What will make or break your decision to buy/play GT7?

• Thread starter DigoARA
  • 204 comments
As long as I can afford it, I will keep buying playstation and GT. I'm an old school hardcore gamer and its likely that i will play videogames until 80 years old
I also play on PC but there's no GT on PC.

GT7 will be vastly improved in general, pretty sure. Most of the current problems they have with GT6 are related to the PS3 machine being old and underpowered for today's standards. 512 MB of RAM? Thats ridiculously low.
Not only that but its also hard and slow to develop on PS3, and with the PS4, being pretty much like a PC, they wont have this problem. They will develop better and faster. And with great sounds.
Honestly I cant wait to play GT7 on the PS4.

The main reason for me to not buy GT7 is the financial impossibilty of acquire a PS4. They are way too expensive in my home country, as also the XBOX One.

Yes, I know the price will eventually go down, but still very expensive vs the life cost.

GT7 will basically not have to suck.

Better car list, better sounds, and a photomode that wasn't worse than GT4 mostly.

PD really need to make a proper game instead of gimmicks like the Lunar Landing and little customization like gauges and racing numbers. They really need to realize it's not 2006 anymore, and that there are other games out there that will take them down, and can very, very easily.

No more standard cars, I want next gen detail on the cars, quality over quantity is a personal preference for me

Also the AI needs seriously looking at, get rid of the rubber banding and chase the rabbit type races and give us AI that make us work and test our driving skills.

Damaged model needs improving and the engine/exhaust sounds need a complete overhaul, fed up of listening to Henry the Hoover mope about the track.

Apart from that GT6 was a fun game and has many positive points, it kept me entertained last Christmas, but I found myself going over the issues above and with promised features missing and still missing, I must say that they need to under promise and over deliver for GT7, rather then over promise and under deliver, which in my personal opinion is what happened with GT6.

A whole new game from the ground up. An engine/car sound package that's competitive in 2015, not a bandaided version of 2002. A richer, deeper physics model with a brand new tire model where maintaining ideal tire temperatures for wear and grip matters. A realistic aero/downforce model. AI that's less "A" and more "I". A vastly improved online experience with a driver rating system and better connectivity.

And more...

For me it'll depend on 4 things:
- All features that were promised for GT6 need to be provided in GT6
- What features will be promised as 'future updates' for GT7? The game better be as complete as possible from release
- Career Mode needs to be good again like in GT4 and with proper AI competition
- Endurance Racing needs to be back

I'm pretty sure GT6 will be my last Gran Turismo. I'm sick and tired of PD's empty promises and half-assed attempts. I'll probably continue to play PC racing sim's and/or Forza.

Years ago I bought a second or third hand PS2. After having it a while, I bought a burn copy of GT4 for it for $10 on eBay. Played that right up until the PS3 was announced then sold off everything for max value.

In 2010 I bought a secondhand PS3. I had no idea GT5 was coming out until I saw an ad for it. Remembering how much fun GT4, I bought GT5 pretty near release day. I got a good deal on a DFGT in Fall 2012 and I played it until I finally got burned out on it Spring 2013. I waited for GT6 knowing I would get it on release day and get all the pre-sale cars I could possibly get.

GT6 is here and it hasn't held my interest the way GT5 did. I'm not nearly as disappointed in the lack of advertised features as others, but I am disappointed in the lack of in-depth single player races (career and arcade) and poor AI. I enjoyed the Endurance races in GT5, both with A-Spec and B-Spec. I assumed those "basic" features would be carried over and, regardless of anything else, I'd have GT5 with more cars, tracks, better graphics and physics. It isn't that at all.

I will not buy a PS4 unless there is an incredibly compelling reason. The general disappointment I have with GT6 has soured me to the idea of investing what it will take to get GT7.

Even though they're royally *****d this one up making an unfinished GT5 rehash with extra stuff, I feel that 7 will be better. GT6 was rushed to match the 15th anniversary stuff, as well as trying beating the PS4 out and it suffered massively because of it. You can tell Kaz isn't happy, it's why all the updates keep messing up the FFB, Physics, 3D support etc. They're trying to finish the game with it out of their hands. It's a little like trying to mend a car that has already left the garage, it's never going to work.

I will still buy GT7 but the thing that will make put me off is the amount of 2 generation old assets in the game. I will simply ignore the Standard cars but it's getting tiresome and if there was a decent alternative to GT then I'd probably move over there. So to answer the question in the original post. The only thing that would stop me from buying another GT game was if there was an equal to, or greater racing game to replace it on the PS3/PS4 and I'm not sure there will be one for a while, not even Project CARS interests me.

Unfortunately games development these days is fairly reliant on updates - GT7 like any other game will likely have a launch window that Sony will want PD to honour, in the knowledge that even if the game isn't 100% complete it can be updated later.

Look at previous GTs that didn't have online components/updates - GTPSP was delayed for over two years if I recall correctly, and there were many years between previous iterations as there was no way to update the game after launch so they HAD to be complete on launch.

So whilst I agree it would be ideal to get a 'full' game on launch, I suspect the reality will be similar to GT6 whereby it'll launch with a limited set of features that will get added to over time.

I really hope for the former, but if that means and extra year or two to wait, I'd be inclined to forego a 'complete' game in favour of getting it earlier, even with updates.

