What will make or break your decision to buy/play GT7?

• Thread starter DigoARA
  • 204 comments
Basically, all premium cars. Bring back some of my favorite tracks from GT2 and GT4. More customization, when it comes to purchase of a new car, ex. 1969 Camaro, I'd like a vinyl top w/ Hokey stripes. Something like this could get away from a lot of duplicates. Maybe something like different motor options that were available from the factory. Some more muscle might not be bad. I like this GT vision. I think at this time, the games physics are just fine. I understand peoples complaints with the physics, but it seems fine for my tastes. Yes, I to have rolled a car on a flat surface from going too fast, but that might be too tight of suspension. I think Rally is top notch, for me, really love it. Maybe we should ban together and start a petition on what one might really want as a fix for one of the best franchises out there. My opinion is that GT6 is still a great game. I am happy that the loading times seem quicker than GT5. I have not been impressed with other Driving Simulators. With this said, I have not dabbled into Forza 5. What I also like, is the heritage that GT seems to want to run with, on this go around. I'd like to know if you'd go for Xbox One if they had all the bs they were originally talking about, always kenect, 24 hour online login, and the other stuff that would have taken your free choice away. I am not a huge microsoft fan, because of mostly everything they were doing before the 360 came out. Sony seems to give me more freedom with the console, it's self. If the PS4 can do things that I like that the PS3 can do, but better, and GT7 is a solid game for me, I'll buy it, not anytime soon, but I will. Graffix are not everything to me, hence why I still play NES, but with that said, GT needs to look beautiful, realistic. I use my PS3 as a great multimedia. I have around 6000 songs on mine, with a terabyte hdd, which was another selling point of a PS3, swapping of the hdd. I did rant, and I apologize. I still feel that we didn't need next gen for another few years anyway. Stepping off the soap box.

PS4+GT7+new steering wheel,no thanks.
PC is my choice.
Ohhh GAMMING PC ,Ohhh GAMING PC
please come to me
more options and fun there will be
and never stop to entertaining me!
You should try rFactor or Simraceway, both don't require much computer power to run. I managed to even play rFactor on an old netbook once and did a lap around Suzuka. Might pick up a tablet based on Intel Cherry Trail when they come out so have something that can play rFactor on the go. Quite fun to play with keyboard, I still play from time to time on rFactor. You might be surprised at PC sims as they are quite easy to push to the limit in general, GT in my opinion probably requires more skill to go quicker as you have to constantly drive the car on like a knife edge.

You should try rFactor or Simraceway, both don't require much computer power to run. I managed to even play rFactor on an old netbook once and did a lap around Suzuka. Might pick up a tablet based on Intel Cherry Trail when they come out so have something that can play rFactor on the go. Quite fun to play with keyboard, I still play from time to time on rFactor. You might be surprised at PC sims as they are quite easy to push to the limit in general, GT in my opinion probably requires more skill to go quicker as you have to constantly drive the car on like a knife edge.
Thank you for the advice Saidur 👍,but I will buy PC not sooner than the next spring.

Thank you for the advice Saidur 👍,but I will buy PC not sooner than the next spring.
Good time to buy a new PC, might have new stuff out by then or at least at a lower price 👍. If you have a laptop or desktop PC that has reasonable performance then you likely be able to play games like rFactor and other games based on the isiMotor2 engine. Hopefully Logitech wheels get support on PS4 though.

Say this GT6 and GT5 lost the sum of the parts battle. That's why most people like GT1-GT4

Think back Nascar/WRC/Karting all under utilized I'm not a fan of Nascar and Karting, but had they done it right I would have jumped at it. Heck when GT3 was out I didn't really know what Rallying was, but it was done fairly well, and I loved it.

The VERY FIRST THING PD needs to focus on is SP content it's that simple GT was not always an online game just because every game now comes with an online component doesn't mean you let go of SP. Call of Duty can do that, but others not so much.

1. Enough races to justify Car Count I've been saying that over and over in other threads
2. License's being utilized Properly example fair number of Nascar/Rally/Kart Tracks along with our regular race tracks
3. Bringing back pretty much most old tracks Seattle, SSR11, Old Rome(Like it better than new one), Midfield, and New York plus etc.
4. A.I, A.I, A.I I don't care how it happens **** chase the rabbit give me the real thing
5. Damage Properly done
6. Weather All Tracks
7. B-spec and Photomode restored to what it was suppose to be
8. Updated Tracks and Cars(EVEN IF IT MEANS TRIMMING THE **** CAR LIST!)

I know Online needs to be fixed, but if you have a great Single Player people can wait on Online heck when GTA O had it's first problems I would happily be playing Single Player waiting for it to be sorted out.

If it would look like an 80's DOS racing game, I would still buy it. C'mon we are talking about GT, here!

Your point though? Just like other franchises GT has lost it's way and either it can get back on track. By doing it the Forza way which again would work, or keep going the overload of content route that most becomes useless.

Your point though? Just like other franchises GT has lost it's way and either it can get back on track. By doing it the Forza way which again would work, or keep going the overload of content route that most becomes useless.

My point is that I will buy GT7 regardless almost anything. ;)

I dont trust PD/Sony anymore. Ive been playing since GT2 thru GT5. I didnt buy GT6, as I got tired of the bs promises they didnt come thru with.

Biggest disappointment for me is the LACK OF TRACKS. All the classic tracks theyve had from the beginning of the series, and the promises of how Bluray would greatly enhance the game...
I realize theres only so much time, $$ and resources to develop. But, if having a 1k car list takes away significantly from implementing more tracks, then, you lost me. You lost "track" of the things even small things that made GT great, as it used to be.

