What wheel will you be using

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 335 comments
Suppose I'm waiting it out until after GTSport drops to replace my tired G25. Can't believe I got the G25 before GT5.

I'm interested to see what that new wheel from Copperbox turns out to be.

As above. Im surprised theres no compromise.

Thanks to all involved in creating the solution.

To be honest my motivation was the principal of it all. There is nothing wrong with our wheels its purely a money making exercise. Extremely disappointed in all the companies involved in blocking our hardware.

Ive only got a dfgt but im use to it and im happy with it so why should i change?

And on a side note the little raspberry pi can do tons of other stuff too. Google will tell you.

Cheers.

The new direct drive wheel, Need somme info quickly
It will be super expensive. i heard they was making a upgrade to the t500 so the next wheel released probably wont be direct drive. That was just to show "what we can do" not what we are doing wasnt it? I may well be wrong...

It will be super expensive. i heard they was making a upgrade to the t500 so the next wheel released probably wont be direct drive. That was just to show "what we can do" not what we are doing wasnt it? I may well be wrong...

To be honest, I'd be pretty discontent if you turn out to be right. I've been patiently waiting to hear about that DD wheel, so now thinking it may just have been a concept is disheartening. Perhaps they just built it to see the public response and decide from there? Though, why not just say it's a concept in the first place?

That being said though, I don't think I would mind a seeing T500 refresh - that should be awesome.

I'm trying to sell my DFGT and buy a Thrustmaster T150 to use on PS4.
Anyone who plays in PC wants a cheap DFGT in excellent condition?

Logitech sucks for not giving support for PS4 to the DFGT and the G27. Despite being a budget wheel, the DFGT is still a perfectly fine wheel that works like a charm and besides having no paddles, its pretty much as capable for driving as any wheel out there.
Dont bee fooled, you wont go faster on a wheel that costs 1000€ compared to one that costs 200 or 250, the important aspect here is your own skills.

I had a T500 with T3PA pedals along with a 358 wheel which had mounted pedals, however I never really got along with them. I know it is a worse wheel but I just got a G29 and I feel much more at home/much happier now.

Personally I would like a DFGT with good pedals if it was possible without too much hassle but it is not to be.

I had a T500 with T3PA pedals along with a 358 wheel which had mounted pedals, however I never really got along with them. I know it is a worse wheel but I just got a G29 and I feel much more at home/much happier now.

Personally I would like a DFGT with good pedals if it was possible without too much hassle but it is not to be.
DFGT pedals are fine for me.
They're plastic but they work perfectly well.
There's no clutch pedal, thats true, but besides that... perfectly fine pedals

DFGT pedals are fine for me.
They're plastic but they work perfectly well.
There's no clutch pedal, thats true, but besides that... perfectly fine pedals

They worked well for me for a long time but after getting used to heavier pedals they are tough to go back to.

As much as I'd love to buy a wheel, I don't think there is a way to justify my parents or even my self spending more than what my xbox one and my phone costed. Even if I would then it would a hard time to pick between Logitech G29, Thurstmaster T300 or T150. T150 while it's great for what I heard, it felt a bit cheap when I managed to Hold it at a store and I can't swap rims. I could go for T300 but it's way more expensive and I heard plenty of problems. Unfortunatly there's no official support from TM over here (nether Logitch I think) so if something goes wrong, I'm screwed.
I could go for Logitech G29 which it's similar to G27, a wheel that I actually tried on GT6 and LFS. Had a Great experience and felt a massive upgrade from controller. However i heard it doesn't match the levels of TM in some ways.

I could buy a G27 and use GIMX but I don't wanna risk it.

Sorry for poor writing but my phone auto correction is annoying.

Here's mine

Attachments

• received_10154217486091497.jpeg
    received_10154217486091497.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 62
If you've never got a wheel before get a G29 when the price is right, if you had a G27/G25 or other wheel and looking for a upgrade get a thrustmaster T300RS or better(if necessary) . G27 has few problems,hope the G29 fixes but still G27 & G29 best value for money on the market.

Last edited:
After trying the beta, it's time to make a decision on a wheel. Not fun.

This will be more like a blog post, so here goes:

I still play GT6 regularly and have used a G27 for two years, and before that a DFGT with absolutely no issues for nearly 4 years and a couple thousand driving hours. From what I can see, Logitech quality and reliability (for me) has been bullet proof.

I don't play or probably may never purchase Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Drive Club, any of the Nascar or F1 games, or will purchase an XBox or play PC sims like Iracing. I may try a dirt game on PS4, but no guarantees.

