What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
So when is the Next Update??

You know as much as we do...

idk-jimmy-fallon-whatever-shrug.gif

Take a guess and chances are that you're right. Or wrong.

Isn't that the beauty of using GPS in the Track Creator? We aren't limited to roads. I regularly run a 5km route around my neighbourhood, a good track length so it would be nice to be able to find some cool windy streets to run on and then do shortcuts or take different routes across grass and over hills to other adjoining roads that once strung together, might make a better racing course than if you just stuck to the roads.💡

Just a guess, but you might have an issue recovering the data as well.:lol:

I run around or past the old Ford Test track routinely..you know that's going to be in one of my custom tracks!! One Mile oval closed to traffic, straights and corners each exactly 1/4 mile.
View attachment 82615

Hey there! I live in Windsor too! Heard about the test track before, but haven't had a chance to walk around there.:)

Hey there! I live in Windsor too! Heard about the test track before, but haven't had a chance to walk around there.:)
Haha...it's a one mile concrete oval Ford used to use as a test track. It's now closed to driving and all soccer fields in the middle but I took my Aurora around there when it was still open in 95' or 96'. @Nish is also from Windsor...very fast too.

I did up a few mock tracks based on the Ford Test Track although the track itself would be an excellent one mile oval. This one is 3.8 kms and I tried to use the landmarks I know are there to guide me when I try to make this course by walking it.
FTT3.8km with chicane.jpg

Haha...it's a one mile concrete oval Ford used to use as a test track. It's now closed to driving and all soccer fields in the middle but I took my Aurora around there when it was still open in 95' or 96'. @Nish is also from Windsor...very fast too.

I did up a few mock tracks based on the Ford Test Track although the track itself would be an excellent one mile oval. This one is 3.8 kms and I tried to use the landmarks I know are there to guide me when I try to make this course by walking it.
View attachment 182047

Sounds great! Looking forward to drive on it in GT6. Do you know any place around Windsor that is fun to drive? A open track or backroads? Tried to find one but got nothing:(

Sounds great! Looking forward to drive on it in GT6. Do you know any place around Windsor that is fun to drive? A open track or backroads? Tried to find one but got nothing:(
Back when I used to ride, I always left town to find some nice roads. 99% of the roads around here are flat and straight. All the backroads are county roads, again flat and straight none of them are really remote...always a house every few hundred metres.

I would lap the Canadian tire Motorsports Park (Mosport as I know it) its a track close to me that hosts the Mobil 1 Sports Car Grand Prix for the TUSCC (Tudor United Sports Car Championship). Therefore I can drive my favourite track all the time.

1341px-Mosport.svg.png

Somebody in the USA should recreate the entirety of route 66 and pikes peak. Likewise a person in Germany should do the Autobahn.
Then if there is a way to share created tracks like in gt5 they should share r66, pikes peak, and the autobahn for the rest of the community.

I don't really see the point in recording a 2,000 mile straight line...
Obviously it's not a completely straight line but you get it

No, that's just a joke thread.
it's not, thread drifted into jokes/speculation, but Daihatsu is one of the manufacturers in the Vision Gran Turismo dealership...

Somebody in the USA should recreate the entirety of route 66 and pikes peak. Likewise a person in Germany should do the Autobahn.
Then if there is a way to share created tracks like in gt5 they should share r66, pikes peak, and the autobahn for the rest of the community.
won't be possible on ps3 or even ps4. Pikes Peak could be, but it'd be just simpler for PDI or another company to add it to one of its games than for some talented course maker to accurately recreate it.

it's not, thread drifted into jokes/speculation, but Daihatsu is one of the manufacturers in the Vision Gran Turismo dealership...
It pretty much started out from being jokes. Certainly started from speculation, as nothing has been said about the Daihatsu VGT so far.

@NICKname
I think the OP was legitimately asking what it could be, probably knowing it'd make a good, funny thread. Daihatsu VGT is in the in-game list. You are correct, nothing official yet though, like GPS/course maker.

Something I hope everyone might keep in mind is when making your tracks/ courses, as stated in previous posts, take the same track/ course you just made and go extreme with it. A track/ course 2.0 if you will. What I mean is after you've plotted everything out, created - labeled and saved your track, go back into the same course and give the curves some extreme banking, throw in some jumps, some steep hills or dips (if we can alter the terrain). Makes for some interesting racing.

depends on the crowd you are racing with. I know plenty of racers that dislike the fantasy tracks altogether, let alone the jump at the Cape Ring track. I think tracks should be built to suit the needs and wants of the racing and racers that is are going to be going on.
However, that idea would make for some great rally racing.

depends on the crowd you are racing with. I know plenty of racers that dislike the fantasy tracks altogether, let alone the jump at the Cape Ring track. I think tracks should be built to suit the needs and wants of the racing and racers that is are going to be going on.
However, that idea would make for some great rally racing.
To be fair, there like four or five cape ring derivatives and they don't all feature that heinous jump. A few of them suit very, very good racing. Cape ring south makes for great races and the ascending chicane is one of my favorite chicanes of all the tracks. Probably second to Monaco at the bottom of the hill in front of the marina.

I am eager to see what people make with CC, though.

I'd hope that you could use Google earth and get path data in order to make your courses. If so then I'd be making tracks in the same vein as Formula E tracks. Street circuits.

Then I'd host a Tesla Roadster racing series on them.

I would basically map out tracks that I've driven in real life. Even going back and paying to do it again.

Prestwold Hall is a very simple track that holds drive days for supercars.

prestwold-hall-circuit-map.jpg

Mallory Park also holds drive days but is also used for a lot of bike races.

Mallory-Park-Circuit.jpeg

And this is just a track that I'd like to make around my home town and a regular route that I used to drive.

Broughton Internation Circuit.PNG

Hopefully the tracks would be shareable and between us all in the community we could map every real life circuit in the world. :)

Pikes Peak, High Plains Raceway, and Lookout Mountain Road would be the first ones I'd try (not in that order). Also, I threw this circuit together in a few minutes, it runs through City Park, right next to the zoo and the Museum of Nature and Science. Many childhood memories of both! Plus I think it makes a pretty nice circuit.
upload_2014-10-3_1-16-2.png

P.S it's 2.2 miles long w/ 15 corners

Latest Posts

Back