What was your first car in GT4?

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 671 comments
Posted this in the "Do you still have your first car?" thread:

First car acquired was the B-license Lupo.
First car used for a race was the A-license Sunfire in the Umbria Rally to get the Cien.
First car purchased was '89 Mazda Miata after I completed 25% so I could use it for the Endurance - Roadster 4h.

I'm a fan of the 'minimal buys' strategy - only buying cars if I absolutely have to. If a race can be done with a prize car, then it is.

I think I'll post my what-races-to-do-with-which-prize-cars flow chart for critique.

TurboTuner
Posted this in the "Do you still have your first car?" thread:

First car acquired was the B-license Lupo.
First car used for a race was the A-license Sunfire in the Umbria Rally to get the Cien.
First car purchased was '89 Mazda Miata after I completed 25% so I could use it for the Endurance - Roadster 4h.

I'm a fan of the 'minimal buys' strategy - only buying cars if I absolutely have to. If a race can be done with a prize car, then it is.

I think I'll post my what-races-to-do-with-which-prize-cars flow chart for critique.

I also take the conservative approach to purchasing cars by buying only what I need. A lot of the prize cars work well.

My first car is a '90s Honda Prelude, and I still have it. I sell very few (if any) cars.

Catherham seven (with money transfer)and with change a used skyline GT-R (special colour MNP)

Last edited:
Duke, you just wasted your money since the Caterham can't be raced. I guess you learned that the hard way. If you transferred the money from GT3, the first car you should buy is the HPA Stage II R32, or if you can handle them, either of the two street Vipers.

Next time, remember that.

Well I did the mission hall 100% after I got all licenses. So I use my Pagani Zonda LM Race Car. 78% done with the game, and I have racked up over 20,000 miles on it! The car's my baby.

Ugh back then my very first car in GT was oddly enough a 1988 Honda Accord Coupe - followed by a 1989 Toyota Carina. LOL!

I started off with something like an FTO but thn I moved into the Pontiac Sunfire or Sunbird Concept I won from the licenses. That was the worst car Ihave ever owned, I tuned that thing and I could only go 101mph then it would drop back down to 96mph. I kept doing the Begginners Race Series' first two races so I could get the Autobianchi and sell. I kept doing it to get the money and buy modifications and then even another car. I did eventually got a good collectiong from a good career going but the game snuffed it.

Second time around, Subaru Impreza '94. Red with gold alloys, those gold wheels told me straight away it was quick. And with what I've done to it, it flies.

Back