What is your least favorite track?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 194 comments

Which environment do you hate to see?

• Total voters
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
When I see an upcoming race, my eyes immediately look to the track. A lot of them - most actually - I’m happy with. There are a couple I don’t like to see (I’m looking at you, rally tracks). But there’s one that, for me, stands above all else. Willow. If you’re driving a higher end car and something happens to cause you to touch the outside of a corner, you’re done. And unless someone went off with you, you’re probably in last place. Anyway.....don’t like Willow no matter how many times I race it (On a related note, Horse Thief mile has been banned from the speed walking circuit because of having to slow down too much for the turns). I’ve just given the environments to kind of narrow down the choices. That, and because most variations have similar qualities. I split up Nürburgring because of the vast difference between the two. Apologies if a thread like this has been made before - I didn’t find one in a quick search. Interested to see which track ‘wins’

But there’s one that, for me, stands above all else. Willow. If you’re driving a higher end car and something happens to cause you to touch the outside of a corner, you’re done. And unless someone went off with you, you’re probably in last place. Anyway.....don’t like Willow no matter how many times I race it (On a related note, Horse Thief mile has been banned from the speed walking circuit because of having to slow down too much for the turns).

I agree with you. The Big Willow is by far the 'worst' track to race on. It's a very misleading track because it promotes a high speed around most of it's corners but IMO it's actually quite an unforgiving technical track. Where with other courses, you can get away with having two or three different driving lines without losing much speed, the Big Willow demands one line throughout. It's the same with Interlagos, with the first corner and the sharp esses, and Surtess at the Brands Hatch GP.

But I'd say the Nordschleife is my worst. I love the track to bits, but if you mess up one of it's 150+ corners, then you have to live with that for the rest of the lap. It's also a nightmare for me now because I feel like I've hit my limit with this track. No matter if it's Gr.3, Gr.4 or a highly tuned street car, I can't get higher than the 6:30 mark.

I don‘t like Willow either but somehow I‘m still quite competitive at it if I don‘t crash myself off; and if that happens once in a race it‘s 100% sure it‘ll happen again and again 🤬
My vote goes to Alsace, such a trash track :yuck:

And whoever voted for the Nordschleife should be banned from life :lol:

I didn't vote because it's a tie between the oval tracks. I don't hate them cause I like the scenery (especially Northern Isle at night) and drafting can be exciting, but the lack of proper corners makes them boring. Also it's Dragon Trail, not "Tail". :P

I voted Northern Isle coz its velodrome style length is more suited to cycling.
As for the more regular circuits its got to be the unforgiving Willow in all its variants.
Suzuka and Interlagos are scary but a welcome challenge to get good at. Alsace is ok, less mistakes made on that.

Wow, I'm surprised to see so many dislike Alsace. It's one of my favorite courses.

My vote is for Suzuka, honorable mention goes to Interlagos. I want so hard to like both these tracks, but can never get myself dialed into either.

Tokyo, Willow Springs and Alsace tied for me... they’re all ****, together with all the offroad tracks. I don’t get why they even bother to put the offroas tracks in, their offroad physics have been **** since they were first added to the franchise.

I didn't vote because it's a tie between the oval tracks. I don't hate them cause I like the scenery (especially Northern Isle at night) and drafting can be exciting, but the lack of proper corners makes them boring. Also it's Dragon Trail, not "Tail". :P
Nooo....I can’t seem to edit a poll. Adding to that I hate spelling and grammatical errors if I see them. So this is going to be a big problem for me:nervous::scared::P

Willow Springs for me, especially horse thief mile. I constantly end up running wide or getting pushed wide into the dirt and that's effectively race over in a Sport race.

I don't particularly like Tokyo but I'm half decent at it. Would much rather Special Stage Route 5 if I'm honest.

I don't understand why so many people don't like Willow Springs. Although some of its corners are annoying, due to having no curbs and very many irregularities, which make it easy to mess up and get off-track and very hard to find the correct driving line, I still think it's a cool circuit.

I myself hate all dirt tracks in GTS (they're very unrealistic, fairly ugly, and the driving physics is terrible in that mode) and also dislike the oval tracks.

Excluding dirt and ovals, my vote would probably go to Alsace, because it's unrealistic and reminds of something from Need for Speed. The layout is cool and I enjoy driving there, but it's a fake race circuit disguised as a public driving road - it's a closed circuit without any crossings, without street signs, and the track is much too wide for a public road.

Last edited:
I don't understand why so many people don't like Willow Springs. Although some of its corners are annoying, due to having no curbs and very many irregularities, which make it easy to mess up and get off-track and very hard to find the correct driving line, I still think it's a cool circuit.

I myself hate all dirt tracks in GTS (they're very unrealistic, fairly ugly, and the driving physics is terrible in that mode) and also dislike the oval tracks.

Excluding dirt and ovals, my vote would probably go to Alsace, because it's unrealistic and reminds of something from Need for Speed. The layout is cool and I enjoy driving there, but it's a fake race circuit disguised as a public driving road - it's a closed circuit without any crossings, without street signs, and the track is much too wide for a public road.
You pretty much summed up why people don't like that track. The risk factor is too high to be worth the reward. You can say the same to the Nordschleife (And I can also say your own statement on that track, "Some of its corners are annoying, due to having no curbs and very many irregularities, which make it easy to mess up and get off-track and very hard to find the correct driving line, I still think it's a cool circuit.") :)

Willow Springs.. I’m so sorry to the ones who like it, I really am. Maybe it’s fun to drive in real life but I can’t stand racing on any of the willow spring tracks in GT. Other tracks might be worse but it’s just one track I have to avoid.. willow manages to have 3 whole courses I don’t enjoy racing on. :(

I voted for Alsace because it doesn't really do anything for me, I might've voted for a dirt track but they're used so rarely I kind of forget which is which and if any are actually any good.

I'd have to say Monza. For an old track it lacks flow, the version they use these days is a fiddly circuit that demands perfect breaking through the nasty two chicanes. Regarding the other corners Curva Grande is flat out in almost everything now, the Lesmos are OK but have been neutered from previous iterations, Ascari is still a good corner to be fair but they've kinda ruined Parabolica with all that tarmac on the outside.

All right, since I hate Rally in GTS (and in every GT entry) I’m gonna take these tracks off the topic.

For me, the worst track is Willow and its every variation. Ok, the corners are fast, it’s a technical track and it is unforgiving. But still the worst.

I maybe wrong but I think Willow is a track where you can feel the most the differences among cars’ behaviour. High power cars, low power cars, MR, FR, FF drivetrains, brake balance settings and so on.... it’s kinda hard (for some drivers) to adapt to whatever car they have in that damn track. That’s how I feel at least.

Latest Posts

Back