What is your least favorite track?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 194 comments

Which environment do you hate to see?

• Total voters
I have a very pure hatred in my heart for short ovals but I suppose they might include various ovals up to Daytona Talledega just because ovals are a part of motorsport.

I tend to agree. The original tracks are all a little too perfect and as a result boring. Too smooth, and often too obvious and predictable in terms of the racing line.

Contrast that with a real world track like Brands Hatch, where one member here described it as a track where almost all the corners are a trap. The line round the hatch isn't obvious at all when you first start driving it, and even once you know the line it can still seem somewhat counterintuitive in areas.

I can appreciate PD's efforts into creating drivable and detailed tracks, but it does seem at times that they used "The Dummies Guide to Track Design", followed it to the letter, and ended up creating some pretty soulless tracks in the process.
I tend to agree as well. I have nothing against fictional tracks but they should be engaging and have striking scenery (think Japanese tracks in Driveclub or Prague from Forza). GT circuits like Alsace or Kyoto don't tick any box for me. Bland to race on, bland to look at.

Prague from Forza is kind of not great either. Its not like Lauterbrunnen or Maple Valley.

And thats the biggest issue with the GTS PD tracks, none of them truly stand out as iconic unlike Grand Valley or Midfield or R246 or...

Tracks I hate and am terrible at:

Nurburgring (GP and full course)
Alsace
Mount panorama
Tokyo anything

Pretty much every other track I enjoy and am competitive at. I want to enjoy Nurburgring GP, but it makes me so frusrated

The Broad Bean "track". Really, it serves no use. An oval like Daytona, Texas, Phoenix. Something. Anything other than that layout.

At least Northern Isle has a certain arena about it at night. The Blue Moon track has a silly hairpin in an oval, but at least it's got the basics of an oval. The Bean is like the designer saw a rubberband on their desk and thought, "This will get me a promotion!".

There's only one corner of note at Broad Bean and its that turn 3 (in both directions) where its a tad blind turn at high speed where you get the best times by turning right into the apex... you know... if you stuff it up its a big accident.

Otherwise... nonsense track like the Northern Isle.

When I found out there's three tracks of Willow Springs in this game, I realized I could only feel comfortable with Big Willow. The rest of the layouts stink, given the fact that too slow and technical to enjoy. That's why I hate the Horsethief Mile and Streets of Willow. These are the two courses I hate the most.

I hated Alsace for months until a friend beat my time in Campaign and I had to run it for hours... once I really learned it I got within .5 of the Top10 and now I actually really enjoy the track. Same thing happened with Mount Panorama and I actually still really enjoy avoiding it! Besides Nurb I believe that Panorama is the most technically difficult track in the game.

What I would suggest is peolple gold the track experiernce. It's not 100% the solution to learning the tracks but even I learned a lot at many tracks, even tracks I thought I knew back to front.

I dont feel than any of the Sony tracks are all that inscrutible unlike Bathurst etc which people complain about.

I feel like I wont even truly master these tracks even though I can gold then and I do them 'well enough'.

Well the only original one I like is Dragon Trail , it’s a nice setting but the other original tracks are just bland imo.

Not a lover of Brands Hatch or Bathurst. Love Willow Springs though.

Weakest part of this game are the tracks, of the real-life ones only Bathurst and 'ring Gp is any good.

'Ring Full is ok but it's so long and it's one line only, and narrow, and a lot of mid speed corners.

Brands is horrible to race on, no natural passing areas anywhere if drivers stay on the road.

Big Willow, always off camber and so easy to slide to china

Suzuka, not bad i guess but on eline mostly.

Really, really missing the tracks from Project Cars, Spa, Road America, Oulton Park, Hockenheim, Imola etc etc ....... all better than those listed above and the fake tracks all feel ... fake.

Hi guys, first post on here so hope I do it right. So, probably been discussed before, but what is a track you hate? Have never liked? My choice would be Fuji, there is just not one corner I like on the whole track, it's just horrible, doesn't flow like say, Silverstone or Interlagos... Your views please

ha ha, I don't mind the main track there, willow springs I mean, but the" inner field " ones there are awful.... Cars don't blummin fit the roads there!! Crap

I like city tracks because once mastered, they can give excellent racing, l like the fact there is no room for error, cornering at 140mph milemetres from the barrier....
They seem to be useful for cars that have a lot of understeer.

For some reason, I don't like them too.

I like city tracks because once mastered, they can give excellent racing, l like the fact there is no room for error, cornering at 140mph milemetres from the barrier....

You mean there's no room for someone else's error. That's why I hate them. Not because I hit the wall on my own but because I have no escape route.

They might be fine for street cars at slow speed, not surprisingly since that's what a highway is meant for.

I wouldn't say I fully hate it, but Alsace. This track at times can frustrate me to no end in races, especially the reverse layout at night. However, I love the scenery of the track and enjoy the elevation changes. I also like the first few corners on the circuit. It's just the middle part is where I get annoyed. It has one of those (I don't know what it's called) loop turns that looks like it can be taken fast, but turns out to be tighter (I often crash at this turn). Then, there's 2 chicanes come out of nowhere. I see them on the map, but I still am not prepared for them.

It's amazing Alsace is hated over Broad Bean. I guess out of sight, out of mind.
The only problem with that track to me is that it's boring. However, I can't hate a track for being boring.

You mean there's no room for someone else's error. That's why I hate them. Not because I hit the wall on my own but because I have no escape route.

They might be fine for street cars at slow speed, not surprisingly since that's what a highway is meant for.
Racing a go-kart in them might be a pleasurable experience though.

I know the original post is old now but I’m missing Autopolis as an alternative. The track is OK but it has been overused so much I get frustrated as soon as I see it pop up as a daily race again.

It's amazing Alsace is hated over Broad Bean. I guess out of sight, out of mind.
To me it's just that awful, pointless track that took longer than it should to get gold in track experience! Thank god its never used for actual races!

I hate Autopolis the most. Dislike Tsukuba and Fuji (unless its a Gr.2 race). I guess controversially i also really dislike Dragon Trail Gardens!

Back