What to Expect at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show

If BMW's Instagram is anything to go by, they will showing a concept version of the 8-Series Gran Coupe.

bmw-8-series-gran-coupe.jpg

Anything related to the new Toyota Supra takes priority over everything. Everything.

Anything related to the new Toyota Supra takes priority over everything. Everything.

I know it's a hypercar that will spend most of its life in a garage somewhere, but I'd like to hear an update from Aston on the Valkyrie. It's been a year since it was named, after all.

Also, shouldn't Honda have some sort of update on the car in your avatar?

I’m hoping for the Supra reveal/GT Sport update. But I won’t be too upset if it doesn’t end up happening, or Toyota’s Twitter was just trolling us.

If we get 12 cars in the March update, this would be the missing 50th car. But a part of me doubts this will happen.

Anything beats the current blobby-looking WRX. Easily one of the least appealing cars on sale today in profile. :(
Well gosh, I wouldn't go as far as saying least appealing. At worst it is indiscernible from most other cars in the vast small-to-mid-size sedan market - which is still bad. "Appliance" and whatnot. But I feel you.

I was devastated when it was finally confirmed that they would only bring the sedan. Such a crime when the Levorg is sitting right there next to it on the assembly line. Any hate I have for the looks of the sedan are born from resentment.

Are any GTP'ers going to the show? Me and a friend are going Saturday 17th, would be cool to meet a fellow GTP'er 👍

Having a friend who works as a salesman for Volvo has its benefits, namely getting to drive all the way to Geneva in a fully specced XC60 :D

Skoda has unveiled a concept car called the Vision X. What's cool about this concept is that it can be front, rear or all wheel drive and it can deliver up to 1,000Nm of torque. But don't think that makes the Vision X a wolf in sheep's clothing since the 0-60 sprint still takes a leisurely 9.3 seconds. Expect many of the design characteristics (including the fake exhausts) to carry over to an upcoming small SUV to slot beneath the Karoq.

2018-skoda-vision-x-concept.jpg

Yes, with its amazing carbon fiber hard-top.

Wonder if the extra 300 PS (and the much needed bespoke tires) will allow it to reach the fabled 300 mph.
A while ago Andy Wallace said Michelin was developing special tyres capable of handling the Chiron's weight for speeds above 280 mph. since they're no amateurs, I guess they succeeded in producing such tyres. With the extra power, better aero efficiency and unrestricted ecu, I think it could be able to hit 300 at the Ehra-Lessien test facility.

What about Porsche?! And Lambo...?
If anything, Mk. II GT3 RS & Performante Spyder. I don't think Porsche has any of their upcoming cars ready for debut yet, and Lamborghini's Aventador SVJ isn't expected til' later this year.

Bugatti is there too. Conference is set for tomorrow, 9.40 CET. New Bugatti Chiron Sport (with 1800hp) is rumoured to be unveiled.

http://www.evo.co.uk/bugatti/chiron/20897/new-bugatti-chiron-sport-previewed-in-cryptic-teaser

Evo was so wrong. The new Sport has no extra power, is 18 kgs lighter and has "improved handling and agility" to cut 5 seconds off the lap time at Nardò - That's it.

02_bugatti_chiron-sport_34-front_web.jpg

03_bugatti_chiron-sport_34-rear_web.jpg

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/geneva-motor-show/bugatti-chiron-sport-revealed-track-special

Back