What Mystery Wheel is Fanatec Teasing?

Well turns out it was my bank blocking it, had a lovely call from them this morning from the anti-fraud department, yes it was me thank you very much and to add insult to injury the £ has lost some more value today so it'll cost an extra £2 if I do go for it!

Still bitter they messed up the code so I had no chance of getting a Momo rim, I'll reassess once I've calmed down and got some sleep. Fanatec gear is selling for good prices right now as the £ is screwed so I may just go for it as I won't be losing much on what I paid last year and it's always good to try different brands.

I bet by the time I get home it will be sold out for the final kick in the balls though.

Still keep checking for the Fanatec deals though don't I!
I always get this when I spend over £300. It's really annoying, but good as well.

Atwork do you have the Drive Hub yourself with the V2 or V2.5? If you do will please let us know how satisfied you are or your experience? I am trying to decide right now and I would really rather go iwth the V2.5 over the CSL Elite for various reasons...unless the DD wheel IS around the corner.

You and me both! I could write up the NDA, I was just drafting one yesterday for work! :lol:
I have a v2 with a p1 wheel v3 pedals. Set up is easy. The box for the hub is very small it can be attached to your rig no problem. My cockpit is a raceroom, it looks just like a play seat without the bar in between your legs. 270 for the cockpt 400ish last year for the v2. I got the v3 pedals for 300ish last year. I love the set up. The Hub makes it all worth it. Gt is decent but could be better. There is no lag or anything. The fediloty is decent but will improve once there is a dedicated fanatec driver. Assetto works great. I should try drive club but I have racing games coming out my ears right now. I have forza, pcars2, gt and all I seem to want to play is gt.I have yet to try anything else but I am happy with my purchase. If you pick up a used v2 and get a good deal the drive hub is worth it. I will say though I would be tempted to just get the csl elite since people say they like the pedals and then with a p1 wheel you can use it on the xbox.
I don't feel like any of the hype about the drive hub was off it is as advertised. If you are on the fence at about getting a v2 or v2.5 because of the ps4/fanatec issues the hub really is a great solution. I had some issue with my cursor moving around but I think it has to do with my ps4 controller not my drive hub. I had to reset things once or twice but I did not feel like it was a huge issue.

Last edited:
e3e309e11dd7622a3434c95bf81e6d.jpg

It's a brand new product. Not sure why you would expect it to be offered as a deal.

It is says so. I thought it would just be anounced on Black Friday. I suppose it will be offered in a good price for pre- ordering . Then . . . yes it is a deal.

I did cancel my Friday order and waiting to hear back; so I can make plans for my Black Friday purchases.

Haha, honestly it's such a dilemma right now, I love researching stuff before I buy to know I've got the best thing for whatever budget I set and whether I need to adjust it or not but it's killing me not having any Fanatec details to go off of!

I feel weak for not waiting but I think I'm just going to go for the Accuforce because it's here now and switch back to Fanatec if it ends up a lot better and take the financial hit selling stuff if need be. We'll see what pops up tomorrow though before making my final decision.
Just spoke to Accuforce today, my CSLE will be boxed and returned within the next 14 days.

So I have seen a picture of the front of the wheel elsewhere. Basically google ads messed up and displayed adverts early, someone saw one before they were pulled and made a screenshot. All I can say is instant buy! Looks great and converting the price from Aussie dollars as it was displayed in the ad to GBP shows it very reasonably priced. @CTstryk was spot on!

It doesn't seem to say what it's made out of, if it's actual carbon fibre mold and strong enough for DD then I'll get it for a USB conversion I think!

Wow that’s an awesome wheel! With that you can upgrade to both a clutch and an analog handbrake if you don’t have them! I just wish it had vibration motors.

For that price? It’s already an amazing deal! Adding more will drive that price up significantly.

No I understand. I would never expect vibration motors at that price, and it is a fantastic price for what you get. But I would happily pay a bit more for vibration motors. Maybe they could make a Clubsport version with the quick release, vibration motors, and carbon fiber construction for $250? ;)

Though I just described the Formula rim, but that doesn't have the clutch paddle.

Well, I went ahead and did a preorder for the McLaren GT3 wheel. Glad it works with my ClubSport V2.0, as well as Xbox One right out of the gate. Have my DriveHub, so it should work on PS4 then too.

Also went and ordered the V3 pedals, but decided not to do the inverted V3 pedals even though they are the same price. I went with the V3 pedals mainly because the inverted would take up too much room for me right now, with my cheap wheel stand, and having to modify it for it to fit. I'm too lazy for that, :lol:.

Just noticed there is a gas/brake mode for those clutch paddles. Might be a big deal for people with disability with their feet/legs.
That was my first thought when I read it also. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Will miss my rev lights however.

Just noticed there is a gas/brake mode for those clutch paddles. Might be a big deal for people with disability with their feet/legs.

That was my first thought when I read it also. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Will miss my rev lights however.

Yeah, and there was a post about a guy that wanted steering wheel controls as he was Paraplegic. So I believe that should work for him, once he has all that is need for it work.

It is a good looking wheel. I'm more interested in the screen. Will that make it to future Fanatec wheel rims?

And how does the QR collar work? Not having the wheel base to run this rim, I kind of want to get one just because of how cool it looks. I'm fine with plastic pseudo carbon fiber. At least all the knobs and switches on the wheel actually does something.

Edit:

After reading the blurb about the Quick Release system, something tells me that the QR system will work on all 3 of the P1 rims. If so, then this is incredible! Way to think ahead Fanatec!

Edit 2:
It will not work on the P1 variants.

Last edited:
There is a new quick release that bolts directly to the mclaren wheel and I believe it will also be compatible with the csl elite wheel. You can pre order this also for 100$. Both cost 296$, shipping included in U.S. I just ordered the F1 wheel for 218$ that comes with the quick release.

That quick release is only going to benefit DD and CSW wheelbase owners right?

Would have been great if there was a way to convert a CSL wheelbase into a quick release ready base.

That quick release is only going to benefit DD and CSW wheelbase owners right?

Would have been great if there was a way to convert a CSL wheelbase into a quick release ready base.
The McLaren wheel fits on the CSL, it has a plastic semi Quick Connect Mount which comes off and you replace it with the quick connect using bolts and that also will work with the CSL. That's why the Quick Connect is optional but will work on the CSL because I bought the F1 rim with the Quick Connect already attached for 218 and it's compatible with the CSL Elite for PS4.

The McLaren wheel fits on the CSL, it has a plastic semi Quick Connect Mount which comes off and you replace it with the quick connect using bolts and that also will work with the CSL. That's why the Quick Connect is optional but will work on the CSL because I bought the F1 rim with the Quick Connect already attached for 218 and it's compatible with the CSL Elite for PS4.

Ok, it seems i was confused then. The QR attachment on sale for $99 makes any CSL Elite Wheel into a true quickrelease even on the CSL Elite wheelbase. I thought only CSW and DD wheelbases would get the true quick release benefit.

Ok, it seems i was confused then. The QR attachment on sale for $99 makes any CSL Elite Wheel into a true quickrelease even on the CSL Elite wheelbase. I thought only CSW and DD wheelbases would get the true quick release benefit.

From Mclaren rim and beyond Fanatec wheels will be compatible with the Qr. Not P1. It is writen on the specs.

Back