What track you looking forward to driving on GT4!

Wow just how weird is that to say...

44 laps = 1000km... mindboggling really isn't it.

Bathurst is a long circuit and they still need 161 laps for the 1000km race they have there next week.

Spa too is long in length but its still ~145 laps...

A 'normal' 4km lap and its 250 laps...

Man I hope GT4 gives us a Nurb' Endurance of at least 500 km, 1000 sounds like a sufficiently round enough figure to go with...
 
hellnback
Wow just how weird is that to say...

44 laps = 1000km... mindboggling really isn't it.

Bathurst is a long circuit and they still need 161 laps for the 1000km race they have there next week.

Spa too is long in length but its still ~145 laps...

A 'normal' 4km lap and its 250 laps...

Man I hope GT4 gives us a Nurb' Endurance of at least 500 km, 1000 sounds like a sufficiently round enough figure to go with...
Well, to be exact, 44 laps of the 'Ring equals 1004.740 km. I keep seeing shots of a car on lap 1/15, so if that's a race, then that's 342km, a little longer than a standard Grand Prix. So 44 laps may be a real possiblity, and if it is, that's all the more reason for us to want to play this track.

Just to contnue your stats, hellnback, 1000km equals 173 laps of Monza, as does 270 laps of Silverstone, roughly 178 laps of Daytona Beach (road course) and 187 laps of Watkins Glen (those four tracks and the 'Ring were used in the Endurance World Championships some time ago).
 
RacingFreak2k3
Yes i hope they bring back the complex string. Hopefully we can race the AI this time on that track. If we can do it at the burg, we could definitely do it on that course.

lol AI racing on Complex String? Now that *would* be a laugh. Can't wait to see the AI doing the loop the loop corners and slalom bends!

As for my most eagerly awaited tracks, obviously the old Nurburgring, but also High Speed Ring and Suzuka.
 
All good things are 3^^

So we have only the Nordschleife so far.
But then i'd like to drive original Spa (Eau Rouge, i come) and Bathurst(i loved it in Race Driver, but i hated the physics :crazy: ) .
This Rollercoaster-triple would be an ideal event :dopey:



And as a real high-speed track: Original Le Mans, of course 👍
 
Motorsports Land!
Drifters paradise ~
 
neon_duke
Nurbergring, of course, as with everybody else. But the real exciting news for me is the inclusion of Sears Point, aka Infineon Raceway. The full dark grey circuit is great (the way NASCAR used to run it, until about 3-4 years ago). Definitely one of my favorite courses.

SearsPoint.gif

YES! Hopefully they use the layout used by the ALMS and other road racing series. I cant wait to drive that in the game, see how it compares to real life, because ive raced on that track, and all i can say it that its awesome, especially with all the blind exits on corners. Hopefully they can really capture that character of the circuit.
 
neon_duke
Nurbergring, of course, as with everybody else. But the real exciting news for me is the inclusion of Sears Point, aka Infineon Raceway. The full dark grey circuit is great (the way NASCAR used to run it, until about 3-4 years ago). Definitely one of my favorite courses.

SearsPoint.gif
I quite like the look of that section going from turn #5 to #10! Nice long tightening radius corner (always fun), sharp hairpin and then a series of high-speed flip-flops. Shame about the rest of the track. I could really have some fun redoing it and making it a bit more challenging.
hellnback
Thnx FunInTheSun, initial impressions is that it could have a reasonable amount of length going by that track map & screen pics we've seen a pics have been of long sweeping/flowing corners...

JohnBM01 : As I only have 56k connection where I am, ALOT of the video's I'd like to see take ages...

