What is your least favorite track?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 194 comments

Which environment do you hate to see?

• Total voters
I don't mind Alsace. Doing the Gr.4 15 lap Mission race, is pretty good practice.
I agree the banks seem unrealistic for a proper road. However, jumping over to California's Hwy 1 in Project Cars 2, that looks crazy as a real road as well. There's another track, Bonachbrea(?). That's a doozie, with its undulations and crazy corners through a town(minutely similar to Isle of Mann).

Another track I don't like, the Tokyo inner loop. The short "square" layout, in Forward and reverse. It's so bad in Sport Mode. Really shouldn't be any racing there.

I can’t believe big willow is getting so many votes. it’s a real track, it’s got historical significance. it has a different rhythm and feel compared to most modern circuits.
Alsace is by far the most boring for me, it’s supposed to be a road track but it appears to just be a ring of tarmac in the middle of the countryside with no adjoining roads, who and why would you build a road like that?. Doesn’t feel or look like a real circuit, probably the worst fantasy track in the GT series.

The Nordschleife. They don't call it the Green Hell for nothing. In real life, it may be brilliant. But there is only so much that you can simulate in a video game.

I can’t believe big willow is getting so many votes.

Probably because it's a bland desert dust bowl. There's absolutely no scenery to enjoy there. And when it's raced, you can be punted into the dust shadow realm... And keep going for eternity.

Now compare Willow to Spa, in the gorgeous Ardennes countryside. And then tell me which one looks prettier to race on.

Probably because it's a bland desert dust bowl. There's absolutely no scenery to enjoy there. And when it's raced, you can be punted into the dust shadow realm... And keep going for eternity.

Now compare Willow to Spa, in the gorgeous Ardennes countryside. And then tell me which one looks prettier to race on.

I dont even think its that much about aesthetics.... Willow Springs is one of those tracks that you kind of need to know exactly what the corner is like WITHOUT much in the way of braking cues... there are tracks in equally desolate places that you can at least get a bearing on what corner is what.

Isnt Laguna Seca also situated in a "dust bowl" type area?

The only reason we at GT world does well on Willow Springs is that we've been on it for over a decade or more.

My least used circuit is undoubtedly Broad Bean Raceway. I've not been there in well over a year and, unless an event is added in GT League, I'll not go back either.

If environmental aesthetic is what the survey is about then I'm with many others in saying Willow Springs.

Willow.

Sharp turns connected to wide turns connected to a wide turn connected to a sharp turn. Stop and go, stop and go, over and over. It doesn't feel like a race track to me, it feels like I'm stuck in rush hour traffic.

Voted Willow Springs a while ago but since the Hamilton DLC I actually started to like the track.
The Horse Thief mile version is still a piece of garbage.

While I understand the lack of visual stimulus at Big Willow, I love the track itself. It has that little bit of challenge that most people dismiss. There are brake markers for everyone, as long as the rookies don't spin off & take them out. Even if they do, I've put in enough time & laps to survive with a minimal loss of speed & lap time. And if PD could get their junk together, fools that punt you into the desert should get their penalty. Might not allow you to reclaim your spot, but it takes a higher finishing position away from the rammers.

A lot of people detest Willow. It's important to use the proper car for the track. It would be insane to think you could run the W08 on Horse Thief but in the right car it's a blast. There is just no correct car for Fuji. If you choose a car that's fun on the last third of the track you fall asleep on the long straight.

Northern Isle for me. Maybe only good for cart racing. Otherwise just mindless.

All the other tracks depend on racing style and preferred car category. I like Big Willow, but don't have any use for the other Willow Springs tracks. To me, certain tracks are only good with certain car categories. I don't take any GR class car on Big Willow, prefer N300 to N600 cars on it. On the other hand, I'll take GR.1 and 2's on Maggiore, but nothing under N500 on it.

My preference is also for tracks with guard rails, but not walls - let me make some mistakes without ruining the entire race.

To those voting willow springs, I feel the track is good, just has too many j curves. Brings GT2 IC-1 &I C-2 vibes back.

Sharp turns connected to wide turns connected to a wide turn connected to a sharp turn. Stop and go, stop and go, over and over.
You've accidentally just put my thoughts about Dragon Trail Seaside into words with great accuracy. Many people seem to love it - well I don't.

Can only echo some sentiments from earlier, an unbelievable amount of votes for Willow Springs. Yeah, Horse Thief is pretty terrible honestly but Big Willow is a really nice track, I remember that it was used quite a lot in the beta actually but has since been seen very sparsely. The Hamilton TT DLC made me enjoy it even more.

Obviously with all the sand, extreme caution is required when racing there online with others since a small touch which on another track would mean a 1,5 - 2 sec loss, here instead becomes 10, maybe 15 seconds if you’re unlucky.

If you have time to enjoy the scenery, you’re not going fast enough :D

Last edited:
Back