What is with the online intolerance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SavageEvil
  • 126 comments
  • 7,960 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, WW2 was ALL Britain and the USA. 👎

I didn't say either did ALL the work, there was a fair amount of work from alot of countries, get off your high horse and pedestool mate. I was only giving that as an example of why people spout unecessary and needless abuse to Americans online.

Personally I take no notice of the abuse online as bored as I am of hearing "****ing paki"(even though im Indian you morons) , im more concerned of the lack of racing etiquette as mentioned before. When me and several others are having a proper fair race, theres always a cluster of jackasses who ruin it by charging into everyone on deliberate, choosing cars that are either unfair or plain stupid or deliberately driving backwards because they know they cant win.
 
Last edited:
Online trash-talking and racism are almost as old as the internet itself. The volume is louder nowadays because it doesn't take much skill to log on, anymore. Press power button. Log in. Play. Call everyone on the server a 🤬-faced, mutha-🤬 🤬. Get kicked. Or... if we're talking GT... don't.

Luckily, despite being American, my country ID is either Philippines (geographically) or Singapore (where my PSN ID is at)... so I don't get all that.

There are the weird messages proposing marriage, though... and that's after you've explained to the other guy you're not a woman...
 
Ignorance everywhere.
 
Wow, just skimming through the topic. People went from agreeing to being the problem the topc was discussing..
 
I guess what we're learning here is that no matter what game u play, whatever rules you play by, theres always some out there who want to destroy that.
 
Wow, just skimming through the topic. People went from agreeing to being the problem the topic was discussing..

It was bound to happen. It doesn't take much for people to get all riled up.
 
as we speak, canada is beating the americans 3-0 at the world junior championship in buffalo ny.
winner plays russia for the gold. hahaha is that off-topic?
 
Lol, we started that?

We may not have started it, but we sure did finish it, with 2 war crimes
emot-frogc00l.gif
 
It's not just on the internet....it only allows people to hide behind their computer so they are often compelled to say things that they would not dare say to someone's face. Doing such face to face will can result in what we call back this way....a butt whooping.

Morons are everywhere....I see a them all the time....people doing stupid stuff or saying stupid stuff in public.

Having lived in Japan, Canada, England, Germany, Spain, The Middle East, The US among others....let me tell you. Morons and bigotry are not specific to any one country - They exist everywhere.
 
as we speak, canada is beating the americans 3-0 at the world junior championship in buffalo ny.
winner plays russia for the gold. hahaha is that off-topic?

It's more relevant to me than this thread anyways. Go Canada. WOOOOOOOO:tup:
 
JGW
Morons and bigotry are not specific to any one country - They exist everywhere.

This thread proves this fact if nothing else.
 
I see some people say they are not responsible for what their country does. Yes, you are responsible and you should do something about it if you don't agree with what is happening.

The cables leak published by wikileaks exposes a lot of **** but I don't see anything being done to punish people involved...
 
Fortunately I haven't encountered terrible trash talk, but it is certainly there. I generally let my racing do the talking.:sly: And the mute button works well too!👍
 
I live in Hong Kong. I don't hate Americans or say bad things about them. Actually, I like to play with them in any games. But, there are always some of the people who don't like people from other countries or even religions. I remember that I played with Muslims in Bad Company 2 and they asked if I was an American or a Christian. They felt relieved when I said I live in Hong Kong. But, two of them then quitted because I am not a Muslim. I would say some people tend to feel uncomfortable with guys from different "group". It may be due to nationalism or strong sense of identity.
Of course, USA's initiation of war against Iran might leave bad impression (It's quite unfair because it is Bush who initiate it). Unconciously, people might be a bit jealous of USA because it has the highest GDP (a)round the globe and I didn't say that all Americans are cocky about their achievements.
I guess people interaction is like a mirror - when a group(e.g. American) act like in some way, the group will be treated in the same way. Even though you are not the one who acts badly, the label is already sticked on your group name(e.g. American). You, then, experienced the things you have said without knowing why.
 
Last edited:
Real kick in the head is we all got over ourselves, and saw each other as human beings, rather then race, country, religion etc the world would be a better place.

Considering the fact the human genome project proved that all 6 to 7 billion of us living on this planet came from about 600 to 1400 homo sapiens that migrated out of africa about 40 million years ago and in most likely hood were dark skinned aka "black" we all are technically related no matter what country we call home, no matter what god we choose to believe or not believe in. But also think that as long as humans still run the planet we will never get over trying to just look at the differences no matter how silly they are in the grand scheme of things.

Also had muslim friends from palestein, generous giving people, well unless you were a jew for obvious reasons, but other than them liking to talk about religion on occasion and the once and awhile prodding to come visit a mosque and see their faith in action etc, it was never a big deal that i like to do my own thing. And they made some darn fine turkish coffee god that stuff was good.
 