***

Just an afterthought here, but seeming GT4 is virtually a virtual world ;) how about a virtual track that was designed by Hermann Tilke after a poll was taken of the best corners of F1. (Tilke btw designed the new Shanghai & Bahrain tracks for those who don't know)

Turn No: Corner

1 Curva Dry Sack Jerez Turn 1
2 Virage Massenet Monaco Turn 2
3 Casino Square Monaco Turn 3
4 Eau Rouge Spa
5 Boschkurve Osterreichring 1977-87
6 130R Suzuka Pre 2003
7 Curva 1 Interlagos 1973-77
8 Curva 2 Interlagos 1973-77
9 Nurburgring Chicane Magny Cours Turn 4-5
10 Hawthorn Bend Brands Hatch Turn 5
11 Westfield Brands Hatch Turn 6
12 Dingle Dell Brands Hatch Turn 7-8
13 Variante Ascari Monza Turn Turn 8-9?
14 The Corkscrew Laguna Seca Turn 5?
15 Curva Ayrton Senna Jerez Turn 8-9?
Straight
16 First Curve Suzuka Turn 1
Short uphill left handed straight
17 Parabolica Monza Last Turn
Bridge (Its a figure of 8, sort of)
Main Straight


Track Stats (Calculated using Tilke's in house 2002 spec simulator)
Length 12.84km
Lap Time 2m59.46
Ave Speed 257.639
Max Speed 338.042
Min Speed 105.22
Fastest Corner(s) (Boschkurve, Curva 1 338kph)
Slowest Corner 106kph (Curva Dry Sack )
Max G 4.09 (Westfield, Dingle Dell)
Min G 2.06 (Curva Ayrton Senna)
Height Change 80.787m
Real Life Cost to build $500,000,000

THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME TRACK!!!
OK, hellnback, I whipped up a fairly basic version of you 'Ultimate Track' ... Yes, I used Microsoft Paint and I consulted www.racingcircuits.net once again. And I also had to use my imagination a bit to make it all fit, but hopefully this is what you were aiming for:
 

Attachments

  • UltimateTrack.GIF
    UltimateTrack.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 24
I appreciate the effort!

The one thing you have forgotten in assembling your track is the speeds that you enter into and take each corner, I remember reading the article and it quoted each corners speed, but where I got the 'paste' didn't have these figures :(

For example Eau Rouge is taken at close to 180-200mph thus you would need a straight after turn three 'Casino Square' if you get me...

An actual picture of how Hermann Tilke's vision is actually in the magazine F1Racing in about May/June edition. (I'll try sourcing it over the net, but I wouldn't hold my breath)

The course had a 'cross-over', thus was like a figure of eight, but I forget where the cross-over was. I think it was about 2/3rds through the lap

Unfortunately I don't have the mag, or I'd scan it.

See if you can acquire a copy of it somehow.

The circuit did look awfully fun... Once again well done for trying, I try source it.
 
For me it has to be the Ring , El Capitan , Laguna ,and last but not least one of my fav Midfield.
 
Do you race?
I quite like the look of that section going from turn #5 to #10! Nice long tightening radius corner (always fun), sharp hairpin and then a series of high-speed flip-flops. Shame about the rest of the track. I could really have some fun redoing it and making it a bit more challenging.

haha, have you actually seen the track in person, or driven it? Turn 1 is an sharply uphill left hander, which means you get awesome grip, and can take it at insane speeds. Turns 2, and 3a are both totally blind, the only way to get through the turn is to use reference points on the hills on the left side of the track. Basically you pick a point on the hill, like a bush or shrub, point your car at it, floor it....and hope that it was the right shrub!

To me the section from turns 5 to 10 is the boring easy section! Mostly left right sweepers, high speed stuff. Its still a rush, but the first part of the circuit is far more exciting from a driving point of view. ....In real life anyway.


Case and point, this is turn 2, looking down towards 1. The photo doesnt really do it justice, but you can start to get an idea. more photos
(and yes, that is me driving in the white openwheel cars)
165393408oqXFNz_ph.jpg
 
I LOVE THIS GAME

:crazy: I'm going crazy
I want to play nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

(All tracks, specially urbans and reals)
 
Arwin
I tried the Le Mans track in the Mods, but I have to say I didn't really like it. Don't know why exactly, maybe because it is so wide and flat, and the turns didn't really inspire me either.
was this in GT4?
 
Just watched J C on Top Gear tackling the ring in a Jag Diesel, and have been re-inspired, I just cant wait to tackle it in some Bog standard motors on good old road springs and tyres. :)
 
Yeah Top Gear was great, he got put to shame by that Sabine chick :D. 47 seconds.... She really trashed the car around the track.
 
Back