What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 817 comments
Well, bought some new cds. Wanted some music that sounded a little different than most in my library.

I bought:

Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight (Bleed it Out is the best LP song evar IMHO)
Sugarcult - Start Static (really catchy stuff, good driving music)
Third Eye Blind - A Collection (Saw it, and had to get it. 3eb was one of my first bands i ever listened to)
And (don't Laugh) Daughtry. I hate American Idol, but his album is Great. All the songs sound extremely good. He can rock rather hard too.

My last purchases:

- Amy Winehouse: Back to Black: Easily one of the best records this year, and its a shame that it has taken her this long to catch-on here in the US. People, strangely, always find it odd that I like her. But hey, when its good music, its good music.

- Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly, Angry Mob: Definitely a front-runner for best album in '07. It is quite good front to back, and yet again, I'm shocked that it is taking them this long to catch-on here in the US.

- Klaxons: Myths of the Near Future: I first heard of them with the music we play at work everyday, and after venturing out to buy their CD, I have to say that I'm impressed. Although, their music certainly isn't for everyone.

- Locksley: Don't Make Me Wait: Again, yet another severely underrated band here in the US. Sure, they may be somewhat "underground," but their sound is fantastic. Its kinda like crossing the Beatles with The Stones, and it turns out quite well... Especially for a bunch of Americans. I know that The Killers have been called "The best British band from America," but Locksley may take that honor away...

You know, I think I will check out the (kind of)new Kaiser Chiefs. I did like their previous album. 👍

My purchase on Friday included:
  • The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
  • Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
  • Kings of Leon - Youth & Young Manhood
  • Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
  • The View - Hats Off to the Buskers
  • Oasis - Stand by Me single
  • Oasis - Some Might Say single

My purchase on Friday included:
  • The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
  • Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
  • Kings of Leon - Youth & Young Manhood
  • Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
  • The View - Hats Off to the Buskers
  • Oasis - Stand by Me single
  • Oasis - Some Might Say single
Most of the B-Sides that were found on Oasis' earlier singles were as good as the songs featured on the albums themselves, if not better. Early Oasis were mind boggling talent. 👍

A friend of mine had found a store near campus that sells records on vinyl and they also sell a bunch of stuff on CDs also. The store has some stuff that is brand new and some stuff that is used. Looking over the Oasis section of the CDs, I saw that they had the Some Might Say and Stand by Me singles and I pretty much had to have them. It is always neat to own something of a band that you are a big fan of that is not normally available. Plus it was a big bonus that the two of them only cost $6.45 with tax. While I was there I was looking through some of the vinyls and I had considered buying Abbey Road on vinyl, along with the Arctic Monkeys' Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and Favourite Worst Nightmare, but I did not.

I already had the three B-sides on Some Might Say with The Masterplan and for those of you that have no idea what B-sides are on Some Might Say, they are Talk Tonight, Acquiesce, and Headshrinker. Acquiesce is an absolutely essential Oasis song to own and Talk Tonight is a very classic song sung by Noel. Also, Headshrinker definitely holds its own.

On Stand by Me, the B-sides are (I Got) The Fever, My Sister Lover, and Going Nowhere. I have only heard Going Nowhere out of the three, as it is also on The Masterplan, and it is also an exceptional song sung by Noel.

For those of you that are Oasis fans and do not have The Masterplan, you should really pick it up. It a collection of Oasis B-sides up until the beginning singles of Be Here Now. Some of the B-sides are as strong as anything on Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. I have already mentioned a couple of the songs on The Masterplan as they are on the singles I recently bought and the rest of the albums is extremely good.

Oasis are one of my favorite bands, so I do have all the singles + The Masterplan. Indeed Masterplan would be a great purchase for casual Oasis listeners. You should be able to pick up a used to copy for next to nothing.

I almost forgot, Some Might Say single has some of the best B-Sides, including the slower(demo?) version of the title song. That CD's worth every penny. :)

Oasis is pretty much one of my top two favorite bands; the other is The Beatles. So I am pretty much casually buying the singles as I find them. Right now I just have Some Might Say, Stand by Me, and Whatever. Oasis singles just do not come by very often, used or new, around here, so I tend to snatch up what I can find.

Trivium - Ember to Inferno

I bought that recently too.

Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight (Bleed it Out is the best LP song evar IMHO)

What's it like? I've heard mixed reviews of it. I'll probably get it eventually anyway (I've already got Hybrid Theory and Meteora), but was just curious to hear from a GTPer.

Latest CD purchase: Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast. £6 from a stall at the Download festival in Donington. Wasn't bothered to begin with, but it's growing on me.

Roo
What's it like? I've heard mixed reviews of it. I'll probably get it eventually anyway (I've already got Hybrid Theory and Meteora), but was just curious to hear from a GTPer.

It's very different from any LP album. I personally liked it, but a lot of others hate it because It's so different. The rapping from Shinoda (when he does, very little) is top notch, and is possibly the most well thought out verses he's ever done. All the heavy stuff is great, but there are quite a few slow songs, so if you aren't a fan of slower stuff, the album may not be what your looking for. It's worth checking out at least.

my lastest music-purchase was "White Stripes - Icky Thump", as far as i listened to it, i quite like it...........

viper

I'm buying it after work. I can't wait, I've been wanting it ever since I heard Icky Thump on the radio. Thats an awesome track.

A day or two ago, I bought The Who's The Who Sell Out. It is not a very serious album, but kinda funny.

my lastest music-purchase was "White Stripes - Icky Thump", as far as i listened to it, i quite like it...........

viper
Nice. I liked that song on the radio, I might have to pick that song up on iTunes.....

Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight. I love it, and I can't understand why some people are dogging this new CD. They have grown musically and that has turned out to be a good thing.
cdlinkinpark05140765271vm8.png

Chevelle, Vena Sara. This my first Chevelle CD after hearing them on the radio for so long and I gotta say what the hell was I waiting for. This new CD is fantastic from top to bottom.
0btqv5zouxfp65154aezo8.png

Faith No More - Angel Dust
Faith No More - This Is It - The Best Of
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
Megadeth - Greatest Hits - Back To The Start
Motley Crue - Red, White & Crue

I keep forgetting to post in this thread when I buy something. Last week, I bought:
  • Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
  • Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full
  • Supergrass - Road to Rouen

I've gone to my early teens of late with these..

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler
Goldfinger - The Best Of

Good times.
:)

Got:-

Ulrich Schnauss: Goodbye
Unkle: War Stories

both fantastic albums

any good, Ive got Jaku, Zen, and another one I cant remember the name, I also like Cam, Kentaro & Shadow great music, actually found a night club in my local City Leeds called Elbow Room, they play this stuff and have live acts, they have even had Kentaro too, I weas shocked as I had no Idea, come payday im going out for a night out to see what its like once its full and got a live act on. 👍

just ordered

Good Shoes - Think Before You Speak (Special Edition)

Back