrorist plot against the BBC itself.

Commissioned for a fourth series. On a TV channel that has just over a year left before the BBC does the half-decent thing and moves it to an online service that might as well not exist. Like Nick Grimshaw's career as a TV show panellist.

So long as they don't do something as crazy as moving it to a prime-time slot on BBC One*, it'll be a dead TV show in due time.

*If you think One would never air something quite that bad on a Saturday evening, you're forgetting "Don't Scare the Hare".

Lizard Lick Towing. I'd like to meet the makers of that piece of 🤬 and shake them firmly by the neck.

Is that show for real? Seriously it has to be scripted because none of the frankly bonkers stuff would ever happen. Plus the guy looks like he fell out of a 1980's street fighter movie.

DK
Loose Women.

Apparently its one of the most popular shows for female uni student's because it reminds them of their mothers. I don't need to hear Myleene Klass' opions :ouch:

"Sweat the Small Stuff".

Nick Grimshaw is so irritating, destroyed Radio 1... now trying to destroy the BBC.

Surprised 'Snog Marry Avoid?' isn't in here, if it wasn't for the fact Ellie Taylor is smokin' I wouldn't watch it.

Despite the fact is looks like it's made for 50p each episode and features people even Big Brother would turn away I'm sure it was one of the main reasons for bringing down BBC Three!

Is that show for real? Seriously it has to be scripted because none of the frankly bonkers stuff would ever happen.

Of course it's real, it's American reality TV :sly:.
Seriously though I can't watch more than 10 seconds of that 🤬 before I want to start taking my eyes out with a melon baller!

Plus the guy looks like he fell out of a 1980's street fighter movie.
tumblr_lm3c0zSXH81qd7eic.gif

"Sweat the Small Stuff".

It's a panel show presented by some radio DJ idiot you've never heard of* and some of his radio DJ idiot mates you've never heard of* are the panel, with occasional additional idiots you've never heard of* as guests. They talk about things they're annoyed by, with the studio audience, in an off-the-cuff style which may not be entirely scripted, but is presented as if it is thanks to the various idiots' complete inability to engage with human beings or speak in a manner that doesn't suggest they're reading a sheet of paper or the autocue.

*If you're British and listen to a lot of really crap radio, you may have heard of these people, but frankly I'd expect to look them up in an encyclopaedia and be directed to "See Sirius Cybernetics Corporation: Marketing Division
So very well put 👍.

Oh and on a side note: To BBC THREE - Good riddance!

Last edited:
Grimmy has done a good job on the Breakfast Show. I'm enjoying him as much as Moyles.

I never understood Ricky Gervais' popularity. He's just not a person I find likable or funny...
I don't like him either. That laugh of his! He laughs more at his jokes than anyone else does (I've gone off Jimmy Carr for the same reason and as a result can't watch anything he appears on either). My disdain for Gervais was confirmed when he guest directed an episode of the Simpsons once and put himself in it for 20 of the 25 minute running time too (or 90% of however long an episode is).

I never understood Ricky Gervais' popularity. He's just not a person I find likable or funny...

His smug, self-satisfying look to camera that he cannot physically stop himself doing are incredibly irritating.

I don't know how much of it is hype but I've never found anything he's done funny.

For me it's The Devils Ride. If you never seen it then count yourselves lucky. The show is about two rival motorcycle clubs that hate each other. The story and the acting is bad, the actors are worse. The only good part was when the Hell's Angels got involved and practically took over their clubs. But still horrible show.

Back