Biggest disappointment for me is the LACK OF TRACKS. All the classic tracks theyve had from the beginning of the series, and the promises of how Bluray would greatly enhance the game...
I realize theres only so much time, $$ and resources to develop. But, if having a 1k car list takes away significantly from implementing more tracks, then, you lost me. You lost "track" of the things even small things that made GT great, as it used to be.
You mean the lack of tracks that you want. GT has the deepest track lineup of any console game ever as far as I know.

You mean the lack of tracks that you want. GT has the deepest track lineup of any console game ever as far as I know.

I can't disagree with that, but what I can say is although it has the # of tracks some of the tracks are fodder like Cape Ring it was half-*** even the Matterhorn tracks, and another thing just like having the livery editor I wish the tracks were put together like certain tracks get counted twice as if they are different, but that's just me I argued that before.

@djslofstra

I wouldn't take that stance I use to do that got burned HARD!
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot etc etc list goes on.

Sadly I don't think they are capable of producing a game that I want anymore. That much was clear from GT5. I didn't bother buying GT6 because it was obvious that it was more like GT5 than GT4.

I only ever actually bought any of my playstations (1,2 & 3) because of GT but I won't be buying a PS4, at least not for GT7 anyway.

It is quite sad but R.I.P Gran Turismo.

I will buy it:

*When it is in the bargain bin (after the GT5-6 fisaco, PD dont deserve a full hundo for GT7)
*When it supports my G27 (not PD, but I wont play GT7 without a wheel, and I wont buy another unless my G27 carks it)
*When the sounds are on par with PC sims
*When it is COMPLETE
*If it has a decent offline career mode. Endurance races, one make races, yadda yadda yadda.

I will only get a PS4 for a good racing game. For it to be GT7, I will require:

1. Good offline play: engaging career mode, the return of (optional) practice+qualifying, and some sort of custom race option so we can do one-make races and turn on fuel use/tire wear/damage. Bonus points for endurance races where you can alternate stints with B-spec drivers!

2. Good AI: and I don't mean just good compared to GT6. Almost anything is better than that. I mean good, competitive AI on par with any other racing game out there.

3. Solid multiplayer: I'm pretty content with the options we have here but make it stable and reliable.

There are a host of other things I would like to see, but these are the ones that I require. I bought GT6 the day it came out because I bought into the hype train that Kaz/PD learned something from GT5's shortcomings. I was wrong. I will not make that mistake twice.

Last edited:
I'm so bored of Gran Turismo right now, with fun games like Forza Horizon 2, The Crew, Driveclub, F1 2014 and PCars, PD will really have their work cut out to make something that is as enticing and fun as these titles.

Give us a compelling reason to buy GT7 PD...

I'm so bored of Gran Turismo right now, with fun games like Forza Horizon 2, The Crew, Driveclub, F1 2014 and PCars, PD will really have their work cut out to make something that is as enticing and fun as these titles.

Give us a compelling reason to buy GT7 PD...
The reason to buy GT7 is because there may be more features, more tracks and more cars...

Time will tell whether I want it or not, mainly I want to see the full package of GT6 first before I think about GT7.

I want the following improved:
-graphics (no standards, better environment)
-better car list (get rid of the hundreds Japanese clones and include some European and American cars)
-engine sounds
-mechanical damage in career mode
-more modes in career (autocross, drag racing, hot laps, elimination, rally, qualifying etc.)
-better physics

If any of these are not improved I'm buying an Xbone for Forza.

I want the following improved:
-graphics (no standards, better environment)
-better car list (get rid of the hundreds Japanese clones and include some European and American cars)
-engine sounds
-mechanical damage in career mode
-more modes in career (autocross, drag racing, hot laps, elimination, rally, qualifying etc.)
-better physics

If any of these are not improved I'm buying an Xbone for Forza.

I'd actually recommend you to do so now don't wait around sometimes it's for the better.

I wouldn't recommend Forza 5 at all. Forza 4 has most of what Forza 5 has, short of a few cool features. And more cars, and more tracks, and more events, and has a larger user base if you like doing things such as tricking up race cars, and the 360 is more affordable. If you absolutely have to have a next gen Forza, that's another matter. And I can sure understand wanting that new CPU smell, but I do have to wonder how long some of you guys are going to hang around saying goodbye, as if you're hoping someone cares. ;)

Anyway, the PS3 is just too old and limited to deliver what PD is capable of. Just take night racing, with all of two cars casting their headlights on the surroundings. The glitchy shadows. The panoramic views of large tracks with the PS3 struggling to display it all - Zahara is practically crying out for more ram and a better GPU.

I want PS4 for better games period, but when GT7 is out, SONY will already have my money.

Anyway, the PS3 is just too old and limited to deliver what PD is capable of. Just take night racing, with all of two cars casting their headlights on the surroundings. The glitchy shadows. The panoramic views of large tracks with the PS3 struggling to display it all - Zahara is practically crying out for more ram and a better GPU.

I want PS4 for better games period, but when GT7 is out, SONY will already have my money.

I'm not exactly sure what PD is capable of right now. Yes, they can put an obstacle course on the moon. They can model WW2 utility vehicles with great detail. They can even bring us made up marketing vehicles for various manufacturers, or produce bugged software wildly beyond target release windows. GT6 is good for hot lapping and time trials, but that's about it right now - especially offline.

The PS3 is an aging platform, no doubt, but other games have delivered good graphics and good AI, so why can't PD? Dark cockpits, shadow flickering (Mt Panorama is rediculous), and other bugs and glitches make it feel like amateur hour at times. I will agree that Zahara is crying out for more RAM, but one would think things like this would have been figured out this far into the PS3's life cycle.

I want to see GT7 get back to its roots of being a great racing game and not just a hot lapping/time trial/"collect them all" museum/car show.

Last edited:
Back