What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
If it's possible I'm going to make Millport if it's possible.

MGC%20Cumbrae%20Map%20359x520.jpg

I also want to be able to have this in the track.

millport-croc.jpg

What i'm wondering is how much elevation change will it be able to put in the game? If it's limited to 300-500 feet of elevation change, that's going to suck.

I'll try to create a loop around my neighborhood to get a feel for how the creator works. then a day trip to skyline drive is in order. Low speed limit in the park, winding along the top of a mountain range, hopefully a strong GPS signal. should generate a decent data set I hope.

I have to assume the game will just place the created track in some generic scenery.

This is the one I want to do. 12.5km long with probably about an 800m elevation change. Love driving this road at night when no one is around so you can actually see the lights coming the other way for the blind corners.

It's a shame that I doubt that it will be able to capture the drops over the cliffs at the side of the road though.

There are no street view pics for it, but this might give a bit more of an idea of the elevation change.

Still, no pictures can describe the feeling of joy from driving this road. Especially with the random wooden bridge one laners on some hairpins... Simply magic

Last edited:
www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6190644 (Uphill, but this one should be the downhill :grumpy:)
www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6190647 (Downhill, but it should be better if it is uphill)

La Rumorosa, part of Highway 2 of Mexico, I've passed this road more times than I can remember, it takes you from one of the hottest places on earth to a pretty cold place (It does snow there every winter)

This is where Richard Hammond drove the Mastretta MXT

la-rumorosa.jpg

la-rumorosa-5.jpg

431238rumorosa1.jpg

4460_1232357294.jpg

There's this part of Highway 4 in California that has a small, steep little hill that'll fully extend your car's suspension if you're doing about 70-75mph. Could only imagine what GT6 cars would do if the track editor is that accurate with hills.

Was glad I didn't have to use the restroom when I discovered the hill...

These:
http://goo.gl/maps/5CD2P
http://goo.gl/maps/SLB4K

http://goo.gl/maps/ZHlX9
http://goo.gl/maps/nA6tO

The first two are close to where I live and have a ton of elevation change and a good mix of corners

the others are roads I've always wanted to drive fast on with no danger of dying or getting arrested haha
Wow...

The second two look absolutely magnificent!
:bowdown:
You MUST make and share these with me as and when it all becomes possible!

I promise I'll find somthing worth sharing in return :gtpflag:

You MUST make and share these with me as and when it all becomes possible!

Here's hoping it does become possible...but if and when it does I will make my way out to the desert as soon as the chance arrives and drive those roads.

The first two I will be making within the first two days the app is available though. They don't look like much from the satellite view, but the second is a downhill left right into an up hill left right that rivals Eau Rouge. Check out the street views of them if you haven't already.

ferrari f1: That looks fantastic! Is there much elevation change? Not that it matters much with all those twisty bits.

It took me quite awhile but I made this in the game today, there's so many options to use I wasn't very happy with the final product until now.

1.JPG

Does anyone know how this is actually going to work??

Is it an APP with get to use via our phones etc?

Course Maker
This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

I wish to make a nice big figure 8 track, but the center crossing point will have one over pass, and one underpass tunnel. The kicker (figuratively speaking) is I want the overpass to be a table top jump style (with a big gap underneath), that lends itself to natural elevated terrain.

If you miss the jump, well, sorry. there may be emergency road service for you below.

Perhaps instead of tunnel, it will be also the same jump, with cars criss-crossing in mid air, hoping you don't get the side impact from some heavy Dodge RAM.

I may not have time to create the track, But I'd donate a nice chunk of change to someone who would.

Last edited:
For me everything hinges on the amount of details we'll have control of. Making a cool course, either thorough the course maker or the GPS app is great but what sets everything apart is the environment. A good road flanked by forests on both sides is great, that same road with a cliff over looking a valley and lake or river makes that road awesome.
Right now, we don't know much about what we'll have control of when creating the environments, so until more details emerge I'll remain cautiously optimistic. As for a GPS replicated road, I'll go with the 191 in Arizona as it's a road that is on my bucketlist.

Can't remember where I suggested this, but I don't think it was this thread, anyway... Harknott & Wrynose pass in Cumbria.

Imagine the Goodwood hill climb, but 10k long, with a 1 in 3 gradient in places, and smashed up weathered tarmac...

It's a fantastic road that I've driven a few times.

HKP.jpg

sf15_r1_07.jpg

12.jpg

844632729_a4ef9ac739.jpg

Last edited:
i will try to re-create the alemannenring(old dtm-track in the 90s)it's loacted in my hometown(i.e singen/southern-germany)

there actually exists an rfactor version of the alemannenring^^

Guys, not to be a downer or anything, the track day apps that have this feature ask users to run the couse in the slowest speed possible, and to get really good acuracy it needs to be on foot, or with some aditional gps signal booster.
My home track has 20+ users of the app and still after 2-3 years its not perfect.
Iphone/android have around 1hz capture, while good gps signal enhancers go from 5-20 and top of the line ones (thousands of usd) can capture up to 100.
It will take lots of dedication and re-runs to get a good/great track in.
Having said that, i am looking foward to this feature.

Guys, not to be a downer or anything, the track day apps that have this feature ask users to run the couse in the slowest speed possible, and to get really good acuracy it needs to be on foot, or with some aditional gps signal booster.
My home track has 20+ users of the app and still after 2-3 years its not perfect.
Iphone/android have around 1hz capture, while good gps signal enhancers go from 5-20 and top of the line ones (thousands of usd) can capture up to 100.
It will take lots of dedication and re-runs to get a good/great track in.
Having said that, i am looking foward to this feature.

Speaking of which, I have been out of the loop on things GT6 lately...

Any word on when this will be released? This was the most exciting feature to me, and now it's nearly 2 months since release and still nothing.

They announced a course maker track for this month. It is a preview of what we can do with it but the actual tool launch date is still to be announced.

Waaaaay to excited about this, I need to calm down because it's gonna be a let-down probably. My fave track I've designed so far, around Bournemouth town centre, short and GP configurations;

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6162982
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6162983

Loads of elevation change and barely a right-angle in sight (once it's smoothed out a bit, and if that will even be possible lol). I'm gonna cycle my routes but the thing I don't understand is if it's all GPS then why do we have to physically go around the route? Couldn't we just pick points on a map?

Back