I bought a T300RS way back in late 2014 in anticipation of going into the PS4 era. The stock pedals were atrocious but the wheel FFB and response was so good almost to the point it overshadowed what was going on-screen for me. The balance between what I was feeling and what I was seeing focused too much on the wheel, but no denying it, the FFB was stunning but a bit 'over the top'.

I like to use the manual H-shifter in cars that have it IRL on GT6. The G27 has worked well. When I purchased the T300 for $400 I had waited months for the T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter to be available but got tired of waiting. Returned the T300 and got the G27 for $250 (on sale through Amazon) instead. In retrospect I saved $300 with the G27 and possibly headaches from reliability issues I've been reading about with the T300.

Me, 1; Wheel industry, 0.

This year I finally got a PS4, mainly for GTA and other miscellaneous games that I found interesting. No racing games, no wheel. Still play GT6.

Now, the time is coming to get another wheel since playing the beta with a DS4 is miserable in the least. Terrible. Awful. Words can't describe what a massive backward step going from a FFB wheel to a DS4 is like. Sorry. What may have been great in 2004 isn't great anymore.

Here are my options:

G29 for a little over $300 on Amazon. Gear drive is OK, I don't mind it but belt drive would be better no doubt. After using the G27 I can be assured the G29 pedals will be good, and I can use the G27 shifter so that saves me about $50-60. Drawback is the G29 is not fully compatible on PS3, it's only recognized as a DFGT so the H-shifter won't work on PS3. This means having to pull out the G27 by either changing out the wheels on my RSeat or using the G27 on an old WSP for older games like GT6. Not the most convenient option.

T300RS GT Edition for nearly $400 on Amazon. GT Edition sounds intriguing, is this sponsored by PD? Is this the definitive wheel suggested, tested and recommended by Kaz? Am I missing something by not getting it? The GT Edition comes now comes with the T3PA pedals (me=2, wheel industry=0), but the word is Thrustmaster treats their pedals like an after thought and they look flimsy and cheap. After my less than impressed experience with the stock T300 pedals from a couple years ago and the continued reports of mediocre reliability of the wheel itself, I'm hesitant to get this package. And, for another $170 I need the TH8A shifter. So, all in all I'm looking at nearly $600 for a setup I have suspect confidence just so I can have a shifter and full backward compatibility to GT6 on PS3. Hmm.

After writing down my thoughts I'm leaning toward the G29, but if anyone has any insight or can sell me on the virtues of he T300RS GT Edition please share.

There is no question that the T3PA pedals are a nice upgrade from the stock T300 pedals. Moreover, the folks that have reviewed both the G29 and T300 prefer the T300, primarily due to its stronger, smoother force feedback. Check InsideSimRacing.tv, for example. That being said, the T300 has had reliability issues. Mine failed on me after a year or so. If I were you, I would go with the G29, since reliability seems to be a significant concern. If you can live with the risk, however, the T300 will perform better.

After writing down my thoughts I'm leaning toward the G29, but if anyone has any insight or can sell me on the virtues of he T300RS GT Edition please share.

I'm not a wheel expert and i can't really point minor differences between decent wheels appart from nasty materials, noises, etc when they're in the same tier as a product. "Better" sometimes is mostly on paper, it's up to you to decide how much more money those specs are worth.

That being said, i see the G29 as a reliable all around product that works on everything and does the job (actually i'm VERY pleased with it tbh). I specially like the nice leather and sturdy pedals (for that price, of course). Really don't see a game changer or good enough reason to pay more for a "better" wheel in it's class, so as someone who uses it a lot, i can vouch for it too.

Last edited:
Can anyone who has used G27 AND G29 chime in? I'd like to know if G29 has fixed some of G27's design problems like the first 15 degrees of "dead FFB" and the weak FFB problem (screw comes loose or something) But yeah if that problem and others like Potentiometer clogging didn't present themselves in 3+ years of use then I'd say go for G29, since it's an upgrade and improvement already on a great, modifiable base but they did bump up the price so I'd like to know if they fixed these two issues, improving the reliability.

Last edited:
I can give some inputs from PC perspective

Pedals what makes you enter GT Academy, not the steering wheel. So pay attention to pedals first.

Logitech G27/G29 on PC gives resolution up to 255 RAW data
Thrustmaster T500RS and T3PA / Pro on PC gives resolution up to 1023 RAW data
Fanatec is the top consumer line on PC with loadcell brake technology out from factory

So this RAW data gives you more modulation on 1023 vs 255. Modulation matters if you want to control the power oversteer like exiting corners on Porsche 991 GT3 where no TC and ABS available to help, so here's come the needs of better throttle & brakes.

