What track you looking forward to driving on GT4!

My favorites are:

1. Nürburgring - Nordschleife (The Monster in the Mercedes Benz 190 2.5-16V DTM Car)
2. El Capitan - Yosemite (Looks intresting)
3. Trail Mountain (My favorite in all other Parts of GT)
4. Grindelwald (I hope the track is in GT4)
5. Deep Forest (Im intresting how it looks in the new GT4 design and the new physikals? Modell)

I love natural track´s with wood and tree´s - green is good for your soul.

Sorry for bad english - hope you understand all - beginner.
 
N.J.
Point taken (and yes I'm sure there'll be other impressive tracks) - but there is a reason so many people hype the 'Ring'.

*The fact is - the Nordschleife Nurburgring is the most challenging race circuit in the world.

*The Nurburgring has become the favoured battleground of the world's fastest and fittest.

*The Nurburgring is the complete performance test of car and driver.




p.s

"I loved the circuit from the 1st time I drove it."

"Any company that hopes to build the best car in the world must visit the 'Ring."

"Every aspect of the car must be right to attain a good lap time."

"It is fun with 90bhp or 600bhp - it doesn't matter."


(Walter Rohrl - Porsche Chief Test Driver/2 time World Rally Champion...was also voted 'driver of the millennium' by his peers.)

yeah, I totally agree with everything you've said because when I heard the news that it was included I was glowing and almost couldn't believe it and I know the HUUUGE significance of the Ring and would KILL to drive it in real life but it bugs the hell out of me when all you hear in every thread is "The Nordschleife ROXXORS MY BOXXORS!111!!1!!!111! PWN3D!!1!! LOL!!"
 
I think every track will be interesting in its own way, but my personal preference goes to El Capitan, that track looks so good.

See ya :sly:
 
Yeah but does anyone know ANY particulars about El Capitan yet???

I'm still dying to know...

1) Track Map
2) Track Length

I'm hoping at LEAST a 3 minute lap (with the likes of a high-powered supercar), or something in the region of 7+ km's...

I still think track length will determine this tracks popularity...
 
I'm not taking away from this topic, but I noticed a lot of "Nurburgring Nordschliefe" for the honor of "track most looked forward to race." My question to you for discussion: why? I just want to know why you love this track and what makes it so special? Remember, I'm not trying to say that it's a dumb choice. Just want to conversate with the public, as I usually love to do.

As far as "Hellnback" goes, if you check out one of the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) videos because one of them shows the El Capitan track map. If you can save a quick picture of the video (I don't know if pressing "Print Scrn" will work, but you can give it a try, hellnback.
 
I like Nurburgring because the track is very challenging, very fast, and you get your moneys worth; I mean you can see what your car can really do. I'm going to spend hours trying to master every turn on this track.
 
Here is a small screenshot of the El Capitan map being selected.

small-elcapitan-map.jpg


Looks interesting.
 
Like I said. When I first seen that configuration, I thought this track was Hungaroring (GP of Hungary). But it kind of looks like, in terms of track layout, like Hungaroring meets the new Hockenheim. But for a fairly new GTPlanet member, good show, FunintheSun. Congratulations, my representative of the Big Apple... from a representative of America's Space City of Houston.

I'm going to love the renditions of classic tracks. How do you think I felt about some of the old tracks redone from GT2 to GT3 (the ones that made it, of course). Sometimes, I often ponder what tracks would look like if they were on the PS1. Think of the rendition of (and return) of Special Stage Route 11 looking nothing like on the PS1 in GT1. Then Apricot Hill is a nice little track as well. And to me, if there is any track that is and should be a Formula One track, let it be Apricot Hill. No question. Like I said, I think there are still some surprises. I think a lot of the American and European tracks are perhaps undisclosed. And I mean, it can be ANYTHING. For America, surprises can range from Barber Motorsports Park to Daytona (oval, this time). For Europe, it can go from Le Mans (Bugatti or the 8+ mile enduro classic), to Monza, to Rockingham. But we'll merrily wait until December 14th, right?

I'm done here. Your turn.
 
By the way, Opera Paris kind of seems like Adelaide in terms of configuration. In ways, at least.
 
Thnx FunInTheSun, initial impressions is that it could have a reasonable amount of length going by that track map & screen pics we've seen a pics have been of long sweeping/flowing corners...

JohnBM01 : As I only have 56k connection where I am, ALOT of the video's I'd like to see take ages...