And don't forget, without updates, we wouldn't have hype trains to jump aboard! :dopey:

As long as I can afford it, I will keep buying playstation and GT. I'm an old school hardcore gamer and its likely that i will play videogames until 80 years old
I also play on PC but there's no GT on PC.

GT7 will be vastly improved in general, pretty sure. Most of the current problems they have with GT6 are related to the PS3 machine being old and underpowered for today's standards. 512 MB of RAM? Thats ridiculously low.
Not only that but its also hard and slow to develop on PS3, and with the PS4, being pretty much like a PC, they wont have this problem. They will develop better and faster. And with great sounds.
Honestly I cant wait to play GT7 on the PS4.

256MB ram

The cost of the PS4 is the deal-breaker for me. If it's still over £150 for the console on GT7 release day, unless I've found a pot of gold by then, it may have to wait [Depending on the depth of game content as per @Johnnypenso criteria, that could be hard to resist] until it hits sub £150....I despise having to ever pay anymore than that for a muthaF:censored:kin console, and even more so when my only interest in it is for playing Gran Turismo.

My 12gb super-slim PS3 cost me £120 in December 2012 along with GT5 Academy Edition for £20...and in Jan 2013 I added a 1TB HDD at a cost of £57

When GT3 came about I think I payed £199 for a PS2 because I'd loved playing GT1+2 on my PS1, but it was also mainly because I was taking it home from the retailer via a local mod-chip fitter and at the time there was a vast amount of games available for it which I wanted to play. I bought genuine copies of the few good racing games including the all the GT titles.

The only thing standing between me and GT7 is whether the PS4 supports (or will support) Logitech wheels.

No support = bye-bye Sony

At the moment its not supporting Logitech, and I highly doubt it will in the future since Logitech stated a while back that it will stop making wheels.

GT7 better have a pretty great car list. PD has too many god damn connections in the automotive industry to be putting out updated versions of cars and modern day casual cars. Where's the P1 or the Ariel Atom or the Huracan.

I'm still reasonably confident that GT6 reverted back to such a basic state of a game because everything was being built, in a way that meant transferring it and expanding it to make use of the PS4's abilities without another ground-up rebuild, would be possible in a relatively short amount of time. As such, I'd imagine GT7 will ship with quite a lot more content and features than GT6 did. Only time will tell though, and I'm not sure that without considerable updates launching in the next 2 or 3 months, GT7 must still be quite a long way off.

• Wheel support.
  • Inclusion of a good livery editor
  • Inclusion of good online community features
  • Better tuning options/more realistic tuning
  • Better communication
  • Better career mode

If GT7 doesn't include those 6 things, then its off to Forza and Xbox for me or possibly venture off into the PC gaming world. I know I'm asking for a lot here, but in my opinion, those kinds of things are going to be what it takes to keep GT competitive with other racing/driving games. Its time Kaz stops living in the past, comes out of his bubble, and realizes that his "virtual dream" isn't working any more. Time to put up or shut up Kaz.

I'm still reasonably confident that GT6 reverted back to such a basic state of a game because everything was being built, in a way that meant transferring it and expanding it to make use of the PS4's abilities without another ground-up rebuild, would be possible in a relatively short amount of time. As such, I'd imagine GT7 will ship with quite a lot more content and features than GT6 did. Only time will tell though, and I'm not sure that without considerable updates launching in the next 2 or 3 months, GT7 must still be quite a long way off.
when it comes to cars I really think we don't need anymore content. I think Pd should replace A LOT of cars.

My situation is:

Ps3 with basically new DFGT, oldish pc. No money.

So i either get a ps4 with gt7 if it supports my dfgt (unlikely), or build a new pc in a couple years, and go project cars if it proves good..

What i guess is it'll end with me skipping ps4 due to wheel and i'll play gt6 until servers are closed or rooms empty :(

I definitely won't pre-order it this time around. I don't trust PD anymore. I'll carefully check on gtp boards how the general vibe is after release, and what promised features are/aren't in the game. If I like what I read, I'll buy it.

That is, if there isn't already a better racing game out on PS4 at that time. (I'm looking at you, Project Cars!)

After I found out GT7 was still going to have standard cars, that was the final straw for me. I am finished with the GT series. Might consider picking up another GT game many years down the road when all the cars are premium. Until then, I am finished. On a side note I did enjoy GT6 and still have it. But I do plan to trade in my PS3 in the very near future.

I'll be purchasing the game regardless of what it does or doesn't have, but if it were the case the largest factor would have to be a livery editor.

Last edited:
I share many of the disappointments already posted here, but the biggest factor will be how well Project CARS on PS4 with a new rig will fill the gap of 'racing game' left by GT's continued down-turn lately.

As well as IF they truely start to communicate clearly with the fans/community, no 'soon, technically possible' BS.

If they continue these 'pokerface' antics with missing/overdue content and towards the community requests/concerns in general, I most likely won't touch GT7 unless I find it in the $cheap$ bin at gamestop.

I've already made the decision to join the Project CARS movement once finances allow so.

Last edited:
I'm personally very excited for GT7, don't think anything can break my decision to buy next GT game. Just hoping a trailer will come out this year at least. I'm sort of expecting it will be the best looking and sounding racing game ever created and hopefully it has good AI too.

At the moment its not supporting Logitech, and I highly doubt it will in the future since Logitech stated a while back that it will stop making wheels.

I'm aware of that. But I'm still holding out a slim hope (hence the "will support" part). As you said it's very unlikely though.

Back