There's Loadcell upgrade for T500RS and G29 but the resolution I'll assume will stuck at 255 RAW for G29. In PC scene, there's a dedicated USB adapter that makes the standard G29 pedal up to 1023 RAW data, google Leo Bodnar G25 Pedal Adapter. Will not work on PS3 and PS4. So the best choice for me is still Thrustmaster T300/500 line ups vs G29.

Once you sorted out with pedal, now the steering. T300 is the absolute best belt driven FFB wheel out there , but make sure to play it on 40%-50% power on air conditioned room, the overheating problem plague T300RS so badly.T500 is more to raw power but lacking details provided by T300RS.

G29 also much smoother than G27 as long you don't hit the kerbs. Maybe because of the new hall sensor being used over optical encoder on G27.

Another point to pay attention is G29 pedal is short throw and T3PA is a bit longer and the RS version can be inverted. Formula cars will be much suited on G29 because of the pedal design. GT and Rally much more be.tter on longer throw style pedals

Can anyone who has used G27 AND G29 chime in? I'd like to know if G29 has fixed some of G27's design problems like the first 15 degrees of "dead FFB" and the weak FFB problem (screw comes loose or something) But yeah if that problem and others like Potentiometer clogging didn't present themselves in 3+ years of use then I'd say go for G29, since it's an upgrade and improvement already on a great, modifiable base but they did bump up the price so I'd like to know if they fixed these two issues, improving the reliability.
Deadzone is still present.

I can give some inputs from PC perspective

Pedals what makes you enter GT Academy, not the steering wheel. So pay attention to pedals first.

Logitech G27/G29 on PC gives resolution up to 255 RAW data
Thrustmaster T500RS and T3PA / Pro on PC gives resolution up to 1023 RAW data
Fanatec is the top consumer line on PC with loadcell brake technology out from factory

So this RAW data gives you more modulation on 1023 vs 255. Modulation matters if you want to control the power oversteer like exiting corners on Porsche 991 GT3 where no TC and ABS available to help, so here's come the needs of better throttle & brakes.

There's Loadcell upgrade for T500RS and G29 but the resolution I'll assume will stuck at 255 RAW for G29. In PC scene, there's a dedicated USB adapter that makes the standard G29 pedal up to 1023 RAW data, google Leo Bodnar G25 Pedal Adapter. Will not work on PS3 and PS4. So the best choice for me is still Thrustmaster T300/500 line ups vs G29.

Once you sorted out with pedal, now the steering. T300 is the absolute best belt driven FFB wheel out there , but make sure to play it on 40%-50% power on air conditioned room, the overheating problem plague T300RS so badly.T500 is more to raw power but lacking details provided by T300RS.

G29 also much smoother than G27 as long you don't hit the kerbs. Maybe because of the new hall sensor being used over optical encoder on G27.

Another point to pay attention is G29 pedal is short throw and T3PA is a bit longer and the RS version can be inverted. Formula cars will be much suited on G29 because of the pedal design. GT and Rally much more be.tter on longer throw style pedals

I can say the G27 pedals, even at just 255 RAW resolution are more than sufficient. In GT6 got a top #250 rank lap on suzuka TT with that, and I only practiced a few hours for two days. And using my own tune on the GSX but my brake pedal did have a GTEYE progressive spring at the time of that run. Honestly the newer kits, the better technical specs of resolution are nice for pedals on paper but for majority of racers I do not think they'll need better than a G29 till they really figure out they want to chase that top 1% of racers in every sim. Even then the nerves and reflexes/presicion required to make use of that 1023+RAW resolution data I beleive matters little if the driver isn't experienced in performing various racing techniques with accuracy and high consistency, one after another. You can get awfully close to the cream of the crop, 1% of players with just a stock G27. And you could probably beat some of them too. I'm not exactly a top driver either I'm just a few steps above some amateurs, almost reaching pro level. Though it may be a little outdated so people may want the newer G29 since the PS4 has a lockout chip that won't allow G27.

Deadzone is still present.
Not gonna lie, a fair bit disappointed they didn't solve that for G29. Still great value for money if you pay less than $280 for it new. If you see a G29 being sold for above $350 you may want to reconsider, at that price point you could get a T300RS, which does have more advanced wheel but the stocks pedals/other features may be lacking

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible to use my t300rs wheel with fanatec pedals on PS4? Like USB from pedals into PS4 and USB from wheel into other PS4 USB port?

Latest Posts

Back