What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 817 comments
12109172_871046243003545_3293437793032269541_n.jpg

bottom is My Father My King EP. arrived on the mail a week ago. gold stuff.

the last vinyl i've bought was Madvillainy.

Last two albums I bought were Sunflower Bean's Human Ceremony

and the 2014 remaster of Deep Purple's Made In Japan

Lately I've bought the following;

Volbeat - Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie
Whitford/St. Holmes - Reunion
Steven Tyler - We're All Somebody From Somewhere
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies

bless me father for i have sinned.jpg

Bless me Father for I have sinned.

(Even though I don't actually know what the big deal is with hating Nickelback. I mean sure, they're not amazing. But there's nothing wrong with them.)

Adding onto the albums I bought this year, here are 4 I have on order;

Alter Bridge - The Last Hero
Airbourne - Breakin' Outta Hell
Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct
The Answer - Solas

Language warning, just scored the album 7 mirrors by Drapht.
Also Dub Fx - Thinking Clear, which is a favorite at the moment and getting thrashed.

5619305_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

7321018_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

CS1702765-02A-BIG.jpg

20094157_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

I am a big fan, but I owned exactly "one" song of hers on iTunes & not a single album. Got $15 code to use at Bestbuy for some survey today, so immediately decided on one of her albums. But if you want free shipping, you have to buy a couple more, so picked up 2 more CDs(had $5 credit there, too!).

"Best of" I think is her earlier stuff, which I adore. I may not own her CDs, but I'm familiar with her earlier music from iTunes & youtube!

After being on a bit of money drought, I finally bought another iTunes card at Wal Mart and I quickly started buying the songs I had on my list I had made over time. Here is what I bought:

• "My Cellmate Thinks I'm Sexy" by Cledus T. Judd. Despite knowing about him for over a decade, it wasn't until a few months ago I started listening to his other songs and now I wish I done so sooner. This song not only is a good parody of one I know and like, but it also cracks me up. :lol:
  • "Live Those Songs" by Kenny Chesney. An old favorite I used to love when I was younger and I don't know why I don't already have this because it's still one of my personal favorites from him.
  • "Diggin' Up Bones" by Randy Travis. A song I heard only a time or two way back in like 2006 or 2007 and never again. The song kind of puzzled me from time to time and I recently started thinking about it again, so I finally bought it. Though I kind of wish I had waited and listening to it after buying it, it's quickly becoming a new favorite for me.
  • "I Hate Everything (50 Number Ones Version)" by George Strait. Pretty much the same as above. The times I heard this song I was only half awake and it was about as long ago as when I heard "Digging Up Bones". It's a wonder how I still remember it. I used to think it was by Joe Nichols, but it wasn't until a few months ago I learned it was by George Strait.
  • "Good Girl" by Carrie Underwood. One of my favorite songs by her, I don't know why I don't already have it....
  • "Kiss This" by Aaron Tippin. Known this song since I was a kid, but didn't really know who it was by until recent years. Always have been rather fond of it, so I finally bought it.
  • "Like the Rain" by Clint Black. Same as "Digging Up Bones", except it used to kind of creep me out and I can still see why, but I still like it.
  • "Life" by Frankie Ballard. The title of the song, which I purposely left part of it out, put me off from buying it for a while, but I finally decided to buy it regardless since the song has a good meaning.
  • "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. Though I don't play GTA V, I do like this song and it is one I wanted for a while. I was originally going to just rip it from the game, but I decided to buy it since the game doesn't have it at full length.
  • "Mr. Mom" by Lonestar. Yet another old favorite from my childhood I am surprised I don't already have. What I really need now is the video because that's the part I just can't forget.
I have enough left to buy one more song, but I haven't yet decided what it will be. I only buy new music about once a month so I won't post too often here.

Picked up another soundtrack. Only £1 so couldn’t argue with that.

5F90508E-71BA-4B2D-A09C-D6BCFAFB88BB.jpeg

For recent record purchases check the Vinyl thread.

xtcgo2vin.jpg

Finally snatched this up on playable vinyl, as my other copy is signed. Now the CD can stay on the rack.

(Even though I don't actually know what the big deal is with hating Nickelback. I mean sure, they're not amazing. But there's nothing wrong with them.)
They took all the goodwill for Canadia's music industry brought forth by Geddy, Alex and Neil, tossed it on the heap, buried it in feces and set it ablaze.

:grumpy:

:lol:

Picked up a SACD copy of “Cantate Domino”. A recommendation from a friend as a demonstration on how good recordings can be. I did some checking and it’s supposed be a disc used at HiFi shows to demonstrate the quality of the systems on show.

It’s not bad, but I’ve heard better recordings.

19574978-CDC8-4388-B52D-2632807012F9.jpeg

Picked up a SACD copy of “Cantate Domino”. A recommendation from a friend as a demonstration on how good recordings can be. I did some checking and it’s supposed be a disc used at HiFi shows to demonstrate the quality of the systems on show.

It’s not bad, but I’ve heard better recordings.

View attachment 748130
Back in the late 80's early 90's we used a Linn pressing of A walk across the rooftops by The Blue Nile.

Back in the late 80's early 90's we used a Linn pressing of A walk across the rooftops by The Blue Nile.

It’s still used I believe and the pressing you’re talking about still fetches a princely sum for a good condition copy.

It’s still used I believe and the pressing you’re talking about still fetches a princely sum for a good condition copy.
My old boss nabed the shop copy for himself when it closed down a few years ago for that very reason.

I never had the Linn pressing, but I remember when I first picked up the CD. I thought "where's the music?" It just seemed so unmusical at first. Within a month, it was just about the only thing I was listening to and it's still one of my all time favorite records.

Back