What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
Pikes Peak, High Plains Raceway, and Lookout Mountain Road would be the first ones I'd try (not in that order). Also, I threw this circuit together in a few minutes, it runs through City Park, right next to the zoo and the Museum of Nature and Science. Many childhood memories of both! Plus I think it makes a pretty nice circuit.
View attachment 234000
P.S it's 2.2 miles long w/ 15 corners
That looks pretty awesome. It kind of reminds me of the Grand Prix street circuit in Singapore
Circuit_Singapore_Street.png

That looks pretty awesome. It kind of reminds me of the Grand Prix street circuit in Singapore
Circuit_Singapore_Street.png
Thanks! It does look kinda similar, doesn't it? Problem is, it's going to be a lot more rough due to not being paved in quite a long time. Adds some more challenge, though. I really wanted to make a kart track through the zoo, but I don't think the city or the animals would be very happy about it... :)

@LXM3500 you could always walk it with the app running on your phone. You'd probably get more accuracy that way too.

Man I hope we get this soon.

@LXM3500 you could always walk it with the app running on your phone. You'd probably get more accuracy that way too.

Man I hope we get this soon.
Oh yeah, that would be great! Only problem is there is a seemingly endless horde of unattended children and/or ignorant parents everywhere in that zoo, and I'd have to walk around them, I wonder if that would mess it up. Then again, I could always rent a golf cart. :lol:

You mean this?:

transfagarasan.jpg~original

Nothing to complain about there, but it's a little like just racing from hairpin to hairpin. I think I'd prefer the flow of the Targa Florio, but a combination of the two would be great!!

This road is so close to me (less than 100 miles away) and it is actually considered the second best and also second highest. See "Transalpina" below (starting 9:58):

Or try this dash cam drive:

PS: My town is placed just in between the two roads, both are around 100 kilometers away from me.

Last edited:
This was an weekend ride and the road was and still is not completed and there is still work done on it, like adding side-rails and water ditches but sometimes is a lot of debris from the mountain alone.
It's pretty hard to drive as you have to be focused of debris and keep in mind that there are no side-rails yet and you have sometimes one mile slope two meters away from you. Hard to be focused as the view steals your attention...

I will recreate the path to my girldriend's house, to improve my racing line and get better times overall.
hoping to improve my chronic disease of being late.

I will recreate the path to my girldriend's house, to improve my racing line and get better times overall.
hoping to improve my chronic disease of being late.
In any case, I think you can only be faster by 10 seconds at most. Plus there are factors outside of your control such as traffic and weather that might make you late. But it's a noble cause nevertheless.

Yeah I'm a bit confused as to what's special about that. Is there a lot of elevation change or something?

I'm not judging. I drove around and around on some dirt roads similar to that frequently. The long sweeper's like that are a good way to learn how to slide a low powered fwd. 90 degree turns are great for e-brake turns. The reason I was wondering is because he says there would be more detail if we could zoom in...

Is this the road around Osama Bin Laden's compound?

Anyways ... still no Course Editor huh? I keep checking back every 6 months or so to see if there is a reason for me to turn on my PS3. Guess not. Back to iRacing then I guess. Come on Kaz!!!
No. It's in Portugal, Sarilhos Pequenos, Moita.

Back