What is your B.M.I?

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 113 comments

What is your Body Mass Index?

• Total voters
I'm leaving to the gym. I'm going to stretch for an hour or so, which I didn't do last night. [joke]I want to get taller so my BMI will be lower. [/joke]
It seems that I'm the only one that stretches that much in the gym and this is my second gym, I defected, :P

After my stretch I'm going to jog. I know it has to be the other way around but the gym closes at 12 noon (is that am or it is already pm). I just ate and have to wait a couple of hours before I jog, so I'm going to stretch in the mean time.

Will I ever be slim again and have a BMI of 22 -23???????? (I know excessive use of "?")

I'm quite underweight at 5'7" (=1.7 m) and 110 pounds (=50 kg), for a 17.2 BMI. It's been a little while since I last measured my height or my weight, so the calculation may be somewhat off, but it's in the ballpark. I could swear that I remember calculating a BMI in the 14s a few years ago when I was around 15 years old, but that doesn't even sound possible, so I probably just plugged in a wrong number somewhere, although it is probably true that the simplicity of the calculation compromises its meaningfulness at the extremes. I've always been extremely skinny, with no evident ability to maintain either body fat or muscle mass despite seemingly normal eating habits. :confused: I wish that I had a less extreme skin-and-bones build, but I hope that my metabolism doesn't slow too dramatically, because I'm used to eating as much as I can whenever I feel at all hungry, which sounds very conducive to becoming overweight in the future and a very difficult habit to break.

I'm down to about 200 pounds now, my BMI is 28.7 with that weight. It's nice to put on a pair of board shorts that fit perfectly this summer and now they're too big and they literally fall off of me.

but I hope that my metabolism doesn't slow too dramatically, because I'm used to eating as much as I can whenever I feel at all hungry, which sounds very conducive to becoming overweight in the future and a very difficult habit to break.

Mine slowed down after my last high school year. I went from 170 to 210, just why do cheez-it's have to be so delicious? Though I have been restricting myself from eating junk foods nowadays. I have been bringing frozen pizza(2 large slices for lunch) that is better to eat to college as that really does limit how much junk food I eat while I'm at college.

I just checked my weight today and I weigh about 204 pounds with a 73 inch height so that is an BMI of 26.9. I think the 70 push-ups that I did last night really helped. It's much better than my BMI of 27.8 I had posted before. I'm not gonna vote in the poll untill I get under 25 because it's an constant battle.

After my stretch I'm going to jog. I know it has to be the other way around

It's not that important, really. You can put jogging where ever you like. Most like a calm jog before lifting to warm up and loosing everything. I like it best afterwards because no matter what pace I run before lifting, my lifting performance always suffers. I also like it best afterwards to let it all sink in to put it like that and burn up those last calories I didn't use when lifting.

After 2 and a half months, an updat.

BMI: 26,5
Muscle: 33,9%
Visceral fat: 11%
Body fat: 27,1%

I'm improving.

They measure it with some big nippy things...
skinfoldcaliper.jpg

Not sharing all that data, but gambled on 25-30 and calculation shows I still fit in there.

Surely too heavy for any serious real life racing. (they expect around 70kg, best below, which would give me a normal low end BMI).

I'm weight in at 52kg and height in 1.8m so.. That would result in me with a BMI of 16.05. And that's underweight, severely underweight :scared:

My weight just dropped down to 199 pounds and at 73 inches my BMI is at 26.25. I'm just near the tip of normal weight! I think apples really help you to lose weight(I had two yesterday). My new goal is to hit 190 pounds now(that will get me into an BMI of 25!).

Today

BMI: 26,2
Muscle: 34,3%
Visceral fat: 11%
Body fat: 26,6%
Weight: 77.6 kg

Last edited:
My weight went back up to 201 pounds the past week and I just weighed at 198 pounds this morning. So my BMI is 26.1 at an height of 6 feet and an inch tall. Feels so good to be losing weight again.

Hmm, I guess I've gained muscle, because I've gained weight (back up to 205) but I've lost inches. I can fit into a size 36 waist again.

73 inches at 195 pounds is about 25.7. Getting closer to my goal of 190 pounds and I am starting to feel the energy I had before when I was lighter. All I did was get rid of junk food and replace that with apples. I also do sit-ups and push-ups in sets of 20.

I'm 6' 205. BMI about 27.5

For those Metric folks out there: ~1.8m and ~93kg

My day job is that I supervise the Cardio and Weight Rooms at a fairly large private Fitness/Tennis Club in my home town. My BMI says that I'm overweight, but I'm not. We actually got a Wii Fit for the Junior Fitness room here a while back, and one of the [very fit and muscular] trainers hopped on, put in his information, and once it weighed him the avatar was the fattest I've ever seen. It was hilarious.

We do a bunch of other tests that measure your metabolism, aerobic fitness, skin folds, etc. The last time I had an evaluation, the computer told me I needed to lose 2lbs (just under 1kg) to be a safe weight. I took that information, along with a newspaper, to the bathroom and... :lol:

We don't take BMI very seriously here.

73 inches at 190 pounds is about 25.06!! Finally made my goal weight and have set 180 pounds to be my new goal. Seems like I've proved to myself that I just need to eat 500 calories less(off from a 2500 calorie diet) and little exercise was needed to be done. Works well since it's very lax in the way of exercise and I replace my breakfast and snacks with a Apple. Have about a 1000 calorie lunch and another thousand for dinner. I lose about 1-2 pounds per week and it adds up.

Got down to 188 pounds despite my laziness of not doing any exercise. My BMI is down to 24.8, same height as before. It's a great feeling to know I'm starting to fit better in clothes other than casual.

5' 11", 10st 4lbs (144 lbs), 19.6 BMI. Or so the doctor's machine informed me the other week.

184 centimeters, 89 kilograms -> 26,3 That would actually be overweight, but my muscles and my eightpack says nope. :sly:

Finally lost another pound and now weigh 187 pounds. With my height set at 74"(I'm nearly 74" so why not), my BMI is now 24. Can't wait until I get down to 185 pounds and then 180 pounds. Feel so much better and I honestly need the energy for classes at college.

Back