What to buy? Car by invitation or legendary cars?

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 20 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
As long as credits are short, I try to optimise what I can buy.
I got an invitation to buy 3 Ferraris from the dealership. At the same time legendary cars will be rotated out.
What do you prioritise ATM?

It seems that Legend Cars are only there for 4 days to buy until they switch out, so prioritize them. Invitations are valid for two weeks or so.

I prioritize a money maker first. GR 2 wipes the floor with the final championship. The Alpha Romeo 155 cleans up on GR 4 Brands Hatch. I was going to save for the Pennzoil Skyline but I keep blowing it.

How on earth do you get invitations? I've received one only for the Lamborghini Veneno but desperately want to buy the Carrera GT. I now have enough credits and have added it to my wish list but can't seem to get the invitation... Pretty frustrating

That's all I seem to get are invitations. Got one for Bugatti. I could care less, as I'm not buying those cars. I want those engine swap tickets!!!

How on earth do you get invitations? I've received one only for the Lamborghini Veneno but desperately want to buy the Carrera GT. I now have enough credits and have added it to my wish list but can't seem to get the invitation... Pretty frustrating
I got an invitation for the Carerra GT randomly. I didn't win it in a spin or anything, just got the icon over brand central after doing a menu book, with no indication from the cafe it was their doing.

That's all I seem to get are invitations. Got one for Bugatti. I could care less, as I'm not buying those cars. I want those engine swap tickets!!!
I've won several 4-star tickets lately with no luck. It's definitely rigged to favor low payouts. When it lands on the one single credit option rather than four other things several times in a row, come on.

Does anybody know what the black Porsche or Ferrari thing is on these tickets? It looks like a cologne bottle lol.

Last edited:
invitation stays 2 weeks, legendary 4 days. focus first on legendary and if you have money to spare then on invitation.

Or just ignore legendary and enjoy game.

I have 2 invitations! One for the Carrera GT and one for the Lamborghini Veneno! My invitations end in 9 days so i'll definitely get the Carrera GT and i'll think about the Veneno! I actually have the money but i'll wait a few days just in case i get lucky in the roulette and then i'll buy it!

I have 2 invitations! One for the Carrera GT and one for the Lamborghini Veneno! My invitations end in 9 days so i'll definitely get the Carrera GT and i'll think about the Veneno! I actually have the money but i'll wait a few days just in case i get lucky in the roulette and then i'll buy it!
You are thinking that you may win the veneno in roulette? :D
And while you have an invitation to buy it? :D

If this happens, let's go to Las Vegas together to play. Expenses on me :)

You are thinking that you may win the veneno in roulette? :D
And while you have an invitation to buy it? :D

If this happens, let's go to Las Vegas together to play. Expenses on me :)
😃 I saw the Carrera GT on roulette previously and last thing i want is to pay for it and then win it! Yesterday i got a 6 star ticket for daily workout so...Who knows 🤔

I have three right now. The Lambo, which came first and expires today, don't want. Ferrari, want all three! And Pagani, and I won the Huayra already off a lucky spin if I remember right.

Personally i'm more likely to buy from legend cars.. haven't yet, waiting for the Mercedes-Benz 300SL gullwing coupe. I'm guessing it shows up at legends sometime? If it's an invitation then i'll do that..

Got a Carrera GT from a roulette i think, the only Porsche i would actually go out of my way for 😁

I prioritize a money maker first. GR 2 wipes the floor with the final championship. The Alpha Romeo 155 cleans up on GR 4 Brands Hatch. I was going to save for the Pennzoil Skyline but I keep blowing it.
got any recommendations in regards to gr 2 cars ?

I think the invitations are broken. I bought the Aston Martin before the invitation expiration. Now the ticket has expired over a week ago, the cars are still available for purchase and the price is the same. There is no reason to try to use the ticket "before it expires" since the cars are still there. The in-game description states "I missed a chance to buy a vehicle at a special price." No I didn't. The price is the same! The cars are still there!

Wasted roulette gifts. Give me something that actually makes a difference or that I can use.

I have the Porsche that is supposed to be "invitation only" except I never had an invitation. I just bought it in Brand Central. That car is still also available for "special pricing" from an invitation but the price is still the same.

Last edited:
I think the invitations are broken. I bought the Aston Martin before the invitation expiration. Now the ticket has expired over a week ago, the cars are still available for purchase and the price is the same. There is no reason to try to use the ticket "before it expires" since the cars are still there. The in-game description states "I missed a chance to buy a vehicle at a special price." No I didn't. The price is the same! The cars are still there!

Wasted roulette gifts. Give me something that actually makes a difference or that I can use.

I have the Porsche that is supposed to be "invitation only" except I never had an invitation. I just bought it in Brand Central. That car is still also available for "special pricing" from an invitation but the price is still the same.
Go try to buy one of the invitation cars with your expired invitation. Like, get all the way to the "Purchase" button and press it and see what happens. Spoiler: You won't be able to buy it.

Go try to buy one of the invitation cars with your expired invitation. Like, get all the way to the "Purchase" button and press it and see what happens. Spoiler: You won't be able to buy it.
Perfect! Thank you. I never tried to click the purchase because I didn't want to lose my credits for a car I didn't want. It all makes sense now.

Stating that the car is available "at a special price" is pointless since there is only one price. You can't buy it at a different price in a different venue or circumstance.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn’t sleep on the Ferraris. I won a black Enzo from a menu ticket but I might get a second red one if I ever do get the mythical Ferrari invitation. I’ve bought both the legendary cars and own everything I’ve been invited to buy so far (Lambo, Citroen, and I got the Carrera GT when I completed the GT World championship.

I'd say it partially depends on what sort of budget you want to work with when it comes to your credits, but especially what legendary cars in question you're talking about.

Are you trying to get the platinum trophy as soon as you can by acquiring the Jaguar XJ13/Ford Mark IV/Ferrari 330 P4?

Could you potentially be waiting for a certain legendary car to become available in a particular factory color you like more than others, like with the Plymouth Superbird?

Or do you need a certain car to complete an Extra Menu, such as the Porsche 550 Spyder?

I need more details, you see.

For me, if it's a car that only comes in a single color (which pretty much includes all race cars), then I'm willing to wait as long as I'd like. If it's a car that can come in many colors and there's only a particular one or two colors that I like, then I'll probably jump on it, like my Base Silver McLaren F1. This is especially when the car has stock decals, like the aforementioned Plymouth Superbird, as attempting to repaint a car will remove those stickers.

As for the three invite-only Ferraris, I'm planning to get them in Rosso Corsa at any rate, but I actually don't want an invite right now since I don't think I have enough credits to buy all three yet, which is exactly what I'd do if I got an invite. But then again, I don't really need them for anything yet. If there's a new hypercar event, for example, I usually just enter my Aston Martin Vulcan.

Last edited:
Back