What is your B.M.I?

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 113 comments

What is your Body Mass Index?

• Total voters

Funny, my stepmom said she looked online and I was severly underweight. I think the United States use higher numbers than everyone else...

This is a very interesting question.

According to the calculations, my BMI is 29.4. A week ago, I had it tested by using calipers and a Trainer. It was 18.5. I'm due to get it tested again this coming weekend to see what changes my routine and diet have made.

I'm a bit of a "larger" guy. No measurements to give, but my Max Deadlift is over 200 lbs.

Very interesting.

Well isn't this fun and there goes what ounce of self-esteem I had.

246/(5.92^2)=34.25 B.M.I.

Maybe I calculated that wrong. 246lbs and 5' 11". Tell me I calculated it wrong....

Yes, it's true, I am obese and half way to severely obese. Feels good don't it? :)

Last edited:

Maybe I calculated that wrong. 246lbs and 5' 11". Tell me I calculated it wrong....

Yes, it's true, I am obese and half way to severely obese. Feels good don't it? :)
This is really designed to give regular people an idea of what their body type is like. For people like you that are serious lifters, its not even close. For me it wasn't even close. Have you ever been tested with Calipers?

OK... So Body Mass Index does not equal Body Fat Index. My body fat (as measured by Calipers) is 18.5%. I just used this Body Fat Calculator and it puts me at 15.26% Body Fat. Still not accurate, but getting closer.

Last edited:
Height: 6 feet, 1 and 2/10 inches
Weight: 185 pounds

Between 24-25 I guess, fair enough 👍

Have you thought about lifting weights? I hear that can help to lose weight. Try starting off low, like 700lbs.

Could be about right, I'm 233 and 6' 3", mine is 29.1 apparently. I have put on about 5lbs of late though. Just haven't had the change to go off-roading. :(

This is really designed to give regular people an idea of what their body type is like. For people like you that are serious lifters, its not even close. For me it wasn't even close. Have you ever been tested with Calipers?

I haven't, but the club does offer a body fat % analysis that uses calipers. I should check it out before I start my fat burning cross training this summer so I can get checked at the end of summer.

My BMI is 21.5 - the low end of average weight I guess.

1.87 meters (6 foot 2 inches)
76kg's last time I measured

Got my Body Fat tested this morning. 16.5% which is a 2% drop in 3 weeks. I've lost 6 pounds of Fat, and my Lean Muscle hasn't changed.

So the Workout regiment and the Diet I'm on has been effective. Now, to keep it going for 9 more weeks. That should put me at 10.5%, which is on target for my goal of 9-10% by the end of July. At that point, my workout regiment switches from Cutting fat to adding muscle. So my BMI will be even more out of whack with the "Standards"

Had a sudden attack of the curiouses and needed to play with numbers, so:

62.5kg / 138lb
185cm / 6'1"

= 18.3

DA's body fat link gave me 19.71% though :confused: although a large dinner probably didn't help that.

24.6 - so it says normal

But I don't put much stock in BMI because it ignores muscle mass entirely. At my height, with my weight, I could be either flabby or fit - and BMI has no idea which it is.

Edit: Tree'd

23.6 - I'm still pretty out of shape though, so I'm not going to put too much stock into that number.

6"2 106kgs, I'm about 30BMI, not bad considering I was about 42BMi at one point.

Growing in your 20s ftw!

Had put on about half a stone over the summer, (that's about 7lbs to you Yanks) just about knocked it all off, and am back down to 105kgs or so.

Just ran and checked mine again, my BMI has dropped to 29.3 since May. Yet my Body Fat is now at 11.8% and I'm weighing in at 201 lbs.

Looks like I'm very underweight. My BMI comes up as 17.0

Height= 5' 9''
Weight= 115 lbs.

Looks like I'm very underweight. My BMI comes up as 17.0

Height= 5' 9''
Weight= 115 lbs.
You'd be proper weight for a Supermodel. May I suggest a diet of Pizza and Ice cream?

Looks like I'm underweight perfect
evb1p3.gif

Height: 5' 9.3'' / 176cm
Weight: 112lb / 51kg
BMI: 16.46

Edit: in the last six months I have gained 6.6lb / 3kg, now my BMI is 17.43, so I left the first group.

Last edited:
I'm sitting at 22 for the BMI. I'm 5'7 and 140 pounds right now. (63.5 kg and a bit over 170cm for all of you backwards metric people 0_0)

Body fat % hovers around 10% right now. I'd like to get this down to around 7% ideally, but first I need to add some more muscle before I start worrying about the body fat.

Earlier this year my BMI was 20.5 and my body fat was 12.5% so something is working.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread because I have some things to share.

Last month I had the opportunity to get my body fat and muscle tissues measured.

My normal BMI was always around 22 - 23, now I'm at a 27.7, almost obese. It's getting worse. My visceral fat is at a dangerous high level ==> 12% and my body fat is 28%. Muscle tissue is only 33.3%. I sport almost every day. As a matter of fact, I just came home from the gym.

Thanks you medication! :grumpy:

Well I have 27.8 for my BMI. Last time I measured my BMI it was just under obese. I'm 6'1" and I weigh 211 pounds. I think I will crank the heavy metal up and start working out. Another problem is that my college has plenty of fatty foods. Not so good for the belly.

I lost a lot of muscular tissue last year when I relapsed in an even more severe clinical depression than the one in 2006 - 2008.

Last edited:
5'10" - 207 lbs (I'm not buff, I'm fat)

A month ago I was 217 pounds, (31.1 BMI). I hope to keep losing weight, my goal weight is around 170 pounds or so, which should be appropriate with my height and body type (I've always been rather stocky, and I have wide shoulders).

If I get my weight down to 170, that brings my BMI to 24.4 (assuming I don't get taller).

Last edited:
Back