What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 817 comments
Sometime early last week, I boiught 8 CDs in one shopping spree. The list includes:

• Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo to Anywhere
  • Eric Clapton - The Cream of Clapton
  • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
  • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin iI
  • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
  • Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
  • The Libertines - Up the Bracket
  • Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Last Thursday I think it was . . . not really sure. After having destroyed the display on my iRiver by accident, I went out and picked myself up a 30GB iPod. The next day I went back to Best Buy picked up a case for it, along with two more CDs. That list includes:

• Jay-Z - The Blueprint
  • Jay-Z - The Black Album

Good choices, Dark Side of the Moon and the Zeppelin Albums are certainly must-haves. And although most people here probably can't stand Jay-Z, I will say that The Blueprint is one of my favorite rap albums (The Black Album is ok) If you like Jay-Z a lot you should pick up his debut album though, "Reasonable Doubt", it blows all of his other stuff out of the water, even the excellent Blueprint album.

Does anybody besides Matt have anything to say about Jurassic 5's new album Feedback. I agree with him that it's their worst album, but you also must consider that I'm comparing it to two spectacular J5 albums. I'd say I like about 3/4 of the songs on the album. My favorite is "Back 4 You", which has a really cool and relaxed sound, and my most hated is the awful "Brown Girl"

Also, Volta's new album "Amputechture" is tits.

I'm not much of a impulse shopper, but I was one just few minutes ago at Target. :D

Journey - Greatest Hits

I've been checking out their music for a while. It's another one of those artists that I didn't care for when I was a kid in the 80's, but I'm warming up to them now that I'm a lot older. Very good collection for $10. :)

Talk about bringing a thread back out of no where.

But for Christmas I got:

• The Beatles - Love
  • Oasis - Whatever (Single)
  • The Who - The Who Sings My Generation
  • The Who - Who's Next
  • The Kinks - The Village Green Preservation Society

I was the thread starter, so I wasn't about to forget about it! :D

Oasis - Whatever has one of the coolest cover/jacket. I won't bring the thread back, but I posted it in here too.

Didn't just buy them, but they're still fairly new.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Montreux (1982 & 1985) [2 Disc Album].
Deep Purple - Best of Deep Purple.

I've got alot of SRV in my collection, so not a whole lot new there. Just some different versions I haven't heard before. I'm enjoying the Deep Purple alot.

I didn't buy it but I want to get it cuz I have this thing about actually having the real disc but, I got Trivium - The Crusade from a friend recently, and it is a very good album. They are not nearly as much screamo as on their other albums.

I also recently got Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind on CD. It's awsome cuz that's my favorit album of theirs and now I can actually listen to it in my car.

I got Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too by New Radicals.

CD cost under five bucks, including the shipping at half.com. What a buy. "You Get What You Give" and "Someday We'll Know". I liked those two songs so much, I had to have the CD. It was worth every penny. 👍

i bought Element Eighty - Element Eighty 2 days ago............great album. a few months ago i bought Trivium - The Crusade and Fear Factory - Transgression. both very good in my opinion.

viper

viperpilot, is The Crusade as good as Ascendancy? Might get it next time I'm CD shopping.

Yesterday, I bought the Arctic Monkeys - Who the !$%* Are Arctic Monkeys? single from Hastings. I have listened to it a couple times now and it is pretty good.

Roo
viperpilot, is The Crusade as good as Ascendancy? Might get it next time I'm CD shopping.

Ascendancy and The Crusade are completely different in terms of sound. Screaming is practically gone on The Crusade (which IMO is a good move). Ascendancy took me a while to get used to (mainly because of the screaming), while I took to The Crusade instantly. If you are a fan of Metallica/Pantera or similar bands, I think you will like The Crusade. Matthew K. Heafy sounds surprisingly similar to James Hetfield on The Crusade.

I bought on it's release date (about the first of September) the "A Matter Of Life And Death".
Also, that's the first original album that I have ever bought...:nervous: :nervous: :crazy: :ill:

I got "Regretfully Yours" by Superdrag today. I used to like couple of songs from them, like over 10 years ago(where did all that time go! :ill: ). Great CD. 👍

I'm wierd.

M.O.V.E. - Boulder
Avex Super Eurobeat Presents - VIP 3

Oh, got the soundtracks for Ouran High School Host Club and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya recently, too...

Ascendancy and The Crusade are completely different in terms of sound. Screaming is practically gone on The Crusade (which IMO is a good move). Ascendancy took me a while to get used to (mainly because of the screaming), while I took to The Crusade instantly. If you are a fan of Metallica/Pantera or similar bands, I think you will like The Crusade. Matthew K. Heafy sounds surprisingly similar to James Hetfield on The Crusade.

Excellent! I'll pick it up next time I'm in town.

I bought 3 Alkaline Trio Albums off of the Amazon marketplace a few days ago. I ordered Alkaline Trio (Self Titled EP Compilation), From Here To Infirmary and Good Mourning. I've recieved them all except the self titled album which will probably be in today. From Here To Infirmary and Good Mourning are both great albums. I'd reccomend them to anyone whos into that type of music. Good Mourning is one of those CDs that you can just listen to over and over. From Here To Infirmary has many songs that seem to get stuck in your head for days. Really good stuff 👍.

Bloc Party - A weekend in the City. Just been dispatched from Amazon.

"Due to contacts in the music industry" I've already heard it but I still like to buy the real thing.

The Good, the Bad and the Queen. I was struggling to enjoy it on the first listen, yet as with most Albarn stuff, you generally come to appreciate the cleverness of his chords, hooks and melodies after a few goes through. Good stuff, though it's not the same without Coxon.

Last CD - Oasis - Stop the clocks.
CD in the post from Play - Red Hot Chillis - Stadium Arcadium.

How do you like Stop the Clocks? I have considered buying it; but being that I have all of Oasis's albums as it is, I did not see the point.

Well, if you've got all of them you've almost certainly got all the tracks on it?

I think it's great btw 👍

I do have all the tracks on the album, I was just wondering if there is any reason for me to pick it up.

Back