***

Just an afterthought here, but seeming GT4 is virtually a virtual world ;) how about a virtual track that was designed by Hermann Tilke after a poll was taken of the best corners of F1. (Tilke btw designed the new Shanghai & Bahrain tracks for those who don't know)

Turn No: Corner

1 Curva Dry Sack Jerez Turn 1
2 Virage Massenet Monaco Turn 2
3 Casino Square Monaco Turn 3
4 Eau Rouge Spa
5 Boschkurve Osterreichring 1977-87
6 130R Suzuka Pre 2003
7 Curva 1 Interlagos 1973-77
8 Curva 2 Interlagos 1973-77
9 Nurburgring Chicane Magny Cours Turn 4-5
10 Hawthorn Bend Brands Hatch Turn 5
11 Westfield Brands Hatch Turn 6
12 Dingle Dell Brands Hatch Turn 7-8
13 Variante Ascari Monza Turn Turn 8-9?
14 The Corkscrew Laguna Seca Turn 5?
15 Curva Ayrton Senna Jerez Turn 8-9?
Straight
16 First Curve Suzuka Turn 1
Short uphill left handed straight
17 Parabolica Monza Last Turn
Bridge (Its a figure of 8, sort of)
Main Straight


Track Stats (Calculated using Tilke's in house 2002 spec simulator)
Length 12.84km
Lap Time 2m59.46
Ave Speed 257.639
Max Speed 338.042
Min Speed 105.22
Fastest Corner(s) (Boschkurve, Curva 1 338kph)
Slowest Corner 106kph (Curva Dry Sack )
Max G 4.09 (Westfield, Dingle Dell)
Min G 2.06 (Curva Ayrton Senna)
Height Change 80.787m
Real Life Cost to build $500,000,000

THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME TRACK!!!
 
I played EL Capitan at the TGS and it is really nice with all those trees and mountains. Only thing i noticed was a big popup to the right side, right after starting. But i guess they will correct it before shipping.
I had a hard time with that gt pro wheel, apart from not feeling very solid I don't like the pedals. I tried it before in the SOny building in ginza, but i seriously hope someone will release a better wheel for the PS2. Preferibly a new MOMO force :)
 
amuSe
I played EL Capitan at the TGS and it is really nice with all those trees and mountains. Only thing i noticed was a big popup to the right side, right after starting. But i guess they will correct it before shipping.
I had a hard time with that gt pro wheel, apart from not feeling very solid I don't like the pedals. I tried it before in the SOny building in ginza, but i seriously hope someone will release a better wheel for the PS2. Preferibly a new MOMO force :)
Coool..Were the physics changed again?
Oh, BTW...Nurburgring
High Speed Ring
Motorsports Land.
 
Nürburgring Nordschleife
 
El Capitan and Nordschleife.

Doesnt seem like the Le-mans track is included :indiff: too bad
 
Red rock valley, was the only track ever i havent said "oh no not this one again" :)
 
I know I would race the nordschleife and high speed ring.. and maybe the new one in yosemite national park.. but I need to know: HOW LONG IS THE EL CAPITAN..?
 
super supra
El Capitan and Nordschleife.

Doesnt seem like the Le-mans track is included :indiff: too bad

I tried the Le Mans track in the Mods, but I have to say I didn't really like it. Don't know why exactly, maybe because it is so wide and flat, and the turns didn't really inspire me either.

On the other hand, I'm driving the Nurburgring now in the BMW Demo and it is simply and utterly awesome. There are so many things that make it so good, that I don't really know where to begin. I guess the shortest way of describing it is as a cross between a pleasant drive through the hillside and a roller coaster ride. This Saturday I'll be on the real thing, I'll do my best to bring back some pictures and such.

I was also really looking forward to the Capri track, but that wasn't nearly as good as I imagined. Most of its turns are just different hairpins, and although I like hairpins a lot, the lack of variation is a pity. It also doesn't look as impressive as I initially thought from the movies. But I do expect to enjoy it more with different types of cars and it will help a lot of we can setup a car to suit this track (lots of camber and some toe I imagine). The BMW's currently more geared to deal with the Nurburgring, that's for sure. ;)

I'm happy to see that Suzuka made it, and I'm hoping more tracks like it will follow. Still have to wait and see, but give me tracks like Kyalami and Donnington and I'll be happy.

Also, I hope they keep their promise to have all the old GT tracks in there, as I'm bound to miss them. Yes, even or maybe especially Complex String should return. :D
 
I'm looking forward to all the classic tracks from the previous GT's and all the new ones too but the Ring is definately top of my list.
 
I got that shot from the 3rd TGS video at Game Informer Online. It shows a run of a Mazda 787B - complete with an un-needed pit spot - very nice - and it's in B-Spec mode, not A-Spec mode.

Here is a link to the TGS GT Story. Follow the media link to the videos.

The video is 46.8 MBytes, 4:42 in length.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the thanks folks. I'm really looking forward to this edition of GT. I'm a sports car lover, own a 2001 Mazda Miata MX-5 BRG SE - British Racing Green Special Edition, and love to drive the twisty roads - both in real life and in the game.

