What was your first car in GT4?

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 671 comments
I just made a new file on a different PS2 card ( ... as a backup...) and done the money transfer from GT3 and got the pontiac sunfire concept car and started winning races ( 5...i was up til 11pm last night ) with it. still in school til tomorow :scared: yea :dopey:

Started with a black Toyota Starlet Glanza V. Modified with a chip, sports suspension, an oil change and some black Enkei wheels with a red lip... then realised I could transfer 100,000 credits. Still stuck with the Starlet anyway; was very fun to drive and served me well. And I still have it! :D

Made another file and used a GT3 transfer to see how far I could go using a single car for as many events. I picked out a 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II N1. Since then, the N1 became my 'hard-tuned, race car beater' for GT5 and GT6. :sly:

On my first game save i bought myself a red Subaru Impreza WRX STI Ver. 3 '96 to be precise.
Then on the 2nd game data, i bought a red Honda S2000 Type V '03 with the 100K. Changed the wheels to some black O.Z. 5 spokes (i think), before adding a new exhaust, chip and intake along with some race suspension and stage 1 weight. Loved that car, many happy memories.

On my first ever playthrough, I transferred the 100k from the GT3 data and started with the Alfa GT 3.2 V6.

On my second playthrough I didn't buy a starting car, I just begun with the licence tests and used the 270R to power through most of the early events.

Then on my latest (and current) playthrough my car of choice was the silver 1992 Evo.

Last edited:
The first time i played it i got the Nissan Primera '90 from the UCD. Now i started again and i got the 1992 Evolution GSR.

Hard to remember what cars I used in my playthroughs of GT4, I always tend to go to Used Car Dealership 1 (89-93) and Used Car Dealership 2 (94-01) cars.

I would start with a AE86 or a cheap MX-5 NA.

Start with a kei car, that's a fresh experience for a change. :)

Have thought about that before actually, did it before on an old save of GT2 way back, with a Subaru Vivio (the memories...). Thought about doing the same on GT3/4 before too, don't thing I ever did though.

Though I Think I may stick with the current save with my beloved S2000 bought with the extra 100k from GTC :D, don't think it's that far played through either if I remember.

First thing I do when I start a new Gt4 game would be completing all the license tests so I didn't have to worry about license restriction and also I get some cars for free.

However I remember when I first played the GT mode, i noticed how I couldn't afford any new car apart from a 1979 honda civic so I went with that. :lol: And I ended up losing all the Sunday cup races because everyone else is way faster than me. That when I discovered there's 3 used car dealerships that I could get some awesome cars for that price of my old honda. :banghead::dunce:

Almost always the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Or the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) if I import my GT3 credits.

6 1/2 years since I've 1st-played GT4 and I still remember my 1st car like it was my 1st girlfriend (not a good relation since 1 at least left me with good memories, guess which??). Mine was a S13 Silvia 1800s in a cream/wood brown double tone paint, then I changed it to a Palma red Evo II. In my second time, I started with a Yellow Evo VIII GSR since I did the data transfer.

I couldn't quite remember, so I looked it up. It was a Dodge Viper SRT10 '03. Probably with the money I got from my GT3 save... and from the VW Lupo from the first license tests, that I sold apparently.
The second car that I've bought was a Dodge RAM '04... and according to the games diary I sold it the next ingame day. Why did I do that? :odd::lol: Ah well, I was only 10 at the time...

The third car was a Ford GT - damn I used that a lot.

Have thought about that before actually, did it before on an old save of GT2 way back, with a Subaru Vivio (the memories...). Thought about doing the same on GT3/4 before too, don't thing I ever did though.

Though I Think I may stick with the current save with my beloved S2000 bought with the extra 100k from GTC :D, don't think it's that far played through either if I remember.
You guys reminded me I wanted to do the same, but never did...I too once started GT2 with a Kei car, I think it was the 1989 Minica Dangan ZZ...a different experience, let's say :P

You guys reminded me I wanted to do the same, but never did...I too once started GT2 with a Kei car, I think it was the 1989 Minica Dangan ZZ...a different experience, let's say :P

:lol: Yes I remember with the Vivio, made you look at things in a different light, certainly made you work for every last penny/credit.

It's important to install a turbocharger as soon as possible, unless you want to be stuck in Sunday Cup for eternity. :lol:
I think I went for NA upgrades, the turbo was too laggy for the small engine of the Minica :D

When I first got GT4, I spent many hours going through the dealers, searching for a car to buy with my $10,000. I didn't know at the time you could win a car via license tests. :lol:

Eventually I settled on a red Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R. Oh, how I loved it so...

Back