Well after reading through the thread I can say that many of us have varying views, but the thing is just because they are different we aren't attacking one another over them. This is what I mean about our online gaming, where there isn't any kind of etiquette enforced at all. It just seems so ridiculous that some people and there are a good few who are beyond teenage years who still act like children and can't disagree without resorting to childish behavior. Thank you all for your input was greatly appreciated, it's about respect and tolerance even if you do not support the view. I'm not saying that you can change the people who have little self control, but you can impart this kind of knowledge upon the up coming generation, your children. Many of us on here have children, and I do hope that we even though we are a rag tag group of individuals who love racing games help to keep our children educated, not only scholastically but morally as well.

Time to go online, see you guys there.
 
I live in Hong Kong. I don't hate Americans or say bad things about them. Actually, I like to play with them in any games.

About playing with people from other countries; the other night I was in a lobby. There were 9 of us and we were from 8 different countries and there was absolutely no trash talking. I actually couldn't believe it. We had a lot of fun for a while until people started leaving. I wish every time online could be like that. I love my fellow Americans (mostly (well some of them)) but playing with people from all over the world and having a blast is a great feeling.
 
I just thought i would leave my thoughts,

yes there is alot of anti american people out there and the americans have thereself to blame.

They bang on about how good there country is and how it's superior when it's not,they also have started alot of wars and then us brits have to jump into help.

then you have all this shutup "fa****" going on with the younger american teens

also the americans think they know it all and have the best of everything.

so yes alot of people dont like them and i know americans that hate being american.
 
It's a mistake to paint everyone with the same brush.
 
Smoothherb

They hate us because we build some bad a$$ fighter planes?

This is a prime example of why there's people hostile towards americans banging on and bragging about things.
 
I love the "American's are stupid/ignorant" comments online; especially considering they are completely generalized and most of the time ignorant themselves.

If the world wants to act like idiots, so be it.
 
We are Gamers and not Politicians......

1 rotten egg cant spoil the whole bunch rite? So, lets game on...cheers
 
I don't have anything against Americans', but it gets ****ing annoying when there's a 13 year old **** saying "OMG THAT WAS SOOO AWESOME! DIE N00b!"

You get the picture....
 
I guess I have had pretty good luck online then. Over the last 2 years racing online I have met lots of cool people from all over the world and only once or twice have I gotten in a room where the people were acting like idots.

I have raced with an really enjoyed several people from England, a few from Ireland, France, Australia and Canada that I can remember as well as many here in the US. Most of the idiots were American but then most of the people I have raced with were American due to the time of day when I am racing but it is clearly something that knows no borders.

There are good guys and idiots in every region on earth and you can expect to find just anout anything if you are online long enough.

All in all it is a good thing to be able to interact with all these people even if sometimes it is less than pleasant. Normally you will spend very little time in the company of the idiots and if you are lucky may just make a few friends who you can enjoy many hours of racing or just chatting or both.
 
Steriotypes. Nations differentiate in the general way they go about everything. If theres 4 Americans in 1 game and 10 English people then there gonna gang up on them. As for 1 random person having a smack attack i just think little kids have nothing better to do than go online and rant about how there on there rags.
 
I will let Ben Harper speak for me....

My choice is what i chose to do;
and if I'm causin no harm,
it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you chose to be;
and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me.
 
Real kick in the head is we all got over ourselves, and saw each other as human beings, rather then race, country, religion etc the world would be a better place.

Also had muslim friends from palestein, generous giving people, well unless you were a jew for obvious reasons, but other than them liking to talk about religion on occasion and the once and awhile prodding to come visit a mosque and see their faith in action etc, it was never a big deal that i like to do my own thing. And they made some darn fine turkish coffee god that stuff was good.

Yes, I believe that most Muslims are good and friendly. But in the same way as not all Christians are good, some of Muslims are not nice.
 
I just thought i would leave my thoughts,

yes there is alot of anti american people out there and the americans have thereself to blame.

They bang on about how good there country is and how it's superior when it's not,they also have started alot of wars and then us brits have to jump into help.then you have all this shutup "fa****" going on with the younger american teens

also the americans think they know it all and have the best of everything.

so yes alot of people dont like them and i know americans that hate being american.



A lot? Us dragging YOU in?

Not hardly.

Since the War for Independence, the Brits and us have been in the same war seven times...7. One of those was against each other (1812), two of those (WWI/WWII) YOU drug us in. Korea and the Balkans was the UN, not the US.

The only one's you have a legitimate gripe to are Gulf War I, Iraq and Afghanistan.

To borrow from Alfonso Rachel, we (U.S.) are not better than everyone else, we ARE everyone else.

Started with the natives that were here, then some Dutch, British, French and Spanish, then add in the Irish, Italians, some Germans, eastern Europeans, asians and africans, all added in, mixed together, a healthy sampling of folks from all parts of the planet.

Are there 'ugly Americans' out there? Yes, there are.

But no more per capita than any other country.
 
Its usually people that are anti-social that act this way. If you have enough friends with different cultures and backgrounds, you realise very quickly that people are people.

there's 20% leaders in the world who think for themselves and 80% that follow and let the media control what they think....media like 'top gear' recently. Because you like Jeremy Clarkson, it doesnt mean you have to agree with everything he says....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back