Later folks, got to run to work.
Bill, the FunInTheSun guy
 
Arwin
I tried the Le Mans track in the Mods, but I have to say I didn't really like it. Don't know why exactly, maybe because it is so wide and flat, and the turns didn't really inspire me either.

Arwin, are you saying you have driven a hacked version of Le Mans? I don't understand what you mean by "in the Mods"...
 
JohnBM01
I'm not taking away from this topic, but I noticed a lot of "Nurburgring Nordschliefe" for the honor of "track most looked forward to race." My question to you for discussion: why? I just want to know why you love this track and what makes it so special? Remember, I'm not trying to say that it's a dumb choice. Just want to conversate with the public, as I usually love to do.

As far as "Hellnback" goes, if you check out one of the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) videos because one of them shows the El Capitan track map. If you can save a quick picture of the video (I don't know if pressing "Print Scrn" will work, but you can give it a try, hellnback.

Nurburgring Nordschliefe is also the track I'm most looking forward too. Why?

Because it's a track I've never driven, but mainly because of it's length.

The track will be a great challenge to learn. The beauty of a very long track is there is always more to learn and somewhere to improve your lap time. It's almost impossible to make a perfect lap on such a long circuit.

For me this means less fustration trying to get a good time. There is nothing worse than trying to beat a good time on a very short lap, every corner must be taken perfectly, and it's very repetative.

Add to this the great history of the track and you have a winner, I can't wait.
 
JohnBM01
I'm not taking away from this topic, but I noticed a lot of "Nurburgring Nordschliefe" for the honor of "track most looked forward to race." My question to you for discussion: why? I just want to know why you love this track and what makes it so special? Remember, I'm not trying to say that it's a dumb choice. Just want to conversate with the public, as I usually love to do.

Why i like The Nordschleife?
The Nordschleife has a history to way back in 1927 when it was first raced on. Its a track that has mystery, the cars dissapear in the forrest/hills to return 10min. later!!!
Ive driven there once. It was amazing 👍 , up, down, up..., really a rollercoaster ride if you drive fast that is;)

The Nordschleife is a mix of Trail Mountain, High speed Ring and Grand Valley together, narow and with many blind bends :crazy:

As KY said it, its a track every racer dreams (or nightmare, many died there) of racing it. It asks everything from the car and the driver!!

Maybe this photo gives you a feeling about The Nordschleife.
I am driving it now in the BMWdemo :dopey:


ringfoto.jpg
 
Tacet_Blue
Arwin, are you saying you have driven a hacked version of Le Mans? I don't understand what you mean by "in the Mods"...

Yeah, Yeah, What he said!!!

b
 
I play the BMW demo almost everyday and can't wait to go over it with a faster car. but I rally like Tokyo 246 track a lot. and El capitain looks really good
 
I want to drive Citta di Aria, El Capitan and The Nordschleife. As I've said before, I like to drive twisty roads - both in real life and in the game.

And why the Nordschleife?

I've driven around the Nordschleife several times in my lifetime. Once in a VW bug back in 1973 (with a whole lot of other VWs), and then several times in one day in 1976 in a Mercedes 190 Sedan. I loved that track - I couldn't believe how wonderful driving was until given a real challenge. I don't remember the times I got - it didn't matter to me - just driving it was pleasure enough. I know I got faster, and passed many folks when I drove the Mercedes.

I've driven on some other tracks in my life, but the Ring humbles all others - at least in my opinion.

And why El Capitan?

Looks like an interesting track with some twisty parts and nice long sweepers - should be able to get some real nice crossover passes from watching the video of the track.

And why Citta di Aria?

Just watch some of the video - amazing work. This is a course that is going to demand perfection to get a good run - narrow twisty roads with hills thrown in - reminds me of many other Northern Italian towns I've driven thru. I want to get some wine, cheese, a blanket and a pretty girl to sit on a hillside and just watch as the day runs on ...

Must stop - need to actually work !
 
The nurburgring offcourse. is THE track. :dunce:
And Grindlewald from gt2 was also 1 of my fav :dopey:
 
Nurburgring. 44 laps. 1000km. Now THAT should be an enduro (in fact, it was and I think it still is).

Opera Paris: Pescarolo vs Toyota GT1 vs 787B vs McLaren F1 vs JGTC cars. Fun.

Citta di Aria: Fanging round here in any car should be great.

New York: Nice. Gotta race there for the backgrounds.




If I had a few track maps I could see what else I'd like to throw a car around, but as I don't have any, I guess I'll just have to wait until December. Please, no-one spoil it for me!
 
Well,
I want to drive again on THE my FIRST circuit i have seen in GT ... the high speed ring ... it reminds me a lot of emotions.
I would like to see again Grinderwald, it's a good mountain track ... i want to run again on motorsport land (maybe on a turbocharghed Panda!), and i want to drive on Amalfi(or capri) ... it gave me a good sensation ... and obviusly on the Nordschelife.
 
Back